New ownership - Football Ventures

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:51 pm

I mean a quick google suggests Nick Mason (£120m), Keith Morris (£185m), Sharon Brittan (£45m). Then there is Michael James, and possibly Jeff Thomas. Hard to find a number for KA, but I have seen £9m on here, probably £20m now!! (allegedly, possibly, maybe, I really couldn't possibly comment).

So yeah, lets do it sustainably, lets make good business decisions all they way through the club, but they aren't paupers...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:57 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:51 pm
I mean a quick google suggests Nick Mason (£120m), Keith Morris (£185m), Sharon Brittan (£45m). Then there is Michael James, and possibly Jeff Thomas. Hard to find a number for KA, but I have seen £9m on here, probably £20m now!! (allegedly, possibly, maybe, I really couldn't possibly comment).

So yeah, lets do it sustainably, lets make good business decisions all they way through the club, but they aren't paupers...
They clearly aren't. Football Ventures is a limited company. It isn't Pink Floyd and three multimillionaires. If it was then the first time that they put a serious bid in for the club they would have bought it.
...and it's no good just looking at internet figures of 'wealth'. Also try looking at the number of dissolved companies they've been associated with... It is quite large.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:04 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:57 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

They clearly aren't. Football Ventures is a limited company. It isn't Pink Floyd and three multimillionaires. If it was then the first time that they put a serious bid in for the club they would have bought it.
...and it's no good just looking at internet figures of 'wealth'. Also try looking at the number of dissolved companies they've been associated with... It is quite large.
They were prepared to buy it out of admin in February, until they withdrew after due diligence. Sharon has said herself yesterday "she is a winner in business", which would presumably mean getting the best possible she can, and outworking any competition which is what seems to have happened here. All seems positive to me :oyea:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:30 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:04 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

They were prepared to buy it out of admin in February, until they withdrew after due diligence. Sharon has said herself yesterday "she is a winner in business", which would presumably mean getting the best possible she can, and outworking any competition which is what seems to have happened here. All seems positive to me :oyea:
'They' didn't buy it out of admin in February though, and the number one money man, Basran, decided to quit. The number two money man, James, isn't part of the official set-up.

Brittan has had directorial roles in 38 businesses over the past 25 years with six active director roles, including one in the Football Ventures consortium.

She's a serial 'frontman'. Her supposed £45 million worth is calculated from a false premise. Her number one business experience is property management - you'll soon see that fxcker come to the fore, and you won't like it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:39 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

Yeah I read that as well and saw some figures for the liabilities of some of the companies.

Anyway I hope they can pull it off, not going into hero worship mode. Given the point we are at I'd have thought 3 years was a tad optimistic and if at the end of this season the club shows some semblance of having a decent manager, is competitive, still in possession of its assets I might get exited a touch. Pleased they got it in the end, hope there is no more hidden potholes and for once we see some open honest transparency.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:11 pm

I seriously doubt any one of our 'multimillionaire' owners has turned up with a view to becoming less well off.

It'll be tough to achieve anything else, mind. Of course anything is possible, I mean, "One day man will land on the moon, Thomas."

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:37 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:18 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/pink-floyd ... -1-6181151

Sometime, in the nearish future, you'll all come down off the instant adrenaline hit you are on.
I'm expecting to see these on sale in the club shop. Lets face it she can knit what she wants she won't be worse than the last "CEO" if that's even what you can call him.
She'll be knitting fog when the money they don't have dries up.
The club has to be self-sufficient, not reliant on external funding. Have you been living under a rock?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:37 pm
The club has to be self-sufficient, not reliant on external funding.

When do you think that might happen?

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:30 pm
=
She's a serial 'frontman'. Her supposed £45 million worth is calculated from a false premise. Her number one business experience is property management - you'll soon see that fxcker come to the fore, and you won't like it.
Wanderers saved at the last minute with liquidation one of the options -- Kens gone... and the new people haven't got their feet under the table yet... ink not dry on the contracts yet and you're sticking the knife in.. :conf: :conf:

why the negativity again ?

for what its worth -- I think that theres going to a wave of feelgood factor for the rest of this season which will take us into the playoffs...
you heard it here first LLS -- the whites are going up
I was the first to call it in 17/18 season when we pulled off a miracle and stayed up
Mark my words - we are going up in 2020 :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
First division is shite -- Wanderers are ace.... the whites are going up !
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:16 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:11 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
=
Wanderers saved at the last minute with liquidation one of the options -- Kens gone... and the new people haven't got their feet under the table yet... ink not dry on the contracts yet and you're sticking the knife in.. :conf: :conf:

for what its worth -- I think that theres going to a wave of feelgood factor for the rest of this season which will take us into the playoffs...
I was the first to call it in 17/18 season when we pulled off a miracle and stayed up
To be fair he's continuing on the same rhetoric. He's been saying it before they took over. I don't know who else was stood behind FV in the queue to buy us but FV are apparently the devil.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:23 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:16 pm
FV are apparently the devil.

I don't think anyone has said that. There is however the possibility they're under capitalized.

No harm in my world with managing expectation. Saves an awful lot of disappointment.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:26 pm

LLS doesn't know who the other party was either - so should at least give the new owners a chance
How does he know they haven't got a pot to piss in ?
They might have just had a very good strategy to buy us for as little as possible (good business)
No doubt we will find out over the next 12 months....
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:34 pm

Just a feeling apropos of not much fact, but I reckon the football gravy train and all associated with it will have had its day soon; at least as far as golden geese and oil rich maharajahs,oligarchs and multi millionaire footballers are concerned. The days of wine and roses has had a fair whack, but nothing lasts forever. The only real winner, as ever was, will be the tax collector. Make hay while the sun shines isn't just a verse from a musical, it's a warning. We shall see, no doubt.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:41 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:02 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Soon, Enoch. We have no players left on sumptuous contracts and players coming in will do so on affordable ones.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:41 pm
Enoch wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:02 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Soon, Enoch. We have no players left on sumptuous contracts and players coming in will do so on affordable ones.
I get that but all I've read suggests with a wage bill of zero we're still running at a loss.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:18 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/pink-floyd ... -1-6181151

Sometime, in the nearish future, you'll all come down off the instant adrenaline hit you are on.
I'm expecting to see these on sale in the club shop. Lets face it she can knit what she wants she won't be worse than the last "CEO" if that's even what you can call him.
She'll be knitting fog when the money they don't have dries up.
The club has to be self-sufficient, not reliant on external funding. Have you been living under a rock?
No, I live in the real world. The club also, as well as not 'relying on external funding', requires a degree of "internal funding" if it's outgoings don't overwhelm us before the incomings from the 'profits' become apparent - or do you live in the world of magical fantasy?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:52 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:23 pm
DJBlu wrote:
FV are apparently the devil.

I don't think anyone has said that. There is however the possibility they're under capitalized.

No harm in my world with managing expectation. Saves an awful lot of disappointment.
Thank you. I like your managed approach to expectation.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:54 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:39 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

Yeah I read that as well and saw some figures for the liabilities of some of the companies.

Anyway I hope they can pull it off, not going into hero worship mode. Given the point we are at I'd have thought 3 years was a tad optimistic and if at the end of this season the club shows some semblance of having a decent manager, is competitive, still in possession of its assets I might get exited a touch. Pleased they got it in the end, hope there is no more hidden potholes and for once we see some open honest transparency.
Again, I appreciate your perspective.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:59 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:26 pm
LLS doesn't know who the other party was either - so should at least give the new owners a chance
How does he know they haven't got a pot to piss in ?
They might have just had a very good strategy to buy us for as little as possible (good business)
No doubt we will find out over the next 12 months....
An interesting point of view, that they deliberately took us to the brink because they wanted to save as much money as possible, even though they did have a pot to piss in. Which begs the question does that make them better owners than those who wouldn't have entertained that strategy?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:04 pm

DJBlu wrote:
nelson66 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:11 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
=

To be fair he's continuing on the same rhetoric. He's been saying it before they took over. I don't know who else was stood behind FV in the queue to buy us but FV are apparently the devil.
I do. The answer is....nobody. Unless you count Bassini. And beyond waving emails around he never actually showed any money.