Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:03 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:18 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:14 am
Prufrock wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:37 pm
Not for the first time you've written "lawyers" when you mean "politicians".

It's a massive shame that almost no-one in this country understands how our constitution works or how the legal system works.

Successive govts of both (or all three) stripes have taken advantage of being able to sound tough on crime by having long-sounding sentences (boo at crime) whilst letting everyone out at halfway (yay cheap). It isn't the fault of lawyers of judges. Sentencing is basically following a flow chart to come out with a particular answer. Judges and lawyers don't decide what that answer is.
It is not politicians playing the system to earn money from public funds who are defending rights of convicted, note convicted criminals mate and you know it.

As for sentences the US way of life plus 50 years or whatever seems far more appropriate for those who will never change assuming you don't approve of a bullet to the head.
No. There's almost no legal aid for criminal appeals (i.e defending convicted criminals) for a start, so public funds have nothing to do with it. And people aren't "playing the system". They're defending their clients.

I'd think someone so nervous about any woman ever accusing men of sexual assaults for no reason would appreciate a robust criminal defence system.
There is absolutely nothing robust about our legal or justice system, full stop.

As for the other thing, nervous? No merely pointing out the total stupidity some people, more young female non entities
Seem to revel in.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:34 am

Its probably worth looking up what Jack and Saskia were doing. And the comments from Jack's father subsequently.

Just saying. Unless of course people aren't interested in those who died and just want to use it to jump on the bandwagon.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:14 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:34 am
Its probably worth looking up what Jack and Saskia were doing. And the comments from Jack's father subsequently.

Just saying. Unless of course people aren't interested in those who died and just want to use it to jump on the bandwagon.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and very sad for those who died, you take risks then that's your choice but it becomes more when people who wouldn't take those risks could have potentially died because of you taking a chance on rehabilitating such people. This is the problem with people and their conscious being inflicted upon others in much the same way other issues have a habit of being inflicted on those that neither want nor can cope with them because of someone's bleeding heart.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:31 am

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:14 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:34 am

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and very sad for those who died, you take risks then that's your choice but it becomes more when people who wouldn't take those risks could have potentially died because of you taking a chance on rehabilitating such people. This is the problem with people and their conscious being inflicted upon others in much the same way other issues have a habit of being inflicted on those that neither want nor can cope with them because of someone's bleeding heart.
But that's a bit like saying if a non-driver is run over and killed - that drivers are inflicting their conscience on non drivers? Or dog owners whose dog's attack someone.

Its a fact that we need these rehab programs because we cannot afford to not have them. And I don't want to get into the rights and wrongs of their or anyone else's views. Merely that I think if you want to mourn their deaths then I think you have to respect their view and those of their families....otherwise its a bit crass.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:06 pm

Not so simple as needing rehab though is it? Someone who is plotting cooly and
seriously to cause mass murder is way past any form of rehab and No you can feel sympathy, regret along with anger at their death, despite their views, without being crass.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:46 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:06 pm
Not so simple as needing rehab though is it? Someone who is plotting cooly and
seriously to cause mass murder is way past any form of rehab and No you can feel sympathy, regret along with anger at their death, despite their views, without being crass.

I was listening to an expert on the wireless the other day and she said there is not enough evidence to know that rehabilitation works for religious fanatics like those following Islamic State. They just have no idea how to treat them or that they can confident to know any treatment has worked. In other words, saying they are sorry and have renounced IS is not enough for these nutters.

I'm not saying they shouldn't try but who decides when they no longer pose a risk to society when the experts don't know?
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:16 pm

Just watching last night's Dragon's Den. Some c*nt's just given his job title as 'an Imagineer'.

Well done on imagining your shit Christmas tree holder business to be worth £1M and subsequently attracting zero investment.

Back to daydreaming for you, pal.

c*nt! :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:16 pm
Just watching last night's Dragon's Den. Some c*nt's just given his job title as 'an Imagineer'.

Well done on imagining your shit Christmas tree holder business to be worth £1M and subsequently attracting zero investment.

You'll get no sympathy from me. You bring it on yourself.

Bring back Armchair Theartre and Comedy Playhouse, I say.

:wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:15 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:41 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:16 pm

You'll get no sympathy from me. You bring it on yourself.

Bring back Armchair Theartre and Comedy Playhouse, I say.

:wink:
:lol: Absolutely.

There used to be one guy on here who described himself as a 'Creative'. When I was at school, creative was an adjective, not a noun! :)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:16 am

Britons have no right to ask whether a transgender person is male or female, rules employment judge in landmark ruling AGAINST tax expert who was sacked for tweeting 'men cannot become women'
What utter, utter complete bollocks! Some people really do need putting down for the sanity of this world to survive.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:35 pm

A 15-year-old boy who used homophobic gestures to abuse a same-sex couple on a bus has been ordered to attend diversity sessions.

Melania Geymonat and Christine Hannigan were subjected to homophobic slurs and gestures by a group of teenagers while on a date shortly after 2.15am on 30 May.

On the top deck of the N31 bus in north London, three people aged 15, 16 and 17 surrounded the two women and began asking them intrusive questions such as: “How do you have sex?”

Highbury Corner youth court heard the 15-year-old made “degrading gestures” towards the pair.
I'm sure he will be a good little boy after that!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:13 am

Parents and systems that allow 13 year olds to be out at midnight driving stolen cars. Bad enough the risk of danger to life,theirs and others, but they just don't seem to care for any form of law and order at all..Where will it all end?

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/18 ... oses-gate/
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:09 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:13 am
Parents and systems that allow 13 year olds to be out at midnight driving stolen cars. Bad enough the risk of danger to life,theirs and others, but they just don't seem to care for any form of law and order at all..Where will it all end?

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/18 ... oses-gate/
Two 13/14 yr olds stealing bikes near us at 2.00am, same thing, where are the fcuking useless lumps that created them?

Sterilise the barstewards

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:27 am

Oh dear, more cake and eat it!
In Wuhan, some UK citizens complained of what they described as a lack of clarity on the part of the British government, but there was also confusion about what Britain’s departure from the European Union would mean in terms of any partnerships with other EU states.

“People want to know if there is permission from the Chinese government for the flights to leave,” Kathleen Bell told the Guardian.

She had yet to contact a Foreign Office helpline number but added that Britons on social medial had been gathering lists of names themselves in recent days.

“One of the deciding factors for a lot of people though is whether they will be allowed to bring their Chinese spouses or children with them.”

The Twitter account of Britain’s embassy in Beijing, UK in China, has been posting the numbers for a 24-hour helpline that British citizens in Hubei can call.
Now you can say what you want but it was their choice to upsticks and live, marry, sire etc. why should the UK take responsibility for this?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:51 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:27 am
Oh dear, more cake and eat it!
In Wuhan, some UK citizens complained of what they described as a lack of clarity on the part of the British government, but there was also confusion about what Britain’s departure from the European Union would mean in terms of any partnerships with other EU states.

“People want to know if there is permission from the Chinese government for the flights to leave,” Kathleen Bell told the Guardian.

She had yet to contact a Foreign Office helpline number but added that Britons on social medial had been gathering lists of names themselves in recent days.

“One of the deciding factors for a lot of people though is whether they will be allowed to bring their Chinese spouses or children with them.”

The Twitter account of Britain’s embassy in Beijing, UK in China, has been posting the numbers for a 24-hour helpline that British citizens in Hubei can call.
Now you can say what you want but it was their choice to upsticks and live, marry, sire etc. why should the UK take responsibility for this?
Where's anybody asking for the UK to take responsibility for anything, Mr Parochial? :conf:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:15 pm

Thoughtless folk who use Kleenex/ tissue's etc, then just drop them on the floor, a certain virus trap if ever. I have to watch my dog because he knows I'll give him a biscuit to get him to drop them. Some folk just have no sense.

Edit..Add in the unbelievables who started the fires on Winter Hill deliberately last night(Police statement). Something seriously wrong with some heads.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:45 pm

On the day the U.K. records the highest COVID 19 daily death toll in Europe anywhere, on record, we have a press conference where the Health Secretary thinks that the PMs health is the headline. Same with major sections of the press. When Italy had 900 deaths a day we covered it as a disaster. It’s happening in the U.K. now in even greater numbers and our press and government try to pretend it’s not happening. Nurses don’t have PPE and guidelines are changes without any evidence to try and cover up the lack of planning.

It’s ridiculous to the point of scandal. And much of this could have been avoided if we’d spent the first week in March locking down and the weeks before it stocking up our medical supplies.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:09 pm

Fact check:

According to figures released today, there were more deaths in France in the past 24 hours than in the UK.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:13 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:09 pm
Fact check:

According to figures released today, there were more deaths in France in the past 24 hours than in the UK.
Fact check: The French include hospital and care home deaths as a single daily figure. Our deaths only include hospital deaths. Care home deaths come a week later. France had 500 ish hospital deaths today. We had 980.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:25 am

It's not a competition or a reenactment of the hundred years war, guys. It is a huge tragedy the scope of which is unknown. The only reliable figure of the effectiveness of national responses is death per millions of population. The UK at 132 does quite well compared to European neighbors like France (202), Italy (312) and Spain (344). Yet this is a low bar. Countries that acted more quickly had better results including the old dominions like Canada (15), Australia (2) and New Zealand (1). Social distancing and quarantine for everyone except essential workers is the only way to flatten the curve.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.