It's Rochdale....again. Rochdale (H) 19th October 2019 15:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: It's Rochdale....again. Rochdale (H) 19th October 2019 15:00

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:43 pm

They clear, we come back......Chicksesn.....cleared but Zouma manages to reclaim the ball from Wilbrahaim. Free kick us and.....and...O'Grady tries.....Wilbrahaim gives one away. Lowe.....8 mins to go....Zouma goes forth..they clear and...a throw. Come on lads, e have a team now, no excuses....get in there.....Dale sally and score...3-1 and sick as the preverbial. :evil:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Oh, Yoan.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Piss poor

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:46 pm

We are talking ab out losing to ROCHDALE! We really do need to find a way to win games and keep clean sheets. Mic man can laugh. I ain't laughing.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:46 pm

Absolutely dreadful.
Zouma with really good play and then tries to take on too much, gives it away they break and score after a good save be Matthews.
Don't think this team is going to do anything special this season. Reckon we need sort out for next season as this one is a write off.

Playing well in patches isn't going to cut it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Did we deserve to lose this 3-1? At one time we were winning it. Murphy tries, they defend well and Wilbrahaim sounds to actually be the difference? 90 gone now and...we go offside and mic lads chat us out.....no wait, no don't bother....ah well, the revolution isn't ready yet. Rochdae...ffs, :evil:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:53 pm
Did we deserve to lose this 3-1? At one time we were winning it. Murphy tries, they defend well and Wilbrahaim sounds to actually be the difference? 90 gone now and...we go offside and mic lads chat us out.....no wait, no don't bother....ah well, the revolution isn't ready yet. Rochdae...ffs, :evil:
The defending was shocking so yes.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:56 pm

I'm expecting some good quotes tonight.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:58 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:56 pm
I'm expecting some good quotes tonight.
Hope he isn't looking at the score.

Total change in football when we went 1 up. Just like the Rotherham game.

Injuries are obviously affecting the side but we could have been out of sight if we continued as we did when we scored.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:59 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:46 pm
Absolutely dreadful.
Zouma with really good play and then tries to take on too much, gives it away they break and score after a good save be Matthews.
Don't think this team is going to do anything special this season. Reckon we need sort out for next season as this one is a write off.

Playing well in patches isn't going to cut it.
Special? I’d take winning a fecking game! Genuinely forgotten what it’s like!

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:18 pm

Lack of experience at the back really showed. Senior and Zouma spent half the match chasing the same ball and leaving gaping holes behind them. Wilbraham changed the game for them because he was just bigger, stronger and smarter than them

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:23 pm

I'm sorry & I'll probably get hammered on here for this but seriously that wasn't good, I honestly thought that it was poor today even though it was quite even for the first 50-60 mins or so - but you could see it coming, absolutely shocking, naïve defending, how on earth did we go from being one nil up to losing 3 - 1 at home to Rochdale, yes Rochdale, he may talk a good game (Hill) but I'm not seeing any real improvement or progress on the pitch apart from we don't hoof it like we did under Parkinson - we gave the ball away far to much for me, I honestly cant see this Hill possession based footballing philosophy at all.

So for me the honeymoon period is over for Hill for me, he's been given an easy ride due to circumstances but that was poor today, we were absolutely all over the place today after we scored, no real shape or organisation or style of play - I can't wait for Hill's 'Cantona' like post match interview - but surely he cant keep using fitness as an excuse but I suspect he may, he did not have an answer tactically once Wilbraham came on and he changed the game IMO.

Its really depressing losing 3-1 at home to Rochdale, and I honestly don't think that Hill is a talented enough manager to change this anytime soon....quite a few players today were poor.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:31 pm

It is depressing but injuries aren't helping either.
A back four with 2 lads who were at the heart of most of the 5 nil drubbings isn't going to get many clean sheets.
Hobbs v Wilbraham might have helped. Bet they were rubbing their hands when they saw his name missing.

How many players are missing? Alnwick, Hobbs, Wright, Edwards, Brockbank, Bunny, Buckley, Bridcutt, Earl and Hall.

All important players.

It's no shock that we have got a side similar to the one Hill inherited and it's lost.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:33 pm

Unfortunately, we don't have the squad depth to properly compete on a regular basis. Had we have been able to play our best eleven, I'd have fancied us to have beaten them, and we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that at least four of our best eleven were unavailable today, but the reality is that we won't be in a position to play our best eleven often enough. If it wasn't already, the size of the task ahead just became apparent. It's going to be a long, old season.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:42 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:31 pm
A back four with 2 lads who were at the heart of most of the 5 nil drubbings isn't going to get many clean sheets.
Hobbs v Wilbraham might have helped. Bet they were rubbing their hands when they saw his name missing.

How many players are missing? Alnwick, Hobbs, Wright, Edwards, Brockbank, Bunny, Buckley, Bridcutt, Earl and Hall.

All important players.

It's no shock that we have got a side similar to the one Hill inherited and it's lost.
MYbe they want to spend some money on some proper medical staff?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:49 pm

Sad to lose that but more worried that I heard my first boo of the season at the end and some folk are losing faith in Hill already.

We're a work in progress with several injuries but the football is way more enjoyable imo. Keep the faith
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:51 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:42 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:31 pm

All important players.

MYbe they want to spend some money on some proper medical staff?
Maybe, don't know if that would have helped with a few of em.

These injuries just seem more likely here at Bolton, it's like we're a soap opera that is never going to end it's story line.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:57 pm

We need to go through the middle sometime. Just knocking it wide straight away all the time isn't working

I've said it before and I'm gonna keep saying it: A good CAM has to be a priority

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:58 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:33 pm
Unfortunately, we don't have the squad depth to properly compete on a regular basis. Had we have been able to play our best eleven, I'd have fancied us to have beaten them, and we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that at least four of our best eleven were unavailable today, but the reality is that we won't be in a position to play our best eleven often enough. If it wasn't already, the size of the task ahead just became apparent. It's going to be a long, old season.
Yes I understand this, but Hill keeps coming out saying that he has a system & style of play that the players need to adapt to & buy in to, but I honestly cant see it, he keeps saying that he can improve the young players but I cant see this either.

We had D Murphy, Dodoo, Verlinden, Crawford, Lowe etc. who I'm sure Rochdale would love to have in their team - but they still ran rings round us in the last 30 mins, and I actually thought looked dangerous throughout. We have a crowd who yet again turned up in numbers, that crowd today was exceptional bearing in mind that we are bottom of League 1 on -8 points (20 adrift of 4th bottom) - they deserve better than what was on show today, it was Rochdale FFS....like I said he's had an easy ride to date, but Hill now needs to show us some improvement / progress quickly and I didn't see anything like that today.

I really don't want to say this but I do think that he's full of himself & thinks that he's better than he is (Hill), as we all know talk is cheap, this can't continue he needs a win very soon.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:00 pm

F*ck me. Some of our fans really are entitled, know-nowt tossers, aren't they?