creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:50 pm

Not doing my innards a lot of good right now, although Broad has Warner for another duck. Normally, 301 isn't a ridiculously bad innings except when chasing 500, but Stokes fell too soon and we sort of folded somewhat. Should we pray for rain or ...FIGHT!.... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:37 pm

One thing worse than seeing us get dicked by the Aussies, is watching them ride their luck whilst doing it!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:37 pm
One thing worse than seeing us get dicked by the Aussies, is watching them ride their luck whilst doing it!
Aye. It’s not like we did in that frantic finish at Headingley. 😉

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:54 pm

Yes. :D

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:11 pm

That wanker Smith could only manage 82!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:25 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:11 pm
That wanker Smith could only manage 82!
:D It comes to summat when we're delighted to see him 'only' reach 82.

Just hope that we can block out this last half hour now without loss. Not entirely confident though.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:52 pm

jimbo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:01 pm
jimbo wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:11 am
Fun fact update: we’re now 13 opening partnerships into this series and the highest remains 22. Not a good time to be an opener.
Make that 14.

Truly a dreadful series to be an opener. Does my original flippant idea of opening with a stoic tail ender carry any more weight now?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:58 pm

jimbo wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:52 pm
jimbo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:01 pm
jimbo wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:11 am
Fun fact update: we’re now 13 opening partnerships into this series and the highest remains 22. Not a good time to be an opener.
Make that 14.

Truly a dreadful series to be an opener. Does my original flippant idea of opening with a stoic tail ender carry any more weight now?
And the lowest is now nowt.

I think you're idea holds water, Jimbo. How's sticking your opening batsmen in in fading light ever a good idea? That said though, I'm not sure that it had much of a hand in either dismissal.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:11 pm

I can stand losing (bitterly, granted, but stand it) but what really pxsses me off is the Guardian commentators constantly bigging up the Oz. Unbiased? Yeah, right. Not sure what's happened to Joe Root; anybody can have an off spell (ask Warner) but Joe was so unflappably reliable and has gone right off the boil. Yes, he got 71 first innings this game, and the Oz bowlers have been right on form, but Joe.....double ducks?

Ah well, never lost till won. FIGHT... :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:21 pm

So, as I understand it, the status quo is that they, the Oz, have to get us out in the day (Sunday) to win the Ashes. A draw means it goes to the last test, a win for them and what happens then is immaterial; they take the urn home to upside down land even if we win the last battle? In short, we have to survive tomorrow and they are going to throw the sink at us and maybe a few boomerangs too. We desperately need a hero.....Arise Sir Ben.... ae:)

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:52 pm

How many consecutive "Harry Maguire" chants have we had from the boorish element now?

Whoever decided the introduction of "party" stands to cricket would be a good idea wants flogging.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:24 pm

We're perhaps in a better position than I thought we'd be at this stage when we were 0-2 late yesterday afternoon, even if the odds are still heavily against us holding out.

If we do manage to get to a position where we're in with a half chance of escaping with a draw though, I hope we have the sense to bring Leach in ahead of Broad.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:57 pm

I'm not a violent man, far from it, so why do I want to kick a certain decidedly pro Ozzie Guardian commentator hard and squarely in the danglers. He is really getting on my wick.." What niggardly Englishman would begrudge Cummins an Ashes win? ..All of us you Aussie buffoon, all of us...! :evil:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:49 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:57 pm
I'm not a violent man, far from it, so why do I want to kick a certain decidedly pro Ozzie Guardian commentator hard and squarely in the danglers. He is really getting on my wick.." What niggardly Englishman would begrudge Cummins an Ashes win? ..All of us you Aussie buffoon, all of us...! :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

taddyontoast
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by taddyontoast » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:24 pm

Arse.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:28 pm

Not lost at the end but when Root and Stokes bombed. We were never going to win but a draw was well attainable. Going off for a sulk now . Even winning the last test (even if we can) will seem a hollow victory. Steve xxxxxxx Smith.... :evil:

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:41 am

We’ve won every game this summer when we’ve been bowled out for under 100, yet failed to win any when we’ve not.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:42 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:28 pm
Not lost at the end but when Root and Stokes bombed. We were never going to win but a draw was well attainable. Going off for a sulk now . Even winning the last test (even if we can) will seem a hollow victory. Steve xxxxxxx Smith.... :evil:
A draw was IMO never attainable. Unless the weather helped. We fought well but were always losing that unless it rained or was very dark.

They had 13/14 overs left.

The reality is that we were beaten by a better side. Their bowlers were more consistent (marginally so in some ways) and their batting propped up by Smith. But then they added Labuschagne - which really sealed our fate - two proper batsmen against none. Our supposed best batter in Root averaged 30 in the series.

The failings in our side need to be addressed. You won't win test matches when your top order are averaging in the teens or at best 30. You need players to average 40 plus. Its not rocket science.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:31 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:42 am

A draw was IMO never attainable. Unless the weather helped.

Our supposed best batter in Root averaged 30 in the series.

The failings in our side need to be addressed. You won't win test matches when your top order are averaging in the teens or at best 30. You need players to average 40 plus. Its not rocket science.
If Root and Stokes had managed to make fifty between them (and the time it took to do it, because let's face it,it wasn't about scoring yesterday) we could probably have held out for the draw well enough.) That isn't rocket science either, especially after losing two wickets so quickly. Let's hope we can salvage a bit of pride by winning the last test.

taddyontoast
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by taddyontoast » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:54 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:42 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:28 pm
A draw was IMO never attainable. Unless the weather helped. We fought well but were always losing that unless it rained or was very dark.

The reality is that we were beaten by a better side. Their bowlers were more consistent (marginally so in some ways) and their batting propped up by Smith. But then they added Labuschagne - which really sealed our fate - two proper batsmen against none. Our supposed best batter in Root averaged 30 in the series.

It's not rocket science - it's Geoffrey Boycott! :wink: