New ownership - Football Ventures

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: New ownership - Football Ventures

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:49 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:13 am
Surely the sunnerlan game will have enough interest for upper tiers? May open if enough people buy?

Still no season tickets?
Upper tiers: they've already proved themselves flexible by opening new areas last night. Different for a ticketed game but if sales are high they might open a top tier or two.

STs:
Very soon. We're just waiting on the new owners to sign-off on prices. As soon as they do, we'll get them straight on sale.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:50 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:37 am
Hoboh wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:27 am
Ms Sharon Brittan holds 24 appointments at 24 active companies, has resigned from 6 companies and held 8 appointments at 8 dissolved companies. Their longest current appointment spans 15 years, 3 months and 29 days at CHOICE STORAGE LIMITED

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where SHARON holds a current appointment equals £6.3m, a combined total current assets value of £64.5m with a total current liabilities of £87.3m and a total current net worth of £45.8m. Roles associated with Ms Sharon Brittan within the recorded businesses include: Director, Company Secretary, Llp Designated Member
I wonder if this is where some people are getting the 'net worth' of Brittan from?

Anyway, it is all irrelevant at the moment but anyone who thinks £40 million is going to be pumped into BWFC is living on fantasy Island, unless the club was in the Prem knocking a top four slot there is no way assets or not that kind of money would be recoverable unless the 'Bok was built on top of a gold mine.
I don't think anyone thinks that?

They bought the club with a mixture of funding that seems to have been wrapped up into one £20M loan (it might be two £20M loans but one seems more likely). And have a three year funding plan. They've already said they aren't throwing money at it. But all we want right now is a club that is on a sustainable footing. We can only see what they do. But having SB and MJ gives me a lot more faith than sweaty Ken or Laurence would have!
There are people who think that mate.

Any way it matters not at the moment the club is still around, has a non Parkinson manager and actual players so looking good.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:54 am

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:50 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Ms Sharon Brittan holds 24 appointments at 24 active companies, has resigned from 6 companies and held 8 appointments at 8 dissolved companies. Their longest current appointment spans 15 years, 3 months and 29 days at CHOICE STORAGE LIMITED

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where SHARON holds a current appointment equals £6.3m, a combined total current assets value of £64.5m with a total current liabilities of £87.3m and a total current net worth of £45.8m. Roles associated with Ms Sharon Brittan within the recorded businesses include: Director, Company Secretary, Llp Designated Member
I wonder if this is where some people are getting the 'net worth' of Brittan from?

Anyway, it is all irrelevant at the moment but anyone who thinks £40 million is going to be pumped into BWFC is living on fantasy Island, unless the club was in the Prem knocking a top four slot there is no way assets or not that kind of money would be recoverable unless the 'Bok was built on top of a gold mine.

They bought the club with a mixture of funding that seems to have been wrapped up into one £20M loan (it might be two £20M loans but one seems more likely). And have a three year funding plan. They've already said they aren't throwing money at it. But all we want right now is a club that is on a sustainable footing. We can only see what they do. But having SB and MJ gives me a lot more faith than sweaty Ken or Laurence would have!

Any way it matters not at the moment the club is still around, has a non Parkinson manager and actual players so looking good.
A week ago right now we were hours away from disappearing. So you are correct. In that time the new owners have taken over, appointed a manager, signed 9 players and paid the staff.

Our new CEO was in the building all day on Sunday helping Keith Hill and Dave Flitcroft source players for the Monday.

We know the club has sunk to lows but it genuinely feels to me like the fans are onside, the club is re-born and the rise on the pitch will be slow. BUT over 9000 last night for a cup game that would in other circumstances have got what, 2000 at best. Club is alive and kicking and people are in for the ride.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:05 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:54 am
BUT over 9000 last night for a cup game that would in other circumstances have got what, 2000 at best.
Last time both home games attracted just over 1500. First one was after four straight wins to start the season.

Had we not got taken over, it would've been a three-figure crowd.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:09 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:05 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:54 am
BUT over 9000 last night for a cup game that would in other circumstances have got what, 2000 at best.
Last time both home games attracted just over 1500. First one was after four straight wins to start the season.

Had we not got taken over, it would've been a three-figure crowd.
Indeed. Superb atmosphere too. Kids played above themselves. And clearly some will have impressed new manager. People are just excited for a chance to win some games. Most expect us to go down. But there is a buzz at the club that if we're honest hasn't been here since probably Coyle's early days.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:49 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:50 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

It isn't a question of £40m (or £20m) being "pumped in" as in we are suddenly going to be spending a huge sum on players and buying our way to the Premiership.

Given that the price to purchase the club and hotel out of admin was reported as £17.4m, and last time we were in L1 the club made an operating loss of £13m, even if that loss was halved in each of three years I think you will find close to £40m will be necessary to fund a successful three year funding plan. That isn't necessarily related to these loans we are talking about here as we don't know the details of FV's plan, but just putting the phrase "pumping in £40m" into some perspective.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:12 pm

Full FV investors listed in latest charge document -

Sharon Brittan
Mike James
Jeff Thomas
Keith Morris
Nick Mason
Nick Luckcock
Timothy Murphy

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:53 pm

Digital ticketing announced

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/septem ... n-stadium/
Bolton Wanderers Football Club are pleased to announce the introduction of digital ticketing at the University of Bolton Stadium. In a move designed to deliver an even better experience for Wanderers supporters, the club has worked closely with its ticketing partner, Ticketmaster, to introduce digital ticketing. Season tickets, memberships and individual match tickets can now be purchased and stored digitally on a mobile device via Apple Wallet and Google Pay...

Going digital opens up access to a host of benefits for both the club and its supporters. The introduction of digital tickets will directly improve the supporter experience giving easier access to tickets in a few simple clicks, storing their tickets on their device of choice. With the added flexibility, ease and security that this brings, there's no doubt digital tickets are the future of live football at the University of Bolton Stadium...

The Digital Ticket is sent alongside the existing Print at Home option and will be available when buying tickets online or over the phone.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:12 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:53 pm
Digital ticketing announced

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/septem ... n-stadium/
Bolton Wanderers Football Club are pleased to announce the introduction of digital ticketing at the University of Bolton Stadium. In a move designed to deliver an even better experience for Wanderers supporters, the club has worked closely with its ticketing partner, Ticketmaster, to introduce digital ticketing. Season tickets, memberships and individual match tickets can now be purchased and stored digitally on a mobile device via Apple Wallet and Google Pay...

Going digital opens up access to a host of benefits for both the club and its supporters. The introduction of digital tickets will directly improve the supporter experience giving easier access to tickets in a few simple clicks, storing their tickets on their device of choice. With the added flexibility, ease and security that this brings, there's no doubt digital tickets are the future of live football at the University of Bolton Stadium...

The Digital Ticket is sent alongside the existing Print at Home option and will be available when buying tickets online or over the phone.
All right... all right... but apart from saving the club and a CEO and Daryl Murphy and Liam Bridcutt and paying the staff and players and an electronic tickets system and Keith Hill and David Flitcroft... what have the Football Ventures done for us?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:28 pm

Don't be like that.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:21 pm

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:14 pm

I see we are keeping the top tiers open. Werthers brigade win again.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:40 pm

BREAKING NEWS

ST prices revealed

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/septem ... -campaign/
An adult season ticket in the North Stand will cost just £216 (17 games) in both the lower & upper tiers. That’s just £12.71 per match! Whilst over 65s season tickets in same stand will cost just £157 at just £9.24 per match!

Under 23s & over 75s will pay just £143 throughout all areas of the University of Bolton Stadium for their 17 game season ticket, at an incredible £8.41 per match!

Under 18s season tickets are priced at £57 in all areas, which equates to as little as £3.35 per match! Meanwhile, under 12s are priced at just £42 for the season in all areas. A massive saving of just £2.47 per match!

Bolton Wanderers remain committed to affordable live football for the family; so a family ticket offering of one adult and one under 18, in the designated family area in the North Stand Upper Tier, is just £250. That’s just £14.71 per match!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:12 pm

"a massive saving of just...".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:03 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:12 pm
"a massive saving of just...".
Heh, I noticed that too. Didn’t come out the way they intended.

Seems reasonable to me but I’m interested to hear what potential buyers think.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:10 pm

Sod it. After a season without a season ticket, I've decided that now is the time to get back on board. It might be a struggle, but if we pull off the seemingly impossible and manage to stay up, this will be a much bigger achievement that staying in the Championship 2 seasons ago! HG will be pleased. :mrgreen:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:22 pm

^ now if that mon is prepared to put his hand in his pocket, there's no excuse for the rest of you!

They're set at a very good price and with the new buzz about the place, let's hope we sell at least as many as last year.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:32 pm

Its not about the cost or cost saving for me as for the past few years I've not had a ST and have paid individually match by match as I miss a fair few games with work etc. But similar to BP I've bought one today, I'll still miss 5 or 6 games during the season, but its worth it just to hopefully see some decent high tempo attacking football for the first time in years.

I'll be happy if the players look like they know each other & have trained together instead of playing like a team of complete strangers like they have in the past 2 years, there is a buzz that we haven't had for years so its well worth the cost.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:40 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:22 pm
^ now if that mon is prepared to put his hand in his pocket, there's no excuse for the rest of you!

They're set at a very good price and with the new buzz about the place, let's hope we sell at least as many as last year.
Cheeky feck! :box:

Btw have you found your seats yet? :laugh:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:09 pm

Just bought myself and Dad TKIZ! ST's for the first time in donkey's. ESL around the 240 mark. if anyone fancies coming and saying hello then please do!

COYWM!
Pfffft.