Sh*t shape and Bristol fashion: Bristol Rovers (H), Tue 28 Jan 2020, 8pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Sh*t shape and Bristol fashion: Bristol Rovers (H), Tue 28 Jan 2020, 8pm

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:55 pm

Fair play to Dazza. Shame that when we finally get a decent goalscorer the rest of the team is rubbish.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:56 pm

Nobody wants the ball from Matthews then when they had men forward. So poor and depressing

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:02 pm

Murphy's goal doesn't so much paper over the cracks as paper over a f*cking canyon. We were a long way off.

But I feel for Buckley on a human level.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:18 pm

I feel for my club. I can’t believe we have another half season of funding Buckley sat on his arse.

If you want to understand how demotivated that team is under this dinosaur just watch that last ten minutes - we should have been bouncing after that scabby equaliser, instead, heads down, nobody show for the ball, created nothing. I cannot fathom how he has gone from having one of the leagues biggest crowds up for the scrap to getting a side so afraid of the football out on that pitch. It’s absolutely shocking man management. He is a disaster.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:25 pm

Our worst home performance by a country mile. We've gone backwards. Very worrying
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:29 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:18 pm
I feel for my club. I can’t believe we have another half season of funding Buckley sat on his arse.

If you want to understand how demotivated that team is under this dinosaur just watch that last ten minutes - we should have been bouncing after that scabby equaliser, instead, heads down, nobody show for the ball, created nothing. I cannot fathom how he has gone from having one of the leagues biggest crowds up for the scrap to getting a side so afraid of the football out on that pitch. It’s absolutely shocking man management. He is a disaster.
Good post & a very good summary of the current dire situation under Keith Hill.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:52 pm

High point of the evening is this hot orange cordial. Absolutely shocking. Sat frozen to the marrow watching two very poor sides play a tedious game out in which both sets of players would string three passes together before needlessly conceding possession.
The referee should never get to oversee a game again, too.
May the bridges I burn light your way

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:40 pm

Daryl Murphy's post-match interview is very honest.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:20 am

I’ll watch it. I’m not going to listen to the ramblings of the madman again that’s for sure. The utter prick. Still can’t get over how bad that was last night, the chaos in defence, the disappearing midfielders and the amount of times we have the ball away or passed it into touch.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:43 am

20 points adrift now
He’s fecking up his free hit. Might crack and start a Keith Hill out thread I think!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:03 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:43 am
20 points adrift now
He’s fecking up his free hit. Might crack and start a Keith Hill out thread I think!
Hard to disagree with that. The bit of his post match comments that I caught referred to the crowds anxiety and frustrations rubbing off on the players. There was some vague reference to us mere plebs not understanding what's going on and not seeing how hard they're working on the training ground. It wasn't quite that bad but that was the gist.

He's been given a difficult rebuilding job for sure but one where he was going to be forgiven for a lot and still have the backing of a large, patient fanbase.

It appears he's fecking it up and things are starting to feel like the Coyle era, where the longer he stays, the worse the players get and the more you realise he hasn't much of a clue.

I really, really hope I'm wrong.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:59 am

If I were Sharon I would be tapping into up and coming lower league managers who won’t be fazed with the pressure of this job, else we are following the route of Stockport, York and Hartlepool.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:44 pm

Brief highlights, such as they are. Our defending for their goal... ouch.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:54 pm

Daryl Murphy in post match interviews comes across with more leadership skills than Hill does. That worries me. Don't think I've ever listened to a player sound calmer, more clear and composed in interviews than the manager.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:54 pm
Daryl Murphy in post match interviews comes across with more leadership skills than Hill does. That worries me. Don't think I've ever listened to a player sound calmer, more clear and composed in interviews than the manager.
Has he done his badges? :grin:

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:09 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:44 pm
Brief highlights, such as they are. Our defending for their goal... ouch.
I knew something had gone horribly wrong at the back when it went in yesterday, just judging by the player's reactions even though it was at the other end of the pitch to me.

Why the bloody hell did Edwards leave it?? First rule of defending is to play it safe and punt it as far away as you can! And if he's had a shout from behind, why wasn't Matthews on hand to scoop it up? He really is earning that "Dracula" nickname...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:28 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:09 pm
I knew something had gone horribly wrong at the back when it went in yesterday, just judging by the player's reactions even though it was at the other end of the pitch to me.

Why the bloody hell did Edwards leave it?? First rule of defending is to play it safe and punt it as far away as you can! And if he's had a shout from behind, why wasn't Matthews on hand to scoop it up? He really is earning that "Dracula" nickname...
It's weird. I can't bear to watch too closely but it looks like Edwards almost trips over his own feet as the ball comes across. What Matthews is doing I don't know, but then I seldom do. Jason Lowe (not a right-back, but by then Emmanuel was off ill) lets his man come across him, and Toto is watching on from behind the play. To complete the defensive set you could also possibly question Brandon Fleming's decision to cut inside as the move develops (which creates acres and ages for the winger to cross), but equally he's just going with the most clear and present danger - it'd be mad had he peeled wide to cover the wing and they'd danced through the inside-right channel.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:39 pm

I've just about thawed out from sitting through that. I can't come to any conclusions as to whether this lot are the worst assembled team I have ever seen represent Bolton Wanderers or not? Our home performances recently doesn't seem that bad, (is there anyone with me on that?) Portsmouth game we had chances but didn't put them away, last nigh we did create a few but scored one. Passing the ball is a major concern, last night, our players passed the ball more to an orange shirt more than our own players, now that does bother.

Considering all the crap this club has gone through I can't help thinking there's more to come. FV don't seem to have funds for a better quality of loan player, either that or they can't attract anyone decent. Whether Hill is the right Manager to assemble a team good enough to get out of the bottom tier only time will tell.

Some of the players we have aren't that bad, again, (is it just me) but some don't do themselves justice. Next term Hill will have to do it all again but will have a lot more time to assemble a squad that should endure a pre season set of games, and be good enough to actually compete, Whether we win more than we lose, again, only time will tell. Scoring goals has been the problem for the past few seasons, hopefully Hill will address this.

We've all written this season off, I did however believe the squad assembled by Hill should have won more than they lost and relegation could have been avoided. Should this happen again next term the fingers will point to Hill. Until then I will give him the benefit of any doubt that my be thrown in his direction.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:01 pm

Sh*t team playing sh*t football up against a Sh*t team playing sh*t football

A night to forget and one that I wasn't going to bother with due to feeling ill. I felt 10 times worse this morning and I want blood!!

Buckley - Not sure if he's so bloody unlucky, or he's just made out of f*ckin poppadoms
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:07 pm

Athertonian wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:39 pm
I've just about thawed out from sitting through that. I can't come to any conclusions as to whether this lot are the worst assembled team I have ever seen represent Bolton Wanderers or not? Our home performances recently doesn't seem that bad, (is there anyone with me on that?) Portsmouth game we had chances but didn't put them away, last nigh we did create a few but scored one. Passing the ball is a major concern, last night, our players passed the ball more to an orange shirt more than our own players, now that does bother.

Considering all the crap this club has gone through I can't help thinking there's more to come. FV don't seem to have funds for a better quality of loan player, either that or they can't attract anyone decent. Whether Hill is the right Manager to assemble a team good enough to get out of the bottom tier only time will tell.

Some of the players we have aren't that bad, again, (is it just me) but some don't do themselves justice. Next term Hill will have to do it all again but will have a lot more time to assemble a squad that should endure a pre season set of games, and be good enough to actually compete, Whether we win more than we lose, again, only time will tell. Scoring goals has been the problem for the past few seasons, hopefully Hill will address this.

We've all written this season off, I did however believe the squad assembled by Hill should have won more than they lost and relegation could have been avoided. Should this happen again next term the fingers will point to Hill. Until then I will give him the benefit of any doubt that my be thrown in his direction.
Interesting, Athers, as I know you've had your doubts over Hill. I think we all have, to a greater or lesser extent, but like you I think next season is what he must be judged on. This season has been a freewheeling dumpster-fire from the off, and while we'd all like to have seen more of those flickers of life in October/November, this squad remains threadbare in quantity and quality - hence Emmanuel playing through illness and us hiring an honest but limited pro like Chris O'Grady who was battling to win a contract at Oldham. It's hardly the stuff of fantasy football, more like a particularly tough challenge on a management sim - but that's the challenge that Hill signed up for. We don't get a choice, but the club needs a positive end to this season if we're to get bums on seats next season.