You talk so much shit, Hill, you're twisting Mick's Mellon, man. Tranmere H 1/2/20

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: You talk so much shit, Hill, you're twisting Mick's Mellon, man. Tranmere H 1/2/20

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:00 pm

Chalk and cheese from Tuesday. Lurphy had possibly his best game for us, Bryan looked a class above, Politic was lively. O'Grady won plenty of headers, lost the ball when in possession consistently, but then scored so all is well.

Playing that well and looking that dominant against a side who could well be in L2 with us next season is very pleasing.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: You talk so much shit, Hill, you're twisting Mick's Mellon, man. Tranmere H 1/2/20

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:35 pm

Top drawer from Keith - having COG bullying their defence and pulling wide a la Kevin Davies 2008 worked well. Always nice to send the skip rats scurrying back home with nothing - no 17 year olds to bully today lads?

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:49 pm

We're friggin staying up baby!!!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:07 pm

Enjoyed that so much today. My only complaint was that we didnt get a 3rd & 4th to demonstrate our superiority.

Positives- back four were all great defensively, a great debut for Bryan, midfield 3 worked their socks off, front 3 all linked well.
It's always a good sign when I'm torn over who to give MoTM to. I'm going for Hamilton, just ahead of O'Grady and Emmanuel.

Negatives - Matthew's decision making still gives me cause for concern. Hamilton's set piece delivery and Fleming I'm not sure of yet but theres definitely a player there.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:30 pm

Watched politics goal online- belter! Goal of season for us I think.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:41 pm

What a difference an early goal makes eh? That's the first time in ages we made the opposition look ordinary and not world beaters. Team played with more confidence, they tried to keep the ball and not one player didn't want the ball.

With Politic looking like a prized asset and the lad Bryan looking pretty solid in defence, our efforts today may have come a tad too late. None the least, a most satisfying and entertaining game which was a pity too many missed.

I have said it for ages when most have been moaning about the display? I can't fault the effort, just a lack of quality which makes a massive difference. I'll be happy to continue watching games like this till the end of the season with a hope of it continuing next term when it will matter.
Well done lads you made the fans happy.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:50 pm

Goals and a bit of highlights here....

https://www.skysports.com/football/bolt ... ere/410261
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:15 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:30 pm
Crawford free kick at Rochdale was better. IMO.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:19 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:15 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Crawford free kick at Rochdale was better. IMO.
Both great strikes but come on...which was more important? Any goal that beats them beggars has got to have a little extra...
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:48 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:35 pm
no 17 year olds to bully today lads?
Ooh do you know I’d forgotten about that - you’ve made a lovely Saturday night feeling even better!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:40 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Showed my twins that goal. Daughter said “is that the first they have scored all season”?!

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:45 am

It's been a truly horrible season but it was nice to beat Tranmere :pissed:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:02 pm

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:31 pm

DB, I'm calling that a 3 nil home win as in a parallel universe Ogrady hits his chance 1st time instead of controlling it.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:39 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:31 pm
DB, I'm calling that a 3 nil home win as in a parallel universe Ogrady hits his chance 1st time instead of controlling it.
Aye, he gets let off as the later one he scored was harder, but still..!

Definitely a nice day in a mire of the last few years - just remember seeing the thick fake scousers abusing a set of lads who hadn’t even been born the last time we were in the same league, channeling their inner John oldgrudge vibes. Two fingers up to you, ya insignificant tw@ts.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:52 pm

I'd almost forgotten what a bunch of bullying, fouling, cloggers Tranmere are. Almost....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:20 pm

Just watched the full 90.

What a difference having Lowe in his best position. Chris O'Grady, stay fit please. Such a difference with his hold up play, brings the midfield up by at least 20 yards.

Tranmere might be awful but you can only beat what is in front of you.

Superb from start to finish by the entire team.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:17 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:20 pm
Just watched the full 90.

What a difference having Lowe in his best position. Chris O'Grady, stay fit please. Such a difference with his hold up play, brings the midfield up by at least 20 yards.

Tranmere might be awful but you can only beat what is in front of you.

Superb from start to finish by the entire team.

I was just about to post something similar. The full list of positives, for me, were:

1. Hamilton's energy in midfield
2. Lowe's recycling of possession and interceptions
3. O'Grady's work rate, hold-up play and ability to win a header meaning we had more than one target further forward - he clearly has his limitations but is it a coincidence that perhaps our three most convincing performances under Hill have come when he's started?
4. Daryl Murphy giving the centre-back marking him an absolutely torrid time
5. Bryan's calming presence and his forward runs offering something we've not had before, and causing the opposition problems (his aerial ability wasn't properly tested yesterday but if it ever is and he passes that test then he might prove to be quite a find)
6. Politic beginning to find his feet and get more involved
7. The fact that we played with a balanced and clearly defined shape that suited the players we had; it was notably missing on Tuesday night

I can't remember when we last won so comfortably. Next Saturday will be much tougher but I hope we can keep it up.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:30 pm

I watched Hill's post-match interview this morning and he seemed relatively normal, even though his answers came across as a little bit forced. Either someone's asked him to tone it down or it's simply much easier to avoid sounding as though you're all at sea when your team's won.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:04 pm

Enjoyed reading this Tranmere blog

http://www.roversrearguard.com/news/and ... -disaster/
What followed was the worst performance by a Rovers team since the 2015-16 season at best, at worst the relegation season of the year before that. Devoid of leadership and creativity, Tranmere were 1-0 down at the break to League One’s bottom side. While we were poor, we had enough of the ball in the first period for it not to be a write-off.

However, in the second period, things went downhill. While the score finished only 2-0, it could and should have been much worse. Rovers were abysmal, disgraceful some would say. The lack of fight in the second half was a considerable concern – too many players were simply yards away from what should have been 50/50 tackles and loose balls. Was it a lack of fight, lack of interest, lack of leadership or were the players tired following the recent run of games? Either way, it was utterly abject and some of the individual performances bordered on embarrassing. It is not acceptable, and Rovers were booed off.