Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:49 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:10 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:42 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:28 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:11 pm
Good to see Holding back again last night with a goal and the captains armband for a bit no less. He was playing really well for us before he was injured and he should easily now command a place every week owing to the fact his ‘competition’ is so crap that there were calls from fans for a statue of Martinez outside the ground for managing to keep a clean sheet with Luiz and Mustafi in front of him last night.😂😩 but what I’d like further opinions on is whether he would be a good choice as first team captain? Currently it’s been mostly Xhaka who’s not been brilliant but we don’t have loads of choice... I know he was very young when he left Bolton but do you think he is captaincy material?
I do find all this talk of Holding in glowing terms to be mildly amusing. Your poster boy, Piers Morgan, was on the wireless earlier saying how the return of Holding will help sure up your defence. Only, it's not that long ago that you lot were using the signing of Holding from us as a further stick to beat Wenger with. ;)
Have you seen our defence lately? Get your boots and get down The Emirates and you'll get a game at centre back Bruce! It's not that Holding is amazing, just in comparison to the rest...

And please, Piers Morgan, poster boy?! The most embarrassing fan our club has! :oops:
To be honest, with all that's been going on at our place I've seen precious little other footie, but I hear that you're not currently great at the back. I'm sure you haven't seen anything like the best of Holding yet, my concern is though if he starts getting dragged out of position to cover the shortcomings of others.

Apols for the Morgan remark ;) He didn't do the credibility of your club any favours this morning, but then who'd expect anything else?!
We’ve got Tierney and Bellerin back now too so hopefully that won’t happen.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:17 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:49 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Good to see Holding back again last night with a goal and the captains armband for a bit no less. He was playing really well for us before he was injured and he should easily now command a place every week owing to the fact his ‘competition’ is so crap that there were calls from fans for a statue of Martinez outside the ground for managing to keep a clean sheet with Luiz and Mustafi in front of him last night.😂😩 but what I’d like further opinions on is whether he would be a good choice as first team captain? Currently it’s been mostly Xhaka who’s not been brilliant but we don’t have loads of choice... I know he was very young when he left Bolton but do you think he is captaincy material?
I do find all this talk of Holding in glowing terms to be mildly amusing. Your poster boy, Piers Morgan, was on the wireless earlier saying how the return of Holding will help sure up your defence. Only, it's not that long ago that you lot were using the signing of Holding from us as a further stick to beat Wenger with. ;)
Have you seen our defence lately? Get your boots and get down The Emirates and you'll get a game at centre back Bruce! It's not that Holding is amazing, just in comparison to the rest...

And please, Piers Morgan, poster boy?! The most embarrassing fan our club has! :oops:
To be honest, with all that's been going on at our place I've seen precious little other footie, but I hear that you're not currently great at the back. I'm sure you haven't seen anything like the best of Holding yet, my concern is though if he starts getting dragged out of position to cover the shortcomings of others.

Apols for the Morgan remark ;) He didn't do the credibility of your club any favours this morning, but then who'd expect anything else?!

Who else would you have alongside those 3? One of Mustafi, Luiz or Sokratis, all of whom seem to have a mistake/red card in them or do you have someone else to slot in? Will Holding even be first choice?

Shocked by the Xhaka decision. He’s hardly a leader of men and another with a red card never too far away!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:42 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:17 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:49 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Who else would you have alongside those 3? One of Mustafi, Luiz or Sokratis, all of whom seem to have a mistake/red card in them or do you have someone else to slot in? Will Holding even be first choice?

Shocked by the Xhaka decision. He’s hardly a leader of men and another with a red card never too far away!
Sokratis is the lesser of 3 evils! Yes, Holding will be.

Aye, Xhaka is a bit of a liability that way but then so was Patrick Vieria who also played in a similar position. The similarities end there though!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:42 am

Introducing Burnden Paddock to the ‘delights’ of Europa league football tonight. He will come back from London a changed man...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:06 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:42 am
Introducing Burnden Paddock to the ‘delights’ of Europa league football tonight. He will come back from London a changed man...
I think you'll find we've experienced those delights. Just ask Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid :wink:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:10 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:06 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
I think you'll find we've experienced those delights. Just ask Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid :wink:
Not to mention Vitoria Guimaraes who coincidentally, are tonight’s opposition!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
If by changed, you mean thoroughly refreshed after 90 mins kip at the library, then yes, I will be a changed man. 😉

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:19 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:06 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
And Locomotiv Plovdiv and Red Star Belgrade, Beşiktaş, :wink: Zenit St. Petersburg, Guimaraes , Sevilla, Marseille, Republic of Macedonia FK Rabotnički, Braga, Bayern Munich
Aris Thessalonika. Crvena Zvezda, Sporting Lisbon.....cough, cough,
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:05 pm

Well that was traumatic. Let the twins stay up to watch. They’ve probably gone to bed to have nightmares now. Only Arsenal could manage to score 5 at Anfield and lose 🙄😤😭

Goodness knows what Emery is playing at with Özil. The one bright spot is Martinelli. Watch this space. The boys gonna be very good...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:20 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:05 pm
Well that was traumatic. Let the twins stay up to watch. They’ve probably gone to bed to have nightmares now. Only Arsenal could manage to score 5 at Anfield and lose 🙄😤😭

Goodness knows what Emery is playing at with Özil. The one bright spot is Martinelli. Watch this space. The boys gonna be very good...
Did they have a massive strop though? PJ's off in a heap etc. Theses footballers are role models and example-setters to the young, we're told. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:31 am

Wenger has joined FIFA as head of global football development. Good. Would have been too weird seeing him at another club. If he wants to take Unai Emery as his right hand man I’d be open to that though...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:29 am

Emery sacked. GG will be a happier Gooner this morning!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50532493

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:47 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:29 am

Time for big Sam!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:37 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:

By the way, how few were there, last night?

I only saw a glimpse, but it looks a big old drum when there's not many in it :shock:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:37 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:

I only saw a glimpse, but it looks a big old drum when there's not many in it :shock:
No Frankfurt fans allowed and Arsenal only sold tickets to silver members so red members couldn’t buy tickets. That, combined with the fact it was Europa, on tv and our shocking form meant a record low crowd I think. I did debate going but very glad I didn’t. Going to Freddie’s first home game in charge next week instead :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:52 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:02 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

No Frankfurt fans allowed and Arsenal only sold tickets to silver members so red members couldn’t buy tickets. That, combined with the fact it was Europa, on tv and our shocking form meant a record low crowd I think. I did debate going but very glad I didn’t. Going to Freddie’s first home game in charge next week instead :D
That'd contrive to do it then. You're getting David Moyes btw. ;)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:52 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Behave! :shock:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:30 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:41 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Nah. Word on the street is that it’s Big Sam! He’ll revolutionise your style of play! 😉

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:56 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

:lol:

Serious question - How do you think it'd go down amongst Gooners if you landed Nuno Whatsito from Wolves?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:56 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

:lol:

Serious question - How do you think it'd go down amongst Gooners if you landed Nuno Whatsito from Wolves?
I think it ŵould be far less controversial then if Pochettino got it! He's done well with wolves, Brendan Rogers a possibility too? The thing is, it's not just Emery's fault, we just aren't good enough (attack aside). Our defence and midfield are not in the same class as most of our rivals. If Bellerin, Holding and Tierney could all get a run of games together in defence then that would help, but I was talking to a Liverpool fan friend yesterday and he said the only player that would probably make it into their team would be Aubameyang, and he's right. You can't just blame the coach and expect a new manager to work miracles... :?