Time to field the club Priest: A Vs Gillingham 31:08:19 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Time to field the club Priest: A Vs Gillingham 31:08:19 3pm

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:56 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:52 pm
We are deperate for some creativity and a striker. Gillingham have had 14 shots (5 on target). Bolton have had 1 shot.

Lets hope we have a few experiened players lined up on Monday. Some decent loans might be just what we need.
Politic is trying his best but has no support to get up top.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:18 pm

3-0

Darcy needs to come off. Too easy down the left for them.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:22 pm

4-0

Gonna be 9 or 10 this.

Jack Hobbs ball watching.

Need those 15 players as soon as possible. We haven't played well at all.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:29 pm

4-0 already and I feel like crying. Gillingham......F.F.S Gillingham. Lord...I don't need a Mercedes Benz, just a team to support. Sick....Not even a radio commentary to shout at....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:22 pm
4-0

Gonna be 9 or 10 this.

I believe we can’t sign 15 due to squad limit. I think those who have played 5 games will count in quota. Certainly dispels all the myths last season that the kids were being held back by Parky and we’d have done better with them. They are miles off in reality.

About building a team for league two next season. Beyond Politic, Darcy and Zouma as squad players the rest need a few years in the oven.

Edwards might be good enough once he recovers.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:29 pm
4-0 already and I feel like crying. Gillingham......F.F.S Gillingham. Lord...I don't need a Mercedes Benz, just a team to support. Sick....
We were hours away from not having a club. Playing this game is celebration enough. Was always going to be a thumping. We exist. That is all that matters right now.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
4-0 already and I feel like crying. Gillingham......F.F.S Gillingham. Lord...I don't need a Mercedes Benz, just a team to support. Sick....Not even a radio commentary to shout at....
You can listen on your telly Tango. BBC Manc are on Freeview channel 719 covering our game

I wouldn't bother though.
Businesswoman of the year.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:36 pm

Shame luke Murphy didn’t cancel his contract! He never seems to get any mention whatsoever, games pass him by!

Not about today, too soon unfortunately. But we need to get a squad that can compete at this level if they want fans to come back. Getting dicked to nil every week is not much fun.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm
Certainly dispels all the myths last season that the kids were being held back by Parky and we’d have done better with them. They are miles off in reality. About building a team for league two next season. Beyond Politic, Darcy and Zouma as squad players the rest need a few years in the oven.Edwards might be good enough once he recovers.
Send for Kev Nolan, like NOW! Every team in this league are going to be chalking a mental three points against "Bolton Wanderers nil!" before they even play us. Today's Sun had a big article about our demise ever since we built the Reebok. Made sad, but true reading.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:38 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:35 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
You can listen on your telly Tango. BBC Manc are on Freeview channel 719 covering our game

Cheers Hoss. I'll check in advance in future...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:39 pm

5-0

OG. That's a new one.

Luke Murphy getting games because he's all we have is not good enough.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:45 pm

We're being absolutely bullied by every team we play. We really need to turn it round before real despondency sets in. This isn't even competing never mind winning. Come on new owners, set to work on your new shop and have a fire sale and re-stock. (not in any way blaming the kids, not their fault )....

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:49 pm

Gonna say Jimmy Phillips hasn't helped with how they are set up.

Lowe can play left back. Stick him there. Murphy in front of the back four and then work around it with the rest. Exposed by crosses all game.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:50 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:45 pm
We're being absolutely bullied by every team we play. We really need to turn it round before real despondency sets in. This isn't even competing never mind winning. Come on new owners, set to work on your new shop and have a fire sale and re-stock. (not in any way blaming the kids, not their fault )....
Despondency isn’t close to setting in TD. We’re Bolton wanderers, we are still alive and we are on our way back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
4-0

Gonna be 9 or 10 this.

I believe we can’t sign 15 due to squad limit. I think those who have played 5 games will count in quota. Certainly dispels all the myths last season that the kids were being held back by Parky and we’d have done better with them. They are miles off in reality.

About building a team for league two next season. Beyond Politic, Darcy and Zouma as squad players the rest need a few years in the oven.

You bloody clown, if Parkinson's had used a few of the younger ones instead of his carthorses all the time they might well be a little more clued up.
Let's be honest here, how many of his first team are we actually sorry to have lost? Not so fcuking many!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:55 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:52 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
4-0

Gonna be 9 or 10 this.

You bloody clown, if Parkinson's had used a few of the younger ones instead of his carthorses all the time they might well be a little more clued up.
Let's be honest here, how many of his first team are we actually sorry to have lost? Not so fcuking many!
They aren’t physically ready. Is that not blindingly obvious to you? Playing them before they are physically developed isn’t going to help them.

They were doing well in junior football but that’s closer to pub level than this.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:59 pm

Not gonna get too worked up about that.

A performance from players who know they are not going to be used when the new man comes in. It's taking it's toll on these you ones.

Politic was the stand out from a really poor outing.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:09 pm

Just completed a nine hour drive, and first thing I discover is we've lost 5-0 again. It truly is our default score... I'll read up later how the match went, but a pint and a phone charge comes first...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:55 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:52 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
4-0

Gonna be 9 or 10 this.

They aren’t physically ready. Is that not blindingly obvious to you? Playing them before they are physically developed isn’t going to help them.

They were doing well in junior football but that’s closer to pub level than this.
They all are not physically ready to play as a complete team, yes I agree but one or two of the older end should be more than physically capable or are you suggesting the young Para's are poor little flakes who are not physically capable? Maybe they are too molly cuddled now and just as much time should be spent in the gym as other things in their training. If they could not be knocking on the first team squad door when 19/20 maybe they aren't good enough?
It is unfair they have to play as a team and I do feel for them getting trashed every outing but bloody hell 60 or 18? I know which I'd pick any day of the week.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:19 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:35 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:

Does BBC Manc exist on Sky? What channel? (too late today obviously, but for the future...)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください