Kiss me Kate, Part One. Bolton v Shrewsbury. Unibol 3-0 Sunday 29th.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Kiss me Kate, Part One. Bolton v Shrewsbury. Unibol 3-0 Sunday 29th.

Post by DJBlu » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:56 pm

Jason Lowe owes every one of them players a beer tonight.

An disgusting tackle that wasn't necessary.

Great defensive display to earn a very good point.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:58 pm

An injury and a sending off. We play it out with ten men and get a point. Could be a lot worse. Thank you Lord.....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:01 pm

For those wondering why Lowe was sent off...

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:05 pm

Lowe should be fined for that. Stupid, needless tackle. We could well have won it without that.

That said, we should have been out of sight in the 1st half.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:11 pm

Oh and Tibo is a Wanderer.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:17 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:56 pm
Jason Lowe owes every one of them players a beer tonight.

An disgusting tackle that wasn't necessary.

Great defensive display to earn a very good point.

That would be the point I'd have taken beforehand! :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:26 pm

Thought defence played well, especially Chicksen and Matthews with the late saves. Cracking finish from verlinden. Weak in midfield, Murphy was poor and Lowe is a utter bellend for that. Said red card as soon as he did it.
Ref let Shrewsbury get away with a lot of niggling fouling but had an easy decision on the red.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:36 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:26 pm
Thought defence played well, especially Chicksen and Matthews with the late saves. Cracking finish from verlinden. Weak in midfield, Murphy was poor and Lowe is a utter bellend for that. Said red card as soon as he did it.
Ref let Shrewsbury get away with a lot of niggling fouling but had an easy decision on the red.
Agree with that. Lowe had been as poor as Lurphy up to that point. Dodoo had his worst game for me in a Bolton shirt too. I was surprised OGrady didnt replace him much earlier.

Matthew's, back 4 and Darcy all came away with great credit today.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:50 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:36 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:26 pm
Agree with that. Lowe had been as poor as Lurphy up to that point. Dodoo had his worst game for me in a Bolton shirt too. I was surprised OGrady didnt replace him much earlier.

Matthew's, back 4 and Darcy all came away with great credit today.
Darcy looks good, kept running and working and didn't get much from the ref but didn't let it bother him.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:57 pm

Two points dropped on a day MK Dons picked up a win.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:19 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:57 pm
Two points dropped on a day MK Dons picked up a win.
I've given up on staying up DSB, so taking it as an unlikely point gained from a difficult position, and a home defeat avoided after an act of stupid self sabotage. Which is unusual for me as I'm normally a miserable negative wanker!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:32 pm

My first live game of the Hill/Flitcroft era.

First, and predominant thought is that Jason Lowe can f*ck right off, and continue to f*ck off until he is completely f*cked off. Moronic, stupid c*nt. He was aabsolutely woeful up to then anyway and the main plus is that the useless prick now misses 3 games. Shame Bridcutt looked to tweak his thigh as that would be a perfect excuse to restore him into midfield. Lowe was shocking. Professional footballer who looks surprised every time the ball is at his feet and can't wait to straight leg tackle it away.

Murphy was poor as well. Those two a total waste of wages for whatever we are trying to do.

Thought Shrewsbury were impressive, played three at the back but all comfortable on the ball, worked it well and then switched it quickly to create 2v1s that we struggled to work out in the first half, and just didn't work out in the second.

Plenty folk have commented on how bad our set pieces are but it really does need to be seen to be believed. 5 second half corners in a row for them led to 5 chances varying from half to golden.

Standard of refereeing down here is dreadful. Murphy and Verlinden both almost had their shirts removed in the few minutes before their goal and absolutely nothing. No complaints on the Lowe red card but with about 10 to go one of their lads caught Chiksen late high and at pace. Also looked a red to me but the blind c*nt didn't even give a foul.

All that said there were plenty positives. We played really well first half, and should have been out of sight, Murphy missed two glorious headers that you'd expect him to take.

Verlinden won't make it at the top level, just does not have a football brain. At this level he's electric going forward, and worth his place for us, a lovely cross for Murphy in the first half, took his goal well, and caused them problems all game. Oh my word is he shit going the other way though! It isn't a lack of effort or application, he just has absolutely no idea what he's doing, was genuinely funny to watch at times, bless him. He has to play because of what he adds going the other way, but we have to find a way of stopping the left-hand side getting exposed.

Keeping below the Championship is broadly wank so Matthews well worth his place. Doesn't fill you with confidence at times as he's rash and indecisive but his shot-stopping is phenomenl. His double save in the second half was out of this world. Having been a touch wobbly up to then he also came and claimed a few crosses towards the end allowing us to releive the pressure.

Main highlight though was Darcy who was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch, always showing, always looked to use it well, and absolutely ran his nuts off, 100% effort but clever with it too. Shunted wide for the last 10 to help Chiksen he basically corked up what was at the time their main threat. A tiny bit hesitant in the final third at times but that will come. He looks a real prospect and will hopefully now nail down a place.

Key for us I think is going to be keeping enough players fit. Our first 11-14 is good enough to give anyone a game but we're really struggling beyond that. Despite the above looking quite down I thought there were more positives than negatives today, good point in the circumstances.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:48 pm

Staying with the Lowe incident, (and at that at least a dozen playbacks on video as I wasn't there )a couple of points I offer that will get assuredly get shot down quicker than the Red Baron on a 12 year old's X Box, but here goes:

1. Jason Lowe isn't known either as a reckless or dirty player, indeed, just the opposite to my limited knowledge, a fair, respected and liked one who's sportsmanship has been well known for years. In light of that, (and the fact that he's stretched flat-out horizontal at point of contact during his poorly-times slide tackle) might it be fair to assume he reacted quickly to a situation at full stretch rather than an ill-intentioned assault on a fellow player or an uncaring concern for his own team mates? ? The game was crucial to all and players on both sides seemed as hyped up as you would expect under the circumstances. I'm pretty sure Lowe won't attempt to deny the tackle was a cruncher, but his opponent didn't seem to suffer any ill effects other than what would be expected in a James Bond or Jason Bourne clash.

I'm quite happy to be corrected in my assumptions, which are nothing more than that in effect, but...well, sent-off, red-carded and probably games missed, and just thought I'd mention them....er...you know.... :oops:

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:59 pm

Feel sorry for Lowe. I had hoped he'd be first out the door in the summer, but he's been excellent the last 4 or 5 home games that I've seen. He and Lurphy were doing the ugly side of the game very well, so that the front four could run riot in the first half.

NFI what happened in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, but someone needed to stamp their authority for us in the 2nd half. Pity he did it literally, but I can understand his frustration, having dominated that 1st half, to be so crap after the break.
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:20 pm

So Lowe is a bellend and Bridcutt is made of glass - who plays midfield next time out?

Two points dropped thanks to that prick! We need some able fit bodies for that midfield in January.

Why has Politic dissapeared?

And surely we need to tie Darcy down to a pro contract before he gets tapped up a la Luca Connel (how has that one worked out for you son?) in January.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:49 pm

Just looking back at the tackle by Lowe, take a look at Norburn just before Lowe lunges in, he jumps as if he's going to lunge towards the ball. Sadly he backs out and Lowe is not quick enough to change his tackle although he does bend his legs which prevents it being mega nasty.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:28 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:49 pm
Just looking back at the tackle by Lowe, take a look at Norburn just before Lowe lunges in, he jumps as if he's going to lunge towards the ball. Sadly he backs out and Lowe is not quick enough to change his tackle although he does bend his legs which prevents it being mega nasty.
If Lowe hadn't made the tackle folk would be asking why not? He's had no choice, and he slid in at the ball, not dived in studs up. it cost him a red card and probably a ban for doing what he's paid to do. Easy to talk after the event and Norburn went airbourne quicker than Eddie Kidd's stunt bike. Very unfortunate,but that's football. Like I said, Lowe is no cheat or dirty player for me.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:37 pm

Lowe has been good this season, so some of the vitriol is a bit misplaced. Stupid tackle but he’s not got form so perhaps he was due his first red.

It was an entertaining game but they looked fitter and stronger than us whilst we had more pace and guile.

Did well to hang on at the end. But it’s a hopeless cause this season.

I really think Hill needs to be working on a squad for next season, do what we can in January but have bit eyes firmly on May and the start of our glorious return from league two...fingers crossed.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:42 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:28 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:49 pm
If Lowe hadn't made the tackle folk would be asking why not? He's had no choice, and he slid in at the ball, not dived in studs up. it cost him a red card and probably a ban for doing what he's paid to do. Easy to talk after the event and Norburn went airbourne quicker than Eddie Kidd's stunt bike. Very unfortunate,but that's football. Like I said, Lowe is no cheat or dirty player for me.
As soon as he did it everyone around me agreed it was a red Tango. Of course he had to challenge but not like that. He'd also been poor until that point. We were overrun. That's not to say I think he's a thug or a cheat, quite the opposite, but an experienced player messing up like that can expect a bit of flak at the time.
Next game he plays it should be in the past, but initially I'm sure he'd accept the criticism as a decent sensible pro.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:10 am

11v11 I think we go on to win that game, despite them improving after the break. The red card look deserved and it was only a matter of time before one of our players reacted to Shrewsbury's shithousery. They're like a shit version of under Allardyce. In your face, niggly fouls, pulls, shoves, kicks. But they were good at it and they disrupted our rhythm.

In the end, we got away with a point we probably didn't deserve and we have our keeper to thank for that.

Verlinden, we have to try and keep. At home we look a much better side with him in there
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"