creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Enoch » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:21 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:00 pm
Just as I was about to post that de kock was in, out again...

Been in and out and in and out, looks like the game's coming our way.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:48 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:21 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:00 pm
Just as I was about to post that de kock was in, out again...

Been in and out and in and out, looks like the game's coming our way.
Saffers have mystified me today. I mean, they've tried to just bat it out rather than see if they could make us bat again, but then they've suffered from our just get out cheaply syndrome. Maybe they're banking on it pissing down tomorrow...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:50 pm

102-6 at stumps equates to a great day for Joe Root's lads. He played a binder.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:42 am

Brucie will be getting nervous....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:56 am

Good win for the boys. Very comprehensive. Maharaj and Paterson showed there weren't too many demons in the pitch if there was a bit of attacking intent, which makes it all the more mysterious the way the Saffers approached it yesterday (occupy the crease for 2 days) - think they might have been better trying to set us a sneaky 100.

I lost count of the number of catches we put down, which had it still been pi$$ing down today might have cost us, but all in all a very satisfying victory.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:26 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:56 am
Good win for the boys. Very comprehensive. Maharaj and Paterson showed there weren't too many demons in the pitch if there was a bit of attacking intent, which makes it all the more mysterious the way the Saffers approached it yesterday (occupy the crease for 2 days) - think they might have been better trying to set us a sneaky 100.

I lost count of the number of catches we put down, which had it still been pi$$ing down today might have cost us, but all in all a very satisfying victory.
Yep credit where its due - we finally made a score and SA buckled.

Ollie Pope looks the business and IF we can sort out the top 3 - we may actually be onto something. Bowling department looks strong to me - options all round.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:26 am

Ollie Pope looks the business and IF we can sort out the top 3 - we may actually be onto something. Bowling department looks strong to me - options all round.
Half a thousand does strange things to the mind. :-)

Pope's last three innings have been 75, 61* and 135* - hope he continues in that form - seeing him bat at the death the other night when he reverse pulled Rabada (I think it was) in consecutive balls was just like "wow"....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:33 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:26 am

Half a thousand does strange things to the mind. :-)

Pope's last three innings have been 75, 61* and 135* - hope he continues in that form - seeing him bat at the death the other night when he reverse pulled Rabada (I think it was) in consecutive balls was just like "wow"....
Yep - if you've a middle order of Stokes, Pope and Buttler coming in with the ball just a bit older and runs on the board you've gone from "collapse city" to "oh god they'll get 500 in under 2 days" territory.

The success of this side will be largely dominated by the top order - and can they stick around a bit and ensure a decent start. I feel that on a flat pitch they did well - 0 wickets before lunch on the first day etc without ever really shining or any going on to make a big score. But that was a flat pitch against SA - they still couldn't push on. Sibley looks a find for us at least - can be stubborn. Crawley full of talent but looks way off being ready to open for England regularly. And Denly is just Denly looks good - gets out.

Burns comes back in - he and Sibley might work. Perhaps eventually Crawley bats 3?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:02 pm

Yeah good experience for Crawley, play while Burns is out then go away and work on your game and target Denly/Sibley.

Delighted for Pope, been excited for him for a while but injury etc mean it hasn't quite happened for him. Looks the real deal though.

Will have natural ups and downs as people start making plans to get him out bit I give it a year tops before folk want to make him captain.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:07 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:02 pm
Yeah good experience for Crawley, play while Burns is out then go away and work on your game and target Denly/Sibley.

Delighted for Pope, been excited for him for a while but injury etc mean it hasn't quite happened for him. Looks the real deal though.

Will have natural ups and downs as people start making plans to get him out bit I give it a year tops before folk want to make him captain.
The main thing that'll potentially hurt him will be the inevitable clamor to push him up the order to try and plug gaps up there.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:45 pm

Another convincing win by a decent Enland side.

It's a resounding 'well done' from me!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:53 pm

"This is England's highest opening stand when batting first in a Test for 11 years. Crikey."...

Apparently the two openers were 10 and 12 last time we got to 100 without loss in the first innings! :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:29 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:53 pm
"This is England's highest opening stand when batting first in a Test for 11 years. Crikey."...

Apparently the two openers were 10 and 12 last time we got to 100 without loss in the first innings! :-)
Both gone now. Hopefully this might be Denly's innings...maybe...surely one has to be?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Denly out for 27. Just as they revealed inspite of averaging a useless 31 - he also has been dropped statistically more times in his innings than anyone else currently playing.

So his paltry average also includes the highest amount of luck going.

Time to go Denly. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:01 pm
Denly out for 27. Just as they revealed inspite of averaging a useless 31 - he also has been dropped statistically more times in his innings than anyone else currently playing.

I'll leave this one to Enoch! :-)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:47 pm

Oh dear; if Ben Stokes is proven to have a had Cantona moment and say what he did to a spectator, he's in the deep stuff. Provoked, no doubt, but you just can't do that as a preofessional sportsman.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Ever ready to kick the fallen Insaney? If only they were all as perfect as you.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:47 pm
Oh dear; if Ben Stokes is proven to have a had Cantona moment and say what he did to a spectator, he's in the deep stuff. Provoked, no doubt, but you just can't do that as a preofessional sportsman.
Nowhere near the same league as that red bastard, but not good form and probably merits a short ban...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:01 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:55 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:47 pm
Nowhere near the same league as that red bastard, but not good form and probably merits a short ban...

Edit: audible obscenity is up to 50% of match fee and 2 demerit points reported by BBC, but I'd be a bit surprised if that was meant to cover directing "four eyed cnut" at a spectator, rather than something picked up by stump/tv mikes.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:55 am

About time Buttler came to the party. Nothing really dictating how he needs to bat, so he can take his pick.