The Dorothy Com Trophy, Rochdale away. Ist Oct. 7-45.. Tues

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: The Dorothy Com Trophy, Rochdale away. Ist Oct. 7-45.. Tues

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:42 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:37 pm
Zouma saved by the offside flag.....phew,,,,I'm convinced the instruction to all is "run at Zouma in the box"!
I'd say the message is run at Hobbs, when his slow arse gets near, pass it round to the exposed players.

Zouma has been really good this game. Almost faultless. Did have my heart in my mouth when he lunged in on the tackle you are on about. It was a clean tackle and there would not have been a penalty.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:43 pm

fecking pennos again
Not looking good for Wembley lads 😕
Was hoping we might get ‘the’ win tonight, need a striker (and a better final ball)
Crawford picked up second half. Full backs decent. Zouma (marshalled by Bridcutt) probably stand out. Shame Lowe couldn’t stamp his authority a bit more...should be a 8/10 player at this level with his calibre.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:49 pm

Beaten, again!

One day...
One day...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:50 pm

We lose 5-3.

Absolutely all over em and we lose. Playing well and losing. Not really a good sign.

Should really say drawing.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:50 pm

Ah well, all too familiar a story, but we're getting better...from the sound of things.... :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:57 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:50 pm
Absolutely all over em and we lose. Playing well and losing. Not really a good sign.
It's not the best, but it's much better than "cowering on the edge of our box and getting beaten", as was the previous two years.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:59 pm

We’re a striker and a bit of nous in the top third of the field off winning. The striker needs to get match fit fukin sharpish. The nous, is hopefully Crawford, Buckley et al but I certainly see sense in that link with Ben Marshall. Politics not a ready starter yet and Verlindens hit and miss

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:15 pm

Sooner we're out of this joke competition the better. It's another night of getting fitness levels up and playing together so some positive news. Now onto that first win in 6 days time
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Branagan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Branagan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:23 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:15 pm
Sooner we're out of this joke competition the better. It's another night of getting fitness levels up and playing together so some positive news. Now onto that first win in 6 days time
100% agree with this sentiment. As for the performance itself. Plenty of nice build up without being able to find the last man or take a decent strike. It'll come. And at least I'm enjoying watching Bolton again.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:25 pm

A fairly sobering result on the face of it. Hopefully it's one of those where the performance deserved better.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:29 pm

DJBlu wrote:
We lose 5-3.

It’s missing goals that is all. Performance is ok. Not say we were all over them. But final ball is not very good. And we are playing sans striker.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:41 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:15 pm
Bollocks
I want Wembley, chanting feck the EFL as we lift their trophy
Next season, maybe

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:40 am

Pleased that Sonny Graham got a chance and Hill spoke warmly about him post match and suggested he would be kept around the first team.

I'm not a great judge but what I've seen of all our youngsters my view is Graham has the best chance of making it as a fully fledged professional football player. Only turned 17 in June. But to me was the standout against Bradford and will get better.

Branagan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Branagan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:08 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:29 pm
DJBlu wrote:
We lose 5-3.

It’s missing goals that is all. Performance is ok. Not say we were all over them. But final ball is not very good. And we are playing sans striker.
We were all over them first half. Don't think Matthews had to make a proper save. Then they came into it second half, or we trailed off again, and then yes all in all you'd have to say 1-1 was fair. But, agreed, the difference was finishing our attacks with goals. Once that happens consistently, and I think it will eventually, we could kill a lot of teams in this league off quite quickly.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:17 am

Branagan wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:08 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:29 pm
DJBlu wrote:
We lose 5-3.

We were all over them first half. Don't think Matthews had to make a proper save. Then they came into it second half, or we trailed off again, and then yes all in all you'd have to say 1-1 was fair. But, agreed, the difference was finishing our attacks with goals. Once that happens consistently, and I think it will eventually, we could kill a lot of teams in this league off quite quickly.
There is a distinction we aren't creating loads of chances and missing them. We are not great at the final ball. So I don't think its a simple fix of a striker and we're sorted - though it clearly helps. At times we're a little one dimensional - we don't really have an option of pace for a ball in behind. Nor do we have a target to hold it up when Murphy isn't playing (or O Grady). I do think we need to mix our play up a bit more - but probably need other options fit and available to do so.

Branagan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Branagan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:24 am

Yes sorry I agree. What I mean by not finishing attacks with goals is - we're not even getting to the shot. We seem to be great at passing it neatly around the box or bursting into crossing positions only for it to come to fizzle out before the killer ball. So yes, it isn't necessarily the strike that's missing it's the actual clear cut chance before it. IMHO anyway.