New ownership - Football Ventures

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:12 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:30 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:04 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:57 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:51 pm
I mean a quick google suggests Nick Mason (£120m), Keith Morris (£185m), Sharon Brittan (£45m). Then there is Michael James, and possibly Jeff Thomas. Hard to find a number for KA, but I have seen £9m on here, probably £20m now!! (allegedly, possibly, maybe, I really couldn't possibly comment).

So yeah, lets do it sustainably, lets make good business decisions all they way through the club, but they aren't paupers...
They clearly aren't. Football Ventures is a limited company. It isn't Pink Floyd and three multimillionaires. If it was then the first time that they put a serious bid in for the club they would have bought it.
...and it's no good just looking at internet figures of 'wealth'. Also try looking at the number of dissolved companies they've been associated with... It is quite large.
They were prepared to buy it out of admin in February, until they withdrew after due diligence. Sharon has said herself yesterday "she is a winner in business", which would presumably mean getting the best possible she can, and outworking any competition which is what seems to have happened here. All seems positive to me :oyea:
'They' didn't buy it out of admin in February though, and the number one money man, Basran, decided to quit. The number two money man, James, isn't part of the official set-up.

Brittan has had directorial roles in 38 businesses over the past 25 years with six active director roles, including one in the Football Ventures consortium.

She's a serial 'frontman'. Her supposed £45 million worth is calculated from a false premise. Her number one business experience is property management - you'll soon see that fxcker come to the fore, and you won't like it.
1. Unless you believe it was all a sideshow, then they were prepared to buy the club in February for something like £25m - £30m, which was the price being publicly quoted at the time. They found hidden debts reported at the time to be around £10m and pulled out. Basran did leave, but other people, who seem wealthier have joined.
2. James is still part of FV, he is on the PSG pic, which is reassuring as he is reported to be the one that got the deal over the line and saved us from liquidation, and he is a fan.
3. Sharon has had 38 businesses and it appears hasn't been banned from any directorships once :wink:
4. Her main experience maybe property management, but the alternative, if they were really serious, were described as Manchester property developers. And they didn't show any interest in the club during the whole administration period. If they had taken over via the backdoor route of getting the hotel, then concerns about grabbing the property at the expense of the well being of the team would be more founded.
5. Unless there is further evidence out there that I haven't seen, and I have only done a quick google, then those net worth figures are the only guide we have. They may be wildly overstated but we have wealthier people involved than at any time since Eddie was in charge, and no apparent pay day loans. It also seems hard to make the case that FV don't have a pot to piss in, or access to some wealth.

I don't think we should get carried away, it is hard to trust anyone buying a severely loss making football club that will lose £20m min over the next three seasons barring an on the pitch miracle. They have presented a business plan to the EFL that apparently was heavily scrutinized, and I do think what we have seen from these very early days are about as promising as we could've ever expected.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:16 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:59 pm
nelson66 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:26 pm
LLS doesn't know who the other party was either - so should at least give the new owners a chance
How does he know they haven't got a pot to piss in ?
They might have just had a very good strategy to buy us for as little as possible (good business)
No doubt we will find out over the next 12 months....
An interesting point of view, that they deliberately took us to the brink because they wanted to save as much money as possible, even though they did have a pot to piss in. Which begs the question does that make them better owners than those who wouldn't have entertained that strategy?
Your just twisting what I didn't say to suit your agenda
We all know that the deal was due to be signed months ago.... then Bassini threw a spanner in the works,, then Ken kept on changing his demands... FV were a constant throughout the process,, waiting to buy us.
Who in their right mind would offer to pay more for something than they had to ?
Am looking forwards to a great season - are you ?
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:17 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:50 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:37 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:18 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/pink-floyd ... -1-6181151

Sometime, in the nearish future, you'll all come down off the instant adrenaline hit you are on.
I'm expecting to see these on sale in the club shop. Lets face it she can knit what she wants she won't be worse than the last "CEO" if that's even what you can call him.
She'll be knitting fog when the money they don't have dries up.
The club has to be self-sufficient, not reliant on external funding. Have you been living under a rock?
No, I live in the real world. The club also, as well as not 'relying on external funding', requires a degree of "internal funding" if it's outgoings don't overwhelm us before the incomings from the 'profits' become apparent - or do you live in the world of magical fantasy?

Err, no! Thanks for for replying.
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:38 pm

51! I look older than that now!

It’s a great opening salvo. I’m very happy they are here. I give everyone a chance and I’m looking forward to supporting my club which remains here thanks to football ventures!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:18 am

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... g-ever-do/

Only one serious buyer.
Fees for administrator to be agreed. Clearly wasn’t enough in sale to recover full fee.
We are now Paul’s second team.
He’s one on the list we need to thank. I can’t imagine many wouldn’t have liquidated us at some point during this mess.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:17 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Sometime, in the nearish future, you'll all come down off the instant adrenaline hit you are on.
I'm expecting to see these on sale in the club shop. Lets face it she can knit what she wants she won't be worse than the last "CEO" if that's even what you can call him.
The club has to be self-sufficient, not reliant on external funding. Have you been living under a rock?
No, I live in the real world. The club also, as well as not 'relying on external funding', requires a degree of "internal funding" if it's outgoings don't overwhelm us before the incomings from the 'profits' become apparent - or do you live in the world of magical fantasy?

I've never not replied. I think you're mixing me up with someone else...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:59 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:16 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:59 pm
nelson66 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:26 pm
LLS doesn't know who the other party was either - so should at least give the new owners a chance
How does he know they haven't got a pot to piss in ?
They might have just had a very good strategy to buy us for as little as possible (good business)
No doubt we will find out over the next 12 months....
An interesting point of view, that they deliberately took us to the brink because they wanted to save as much money as possible, even though they did have a pot to piss in. Which begs the question does that make them better owners than those who wouldn't have entertained that strategy?
Your just twisting what I didn't say to suit your agenda
We all know that the deal was due to be signed months ago.... then Bassini threw a spanner in the works,, then Ken kept on changing his demands... FV were a constant throughout the process,, waiting to buy us.
Who in their right mind would offer to pay more for something than they had to ?
Am looking forwards to a great season - are you ?
I'm looking forward, but I hardly expect a 'great season' - a mediocre one will do me. What is this, greatest fan Willy waving?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:28 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:56 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

You’ve not replied to me in the administration thread...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:28 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Have I not? If I were you I'd have a quick look back.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:49 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:31 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Nope. Still no reply. It’s on the last page too.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:11 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I've never accused you of not having replied. I think you're mixing me up with someone else...
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:49 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:31 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Nope. Still no reply. It’s on the last page too.
You'll have to remind me.

...EDIT.
Just found it. No I won't apologise. Thanks for asking.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:28 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:11 pm

...EDIT.
Colour me shocked.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:28 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

...EDIT.
Colour me shocked.
Really? That's a question by the way.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:38 pm

There seems to have been an injection of capital into FV over the last few days...

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:47 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:04 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

...EDIT.
Colour me shocked.
No. It was a joke. Bazinga!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:47 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

...EDIT.
Colour me shocked.
Now try answering the 101 other questions you just ignore when you feel like it. Try Enoch's long languishing question as a starter. Bazinga your fxcking self.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:07 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

...EDIT.
Colour me shocked.
Now try answering the 101 other questions you just ignore when you feel like it. Try Enoch's long languishing question as a starter. Bazinga your fxcking self.
You quoted my post with a string of abusive capitalised words and then called me a liar. When I simply posted the truth.

Now that truth is in the public domain you don't even have the decency to apologise. I think that says an awful lot. I will leave it there.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:11 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

...EDIT.
Colour me shocked.
You quoted my post with a string of abusive capitalised words and then called me a liar. When I simply posted the truth.

Now that truth is in the public domain you don't even have the decency to apologise. I think that says an awful lot. I will leave it there.
You can leave it where you want. I didn't call you a liar, I expressed my frustration at yet another delay being blamed on yet more bullshit. Sharon Brittan is one member of a consortium. The delay at the time was because the major creditor had pulled out and sufficient funding wasn't in place to support it going forward. Once more you show yourself up.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:31 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:20 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:11 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

...EDIT.
Colour me shocked.

You can leave it where you want. I didn't call you a liar, I expressed my frustration at yet another delay being blamed on yet more bullshit. Sharon Brittan is one member of a consortium. The delay at the time was because the major creditor had pulled out and sufficient funding wasn't in place to support it going forward. Once more you show yourself up.
SB is the lead person in FV and she lost her sister. Suddenly and unexpectedly. I'd really hope you'd show more class than continuing to make up utter rubbish. But clearly not.

Which "major creditor" (I assume you mean investor) pulled out in June?