Keith Hill's School For Gifted Youngsters

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Keith Hill's School For Gifted Youngsters

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:18 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:17 pm
I see quite a strong reserve (u33) team got well and truly dicked by Crewe tonight

Connor hall and josh earl played
Yes lost 4-1 at home - U23's team included Politic, Luke Murphy, Weir, Earl, Hall, Dodoo & Darcy

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:43 am

More from Hill in this morning's Evening News:
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... team-spot/
The plan from Portsmouth was to play Sonny [Graham] with as many senior players as we could against Rochdale [in the Sherpa Van] to see whether he could elevate his performance.

That way I knew that if something happened to one of my midfield players, could be the next one in line? Or did I have to look at a different option? That was the method. Rochdale was just a fitness exercise. It has given me so much success in the past to utilise that competition in that way.

I said to Sonny "Here’s your chance to play alongside Ali Crawford and Jason Lowe," with Liam Bridcutt playing centre-half in case anything happened to Jack Hobbs, and I knew Liam could play there. We used that to see how close Sonny was to playing in the league, so when Liam got injured on Monday night I was already a step in front. It wasn’t a risk, it wasn’t a gamble, I can put my trust in Sonny.

And more generally:
It’s the players’ responsibility to get into the training ground and use the coaches who are here bright and early every morning to improve. Get on that pitch and be the next one. Sonny has still got to play, train and develop, become more robust. And it’s that sort of plan I have for Sonny, for (Yoan) Zouma, for Adam Senior – we will improve them as players.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:03 pm

Its a real worry for me that Hill thinks that Graham is good enough to replace Bridcutt in central midfield.

I'm not saying that Graham won't have a good career in football, and he's ok from the bench when needed, but IMO he's not ready to replace Bridcutt until Dec. For me Hill should be trying all he can to improve Luke Murphy & try to get him back playing as he was at Leeds - there is a player in there with Murphy, its just that he's never shown anything at BWFC.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:33 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:03 pm
Its a real worry for me that Hill thinks that Graham is good enough to replace Bridcutt in central midfield.

I'm not saying that Graham won't have a good career in football, and he's ok from the bench when needed, but IMO he's not ready to replace Bridcutt until Dec. For me Hill should be trying all he can to improve Luke Murphy & try to get him back playing as he was at Leeds - there is a player in there with Murphy, its just that he's never shown anything at BWFC.
I personally think Graham is our best youth prospect right now and whilst he's not going to replace Bridcutt in any way - I'd far rather see him get a chance than Luke Murphy.

End of the day we need to shape and develop the better young 'uns ready for next season.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:33 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:

I personally think Graham is our best youth prospect right now and whilst he's not going to replace Bridcutt in any way - I'd far rather see him get a chance than Luke Murphy.

End of the day we need to shape and develop the better young 'uns ready for next season.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, mine is that a Luke Murphy playing as he did at Leeds is much better for us this season - Graham perhaps in a year or 2 - but its an absolute mystery to me why Murphy is so poor playing for us, he looks disinterested, but I happen to believe there is a good League 1 player in there if a manager can get to the bottom of why he's not interested when playing for us.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:48 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:40 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:33 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, mine is that a Luke Murphy playing as he did at Leeds is much better for us this season - Graham perhaps in a year or 2 - but its an absolute mystery to me why Murphy is so poor playing for us, he looks disinterested, but I happen to believe there is a good League 1 player in there if a manager can get to the bottom of why he's not interested when playing for us.
But I'd counter that Graham has the potential to be a far better player than Luke Murphy ever has been or will be. And at 17 he's already looked comfortable playing at this level. Giving him experience whilst there are injuries will aid his development and will be better for us because we'll be needing the likes of him next season when Murphy will be long gone.

There is a balance - can't just chuck kids in when they aren't up to it, but what I've seen of SG he's got something about him. He's the one I picked out after the Coventry and Bradford games I saw.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:54 pm

Luke Murphys heads gone. He’ll be out in Jan, never mind the summer. Better to use Graham like we did with Luca Connell. Might make us some decent cointhat lad then we can sign more Bridcutts.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:48 pm
what I've seen of SG he's got something about him. He's the one I picked out after the Coventry and Bradford games I saw.
And yet you failed to mention it at the time! :wink:

He's looked better with each game imo but the first couple passed him by a bit and he was over shadowed by the busier defenders Edwards, Zouma, White and Brockbank.

Agree re Murphy though. He's had his chance and Graham is rightly ahead of him now on merit.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:39 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:40 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:48 pm
what I've seen of SG he's got something about him. He's the one I picked out after the Coventry and Bradford games I saw.
And yet you failed to mention it at the time! :wink:

He's looked better with each game imo but the first couple passed him by a bit and he was over shadowed by the busier defenders Edwards, Zouma, White and Brockbank.

Agree re Murphy though. He's had his chance and Graham is rightly ahead of him now on merit.
I mentioned it at the time. :D I never fail to mention things! :mrgreen:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:31 pm

U23s for tonight - you’d think starters wouldn’t be involved in tomorrow night’s EFL Trophy game v City Kids, but with Hill you never know

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:31 pm

Heh, nice idea
(Bruce: "For the next few weeks, we have @sonnygraham02 and @Asenior02 in the media team on work experience and we are going to have them on their own podcast every Thursday. Have questions for the lads? Reply to this tweet with #BWFC on the end and it may get asked!")

Furthermore:
"For clarity, Sonny and Adam have to do six weeks’ worth of work experience as part of their scholarship. They chose to do it with the media team!"

...which confirms they're still on scholarship rather than pro terms...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:27 pm

Cheers DSB. I do get Twitter at home, just not at work ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:13 pm

Kids are playing Leeds this evening. Seniors play Donny tomorrow. Doubt Bunney's starting there, then.

Hutchinson, Brockbank, Ahmadi, Edwards, Senior (C), Graham, Riley, White, Faal, Fitzmartin, Bunney.
Subs: King-Harmes, McGaughey, Brown-Sterling, Richards, Colvin.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:26 pm

There’s a not so thinly veiled message to Darcy about signing a contract in Keith’s post match stuff from Saturday. If he’s no intention of signing it I wouldn’t be playing him now...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:00 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:26 pm
There’s a not so thinly veiled message to Darcy about signing a contract in Keith’s post match stuff from Saturday. If he’s no intention of signing it I wouldn’t be playing him now...
Injured his foot in training so I don't think he's got the chance to anyways.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:35 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:13 pm
Kids are playing Leeds this evening. Seniors play Donny tomorrow. Doubt Bunney's starting there, then.

Hutchinson, Brockbank, Ahmadi, Edwards, Senior (C), Graham, Riley, White, Faal, Fitzmartin, Bunney.
Subs: King-Harmes, McGaughey, Brown-Sterling, Richards, Colvin.

Lost 4-1. King-Harmes got the 1.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:53 pm

Battered again, 0-3 and mostly players who should be knocking on the first team door. Clubs rotten.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:57 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:53 pm
Battered again, 0-3 and mostly players who should be knocking on the first team door. Clubs rotten.
Aye - Alexander, Brockbank, Bunney, Delaney, Senior, Edwards, Graham, Thomason, King-Harmes, Mellis, Brown-Sterling. Half those outfielders should be staking a claim.

Alex Perry - remember him? - scored for the Pies.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:02 pm

No Faal, no Zouma.

AllanKy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AllanKy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:28 am

What could be done to turn this around?