Parkinson Leaves

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Parkinson Leaves

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:03 pm

Keith’s post match interview tonight ‘running out of...staff’

So I take it they have gone?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:32 pm

"Bolton Wanderers wishes to confirm that Strength and Conditioning coach Nick Allamby has joined Sunderland, where he will team up with former Wanderers management duo Phil Parkinson and Steve Parkin, following just over three years’ service at the University of Bolton Stadium."

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/novemb ... underland/

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:37 pm

and in case you missed it, last Saturday:
"Bolton Wanderers can confirm that goalkeeping coach Lee Butler has joined Sunderland, linking up with former Wanderers management duo Phil Parkinson and Steve Parkin, after over three years at the University of Bolton Stadium."

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/novemb ... ee-butler/
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:37 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:32 pm
"Bolton Wanderers wishes to confirm that Strength and Conditioning coach Nick Allamby has joined Sunderland, where he will team up with former Wanderers management duo Phil Parkinson and Steve Parkin, following just over three years’ service at the University of Bolton Stadium."

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/novemb ... underland/
Good it means that Hill can bring in his own men now.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:43 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:37 pm
Good it means that Hill can bring in his own men now.
Obviously Butler needs replacing as GK coach (even if his exit escaped my notice), but it'll be interesting to see if Allamby is replaced - Hill's attitude towards sports science doesn't seem to be as bought-in as Parkinson, who didn'y seem to wnt to bring a player into the first XI until his bio-data was adequate. Can't imagine him taking risks like Hill did with Jake Wright (one training session) last week. It worked then, and I hope it continues to, but while we may have to balance staffing needs as we slip down divisions, I hope we don't lurch backwards.

Might be more to leave yet, too, from the youth set-up. That might, in the end, be a more telling sign of Hill and Flicker's long-term plan.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Obviously I don't know what goes on behind the scenes & I could be completely wrong, but from a fan's view I honestly can't think of anything significant that either Butler or Allamby improved - our keepers didn't become world beaters under Butler & I can't think of any game that I thought that our players were any fitter or stronger than the opposition, if anything the majority of the time over the past few years we didn't look fit enough IMO, so I'm not sure exactly what Allamby improved in regards to fitness & conditioning.

As I said it now means that Hill can replace them with people who he wants to work with, I doubt that either Butler or Allamby will be missed.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:09 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:54 pm
Obviously I don't know what goes on behind the scenes & I could be completely wrong, but from a fan's view I honestly can't think of anything significant that either Butler or Allamby improved - our keepers didn't become world beaters under Butler & I can't think of any game that I thought that our players were any fitter or stronger than the opposition, if anything the majority of the time over the past few years we didn't look fit enough IMO, so I'm not sure exactly what Allamby improved in regards to fitness & conditioning.

As I said it now means that Hill can replace them with people who he wants to work with, I doubt that either Butler or Allamby will be missed.
No idea on Butler and I suspect keeping coaches are easy to find. Allamby hugely well thought of within the game though and is a blow to lose him. Was always happening though.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:09 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:54 pm

No idea on Butler and I suspect keeping coaches are easy to find. Allamby hugely well thought of within the game though and is a blow to lose him. Was always happening though.
A blow to lose Allamby - why's that then ?, with you being a PP fanatic you must think that under Parkinson the team were fitter, quicker, stronger than our opponents due to Allamby - I suspect the majority of Bolton fans thought the opposite that we were slower, weaker & less fit than most of our opponents under PP & Allamby - therefore I'd love to hear what you think it was that Allamby improved and why it will be a blow.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:35 pm

Extract from the Sunderland Echo - PP on Allamby
Parkinson wants to build an energetic Sunderland side during his tenure at the club and believes this will be a vital appointment in realising that vision.

“These day it’s such an important part [sport science] of the modern day game,” he said.

“We want to create an athletic team that can press and Nick will help us do that.”

An athletic team that can press, how come he never got Bolton doing that ?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:14 pm

Two and a half weeks ago, Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:34 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:02 pm
As luck would have it Parky thinks Dr Death aka Nick Allamby would be a good appointment 😂
Aye, seems Hill told Iles that he expects approaches for Allamby and GK coach Lee Butler. If they go, they go.
Rare are the specific coaches at this level that make a vast difference. Butler seemed jovial and well-liked around the club but I doubt it'll become a morgue without him.

I don't mind Allamby going either, while I don't wish him any ill. I suspect at times Parkinson was a little too hamstrung by fitness data; I suspect at times Hill may go the other way and play a little fast and loose with it. One man's overcautiousness doesn't make another's recklessness right, so I hope Hilly stays within the lines. Whatever works, as long as the team wins and the players aren't crucified.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:09 pm

What? Have you seen our recent injury lists?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:12 pm

Just been having a mooch on a Mackems forum. They're not happy.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/p ... n.1494549/
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:29 pm

There is an 'Undr The Cosh' podcast doing the rounds with Aaron Wilbraham, and Wilbraham isn't impressed with Parkinson as a manager at all, he says that he (Parkinson) was very distant, aloof & not close to the players at all.

Its quite long-winded but if you fast forward to the Bolton bits its quite good.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:20 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:29 pm
There is an 'Undr The Cosh' podcast doing the rounds with Aaron Wilbraham, and Wilbraham isn't impressed with Parkinson as a manager at all, he says that he (Parkinson) was very distant, aloof & not close to the players at all.

Its quite long-winded but if you fast forward to the Bolton bits its quite good.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:02 pm

Pretty good it is. Had to search to find the Bolton piece.. its at the 2 hr 11 mins point in the Video. Very enlightening.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:07 pm

0 shots on target in their FA Cup knock out. And they only conceded one. The magic is starting to work.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:51 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:02 pm
Pretty good it is. Had to search to find the Bolton piece.. its at the 2 hr 11 mins point in the Video. Very enlightening.
TWO HOURS ELEVEN MINUTES?!!!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:34 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:51 pm
irie Cee Bee wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:02 pm
TWO HOURS ELEVEN MINUTES?!!!
It's a really good listen.

Some insights into some really interesting managers. Many Bolton ones. Megson, Freedman, Hill and Parkinson.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:38 am

Can see it now - 8-0 win for Parky on Boxing Day to save his job!