Time to field the club Priest: A Vs Gillingham 31:08:19 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Time to field the club Priest: A Vs Gillingham 31:08:19 3pm

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:50 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:45 pm
We're being absolutely bullied by every team we play. We really need to turn it round before real despondency sets in. This isn't even competing never mind winning. Come on new owners, set to work on your new shop and have a fire sale and re-stock. (not in any way blaming the kids, not their fault )....
Despondency isn’t close to setting in TD. We’re Bolton wanderers, we are still alive and we are on our way back.
I'm talking about despondency in the team, not the supporters. Our season so far must be close to a record of negativity. Nobody wants that. No need to bang the rally drum, I had lessons from Gene Krupa....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:25 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:23 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:50 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:45 pm
We're being absolutely bullied by every team we play. We really need to turn it round before real despondency sets in. This isn't even competing never mind winning. Come on new owners, set to work on your new shop and have a fire sale and re-stock. (not in any way blaming the kids, not their fault )....
Despondency isn’t close to setting in TD. We’re Bolton wanderers, we are still alive and we are on our way back.
I'm talking about despondency in the team, not the supporters. Our season so far must be close to a record of negativity. Nobody wants that. No need to bang the rally drum, I had lessons from Gene Krupa....
I had to look him up..You really are ancient. :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:30 pm

Me now we have that bury cancellation we need to use the next couple of weeks to bed in a load of new players. The majority of this XI can’t continue to start...and I think I include Murphy in that...how disappointing.

Still
We are still here! Chin up - if it takes this season to go down and rebuild so be it. We are Bolton Wanderers, we’re on our way back.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:32 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:19 pm
CrazyHorse wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:35 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:29 pm
4-0 already and I feel like crying. Gillingham......F.F.S Gillingham. Lord...I don't need a Mercedes Benz, just a team to support. Sick....Not even a radio commentary to shout at....
You can listen on your telly Tango. BBC Manc are on Freeview channel 719 covering our game

I wouldn't bother though.
Does BBC Manc exist on Sky? What channel? (too late today obviously, but for the future...)
Dunno. And dunno.

You're welcome. :D
Businesswoman of the year.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:34 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:32 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:19 pm
CrazyHorse wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:35 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:29 pm
4-0 already and I feel like crying. Gillingham......F.F.S Gillingham. Lord...I don't need a Mercedes Benz, just a team to support. Sick....Not even a radio commentary to shout at....
You can listen on your telly Tango. BBC Manc are on Freeview channel 719 covering our game

I wouldn't bother though.
Does BBC Manc exist on Sky? What channel? (too late today obviously, but for the future...)
Dunno. And dunno.

You're welcome. :D
If I had a vagina emoji now would be the perfect time to utilise it.... :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:59 pm

Not good. Not good at all. Very deep - astonishingly, at half-time someone blamed Parky for this - and just so, so easily bullied off the ball. I’m glad these lads had their chance and they will always be heroes, but we need help. They’ll get a farewell at home in the Trophy, because we won’t get many in before then and you have to keep a lot of the same players in anyway for that comp. But as noted, with the cancellation of El Brassico we basically have a fortnight to rebuild. We really need it.

At the end, slowly walking in front of another packed away end and applauding seemingly every supporter, Eddie Brown began to cry. He has run his heart out for the club. He has hardly ever looked like scoring. He has looked like what he is, which is a promising talent wildly over-promoted in a time of desperate measures. Maybe he was crying because he was exhausted. Maybe because he knows his time is over, either for now or forever. Maybe he’s just a really passionate Bolton fan, at the club since before puberty, hurting badly. He cannot be blamed, and nobody has blamed him. He deserves love, time, development and thanks. Maybe he’ll be back. But for now, Bolton Wanderers need something other than these heroic, honest, honourable, brilliant young men. Thank you and goodnight, sweet princes.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:31 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:59 pm
Not good. Not good at all. Very deep - astonishingly, at half-time someone blamed Parky for this - and just so, so easily bullied off the ball. I’m glad these lads had their chance and they will always be heroes, but we need help. They’ll get a farewell at home in the Trophy, because we won’t get many in before then and you have to keep a lot of the same players in anyway for that comp. But as noted, with the cancellation of El Brassico we basically have a fortnight to rebuild. We really need it.

At the end, slowly walking in front of another packed away end and applauding seemingly every supporter, Eddie Brown began to cry. He has run his heart out for the club. He has hardly ever looked like scoring. He has looked like what he is, which is a promising talent wildly over-promoted in a time of desperate measures. Maybe he was crying because he was exhausted. Maybe because he knows his time is over, either for now or forever. Maybe he’s just a really passionate Bolton fan, at the club since before puberty, hurting badly. He cannot be blamed, and nobody has blamed him. He deserves love, time, development and thanks. Maybe he’ll be back. But for now, Bolton Wanderers need something other than these heroic, honest, honourable, brilliant young men. Thank you and goodnight, sweet princes.
Indeed. Though I rather think Monday might be quite busy. And a fair few might get some time on Tuesday. Not all obviously.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:27 am

It's been heartwarming to see the kids step up in the club's time of need. Something inspiring about it; the love of the game. Not just a bunch of mercenaries. Results be damned, they're doing what they can.

Hope they get more chances this season.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:26 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:37 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:30 pm
Certainly dispels all the myths last season that the kids were being held back by Parky and we’d have done better with them. They are miles off in reality. About building a team for league two next season. Beyond Politic, Darcy and Zouma as squad players the rest need a few years in the oven.Edwards might be good enough once he recovers.
Send for Kev Nolan, like NOW! Every team in this league are going to be chalking a mental three points against "Bolton Wanderers nil!" before they even play us. Today's Sun had a big article about our demise ever since we built the Reebok. Made sad, but true reading.
I mean, there have been some *pretty* good days since then!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:40 pm

Just to respond to BWFCi (tried twice and lost both drafts)

“Indeed. Though I rather think Monday might be quite busy. And a fair few might get some time on Tuesday. Not all obviously.”

Wouldn’t even be surprised if one or two are announced today *if* Hill fancies any of those who’ve been on standby like Gaz O’Neil or Ben Pringle.

Remember Monday’s deadline doesn’t affect free agents so the rush is to loan in decent players.

Remember also that the FL Trophy rules prohibit major line-up changes - summat like five from the previous match or a majority of recent matches, couldn’t find the rule.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:25 pm

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:40 pm

Remember also that the FL Trophy rules prohibit major line-up changes - summat like five from the previous match or a majority of recent matches, couldn’t find the rule.
We should tell the EFL that we'll play who we bloody want and they should be grateful we're not postponing it!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:02 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:25 pm

We should tell the EFL that we'll play who we bloody want and they should be grateful we're not postponing it!
Be a good pre season friendly for all our signings.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:04 pm

Doesn't this, in our case, fly in the face of their very own youngster welfare policy?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:31 pm

They don't make sense.

There was a team in the last few years who played their own kids, got through to maybe the QFs despite being fined at pretty much every stage.

Meanwhile Norwich had a hattrick from a 28 year old French reserve, playing for their U23s.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:07 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:31 pm
They don't make sense.

There was a team in the last few years who played their own kids, got through to maybe the QFs despite being fined at pretty much every stage.

Meanwhile Norwich had a hattrick from a 28 year old French reserve, playing for their U23s.
As I recall, when Ian Holloway was at Blackpool he got fecked over for picking a completely different 11 for a cup game. He, quite rightly in my opinion, pointed out that at the start of the season he'd submitted his first team squad of 25 players, as requested, and it was solely at his discretion as to what players played in which games.
May the bridges I burn light your way

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:07 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:31 pm
They don't make sense.

As I recall, when Ian Holloway was at Blackpool he got fecked over for picking a completely different 11 for a cup game. He, quite rightly in my opinion, pointed out that at the start of the season he'd submitted his first team squad of 25 players, as requested, and it was solely at his discretion as to what players played in which games.

I don't know if Holloway did it as well but I do know that Mick McCarthy dropped ten players from his previous starting line-up for a match against United.

He was asked to explain himself by the powers that be.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:08 pm

That was at Wolves and McCarthy had more or less broadcast that he was throwing the game by resting his players for a more winnable one. Small sigh of pleasure that we are now well past the era of Old Trafford being regarded as an impregnable fortress.

Pru, I think the U23 teams are allowed two overage outfielders. Obviously pretty embarrassing when those outliers win the match.

Bruce: I agree that in our case it would be youth welfare vs anti-rotation legislation. Thing is, the former is the FA’s rule, the latter the EFL’s. it’s an EFL competition but all of those are technically under FA jurisdiction. So that’s nice.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:08 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:26 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Send for Kev Nolan, like NOW! Every team in this league are going to be chalking a mental three points against "Bolton Wanderers nil!" before they even play us. Today's Sun had a big article about our demise ever since we built the Reebok. Made sad, but true reading.
Oh aye, pretty good days indeed,granted; but I'm not talking all our yesterdays or denying Burnden was falling apart at the seams when we moved. Nevertheless, overall we started good back then and last week almost got expelled from the league penniless, deep in debt,players on strike and fielding a team of willing kids. . That was the point Paul Fletcher (a very good friend of my brother) was making; the decline since. The supremos dashed in and started building Rome in Horwich. There's no point in me repeating the article, you can read that, I'm merely passing it on.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:54 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:08 pm
Prufrock wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Oh aye, pretty good days indeed,granted; but I'm not talking all our yesterdays or denying Burnden was falling apart at the seams when we moved. Nevertheless, overall we started good back then and last week almost got expelled from the league penniless, deep in debt,players on strike and fielding a team of willing kids. . That was the point Paul Fletcher (a very good friend of my brother) was making; the decline since. The supremos dashed in and started building Rome in Horwich. There's no point in me repeating the article, you can read that, I'm merely passing it on.
Dya have a link for the article at all TD?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:28 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:54 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:08 pm
Prufrock wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Dya have a link for the article at all TD?
Yes:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9230277/ ... rn-europe/