General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:23 pm

Yes, all those Brexiteers no longer have to fear having 'their job stolen' by Elizur and Nickoletta. I bet they can't wait to start wiping pensioners arses and mopping out the shithouses.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:23 pm
Yes, all those Brexiteers no longer have to fear having 'their job stolen' by Elizur and Nickoletta. I bet they can't wait to start wiping pensioners arses and mopping out the shithouses.
Didn't you hear? The grand plan unveiled by Priti Patel yesterday is to get the "economically inactive" to be filling the roles of fruit pickers, care providers, warehouse workers and factory line workers.

Yes. The long term sick, retired and full time students. They all want to apparently - inspite of the IFS saying only a tiny proportion would even consider a job and then not the jobs that actually need filling!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:29 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Didn't you hear? The grand plan unveiled by Priti Patel yesterday is to get the "economically inactive" to be filling the roles of fruit pickers, care providers, warehouse workers and factory line workers.

Yes. The long term sick, retired and full time students. They all want to apparently - inspite of the IFS saying only a tiny proportion would even consider a job and then not the jobs that actually need filling!
I was listening to a farmer from over Preston way being interviewed last night. He supplies many of the supermarkets with 'good to go' salads. The work involved is seemingly labour intensive and as such he has a sizeable workforce to which he's forever looking to add. He reckons that for every 75 people he interviews, around one will be British.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:14 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:02 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I was listening to a farmer from over Preston way being interviewed last night. He supplies many of the supermarkets with 'good to go' .

salads. The work involved is seemingly labour intensive and as such he has a sizeable workforce to which he's forever looking to add. He reckons that for every 75 people he interviews, around one will be British.

So no more ready to go salads then and all us indolent c^nts can fill our time preparing our ownĺ.

:whack:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:02 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I was listening to a farmer from over Preston way being interviewed last night. He supplies many of the supermarkets with 'good to go' salads. The work involved is seemingly labour intensive and as such he has a sizeable workforce to which he's forever looking to add. He reckons that for every 75 people he interviews, around one will be British.
Heard that too. The other issue not discussed is that often these jobs are in places whereby there isn't a ready mobilised "native British" workforce within striking distance.....I'm sure Patel and Boris have it covered though...imagine we'll be seeing the vans driving round retirement villages soon "arbeit macht frei" blaring out....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:44 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:30 pm
If, regardless of political, ethnic or religious persuasions, the world were composed of sensible, intelligent and fair-minded people, how wonderful it would be. Unfortunately, it isn't. I live next door, and next door but one to east-european families, Polish, Ukranian, and a few doors away, Asians, all hard-working folk.. Mixed with Bolton locals everybody gets on fine. Mainly everybody goes their own way but quite happily. It would be easy to ask, "what's the problem?", but then my first sentence would apply. I also live in Farnworth, not too far from the Flower Estate and New Bury is only a quarter mile away. Multi cultural doesn't even begin to describe Bolton and District these days. Again, if the first sentence applied, all would be fine. Unfortunately, you only have to read the Bolton News......
Out of interest - what percentage of the Bolton population do you think are non British?
No idea. My point was about sensible decent people, not their persuasions. I thought I'd made that quite clear?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:37 pm

Enoch wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:14 pm

So no more ready to go salads then and all us indolent c^nts can fill our time preparing our ownĺ.

I think I'll find my salad spinner alongside the breadmaker, the tagine, the juicer, the Sodastream and any other 'used once' items :)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:01 am
You can start with the family of Czech's in my street who are very very scared right now. Real people, real lives. Go and speak to them about their experience and how having lived in this country for nearly a decade they suddenly now don't feel welcome - their kids who were born here are bullied and told they don't belong here. And shockingly this is not uncommon.
That's really sad to hear. I, and I expect many like me, voted for Brexit for lots of different reasons, none of which had anything to do with race.

Unfortunately, the oft repeated narrative after the result was that all Brexiteers were old, white, racists (I'm 2/3rds of the way there!) despite all the voting stats not bearing that out. However, what can't be denied, large numbers of ignorant racists have used the Brexit result to peddle their own brand of filth and I bear some responsibility for that. I'd vote to remain if we were asked again.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:58 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:56 pm
(I'm 2/3rds of the way there!)
You make up the other third just on "old" :D

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:39 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:58 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
(I'm 2/3rds of the way there!)
You make up the other third just on "old" :D
:box: :grin:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:29 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:37 pm
Enoch wrote:

I think I'll find my salad spinner alongside the breadmaker, the tagine, the juicer, the Sodastream and any other 'used once' items :)
Fondue set?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:15 am

Enoch wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:29 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:37 pm
Enoch wrote:

Fondue set?
Got one of them. Still in original packaging. Never used. Never owned enough fcuking cheese. Any takers?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:22 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
You can start with the family of Czech's in my street who are very very scared right now. Real people, real lives. Go and speak to them about their experience and how having lived in this country for nearly a decade they suddenly now don't feel welcome - their kids who were born here are bullied and told they don't belong here. And shockingly this is not uncommon.
That's really sad to hear. I, and I expect many like me, voted for Brexit for lots of different reasons, none of which had anything to do with race.

Unfortunately, the oft repeated narrative after the result was that all Brexiteers were old, white, racists (I'm 2/3rds of the way there!) despite all the voting stats not bearing that out. However, what can't be denied, large numbers of ignorant racists have used the Brexit result to peddle their own brand of filth and I bear some responsibility for that. I'd vote to remain if we were asked again.
The trouble is as you say its opened the floodgates and people now feel empowered. I mean we have a PM with a string of pretty unpleasant comments in his history which in my view simply emboldens people to be racist. And for me this "new racism" is not the racism of our grandfathers perhaps born out of fear and a lack of understanding. This is calculated stuff that is cleverly veiled by people who feel emboldened with the "its not racism we just want our England back" or "to close our borders". The last 5 or 6 years have been a constant attempt to try and change the boundaries of what is acceptable - and the push in politics has sadly eventually backed this up. 20 years ago it is completely inconceivable that the country would have come close to accepting the stuff Boris wrote or indeed the antisemitism in the Labour party - or indeed Farage's tactics.

However, you're not responsible. The people who lied about what Brexit was, and meant and could or should be are. The number of times we were told "doesn't mean we leave the SM" for example - by people now in power is shocking. When suddenly the very definition of it, is leaving the SM.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:25 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:28 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:44 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:30 pm
If, regardless of political, ethnic or religious persuasions, the world were composed of sensible, intelligent and fair-minded people, how wonderful it would be. Unfortunately, it isn't. I live next door, and next door but one to east-european families, Polish, Ukranian, and a few doors away, Asians, all hard-working folk.. Mixed with Bolton locals everybody gets on fine. Mainly everybody goes their own way but quite happily. It would be easy to ask, "what's the problem?", but then my first sentence would apply. I also live in Farnworth, not too far from the Flower Estate and New Bury is only a quarter mile away. Multi cultural doesn't even begin to describe Bolton and District these days. Again, if the first sentence applied, all would be fine. Unfortunately, you only have to read the Bolton News......
Out of interest - what percentage of the Bolton population do you think are non British?
No idea. My point was about sensible decent people, not their persuasions. I thought I'd made that quite clear?
I guess that the bold part was what I asked for. And you seemed to be insinuating that it was the reason for anti social behaviour. I'd say anti social behaviour is down to deprived areas in towns like Bolton being left for generations to sink further and further into the sewers. Nothing at all to do with EU immigration - certainly not in towns like ours.

Anyhow the answer is as of last figures 9% of Bolton's population are non-British. Which was actually slightly higher than I expected, but certainly not multi-cultural in the way Manchester or London or Birmingham etc are...

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
My point was about sensible decent people, not their persuasions. I thought I'd made that quite clear?

Tango, how do you feel about self-righteous, pompous, pricks?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:22 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

The trouble is as you say its opened the floodgates and people now feel empowered. I mean we have a PM with a string of pretty unpleasant comments in his history which in my view simply emboldens people to be racist. And for me this "new racism" is not the racism of our grandfathers perhaps born out of fear and a lack of understanding. This is calculated stuff that is cleverly veiled by people who feel emboldened with the "its not racism we just want our England back" or "to close our borders". The last 5 or 6 years have been a constant attempt to try and change the boundaries of what is acceptable - and the push in politics has sadly eventually backed this up. 20 years ago it is completely inconceivable that the country would have come close to accepting the stuff Boris wrote or indeed the antisemitism in the Labour party - or indeed Farage's tactics.

However, you're not responsible. The people who lied about what Brexit was, and meant and could or should be are. The number of times we were told "doesn't mean we leave the SM" for example - by people now in power is shocking. When suddenly the very definition of it, is leaving the SM.
The 'floodgates' were opened by Blair lest you conveniently forget.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:44 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:23 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
My point was about sensible decent people, not their persuasions. I thought I'd made that quite clear?

Tango, how do you feel about self-righteous, pompous, pricks?
Lord forbid I'll ever be classed as one. :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:30 am

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:03 pm

Largest 1 year leap in net migration since 1975 - 102,000 - let's call it a floodgate - Tory 2013
Highest overall level of annual net migration ever - 2010 - 2019 - Tory
Decision to offer 10 new countries EU membership - Tory 1993
Decision to extend free movement from workers to citizens - Tory 1992
Since 2013 - Non-EU migration has risen from 113,000 net - to 214,00 net - Tories.

There's always more than one way of looking at numbers.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:28 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:30 am
Hoboh wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:03 pm

Largest 1 year leap in net migration since 1975 - 102,000 - let's call it a floodgate - Tory 2013
Highest overall level of annual net migration ever - 2010 - 2019 - Tory
Decision to offer 10 new countries EU membership - Tory 1993
Decision to extend free movement from workers to citizens - Tory 1992
Since 2013 - Non-EU migration has risen from 113,000 net - to 214,00 net - Tories.

There's always more than one way of looking at numbers.
Under Blair’s Labour government, Britain’s economic immigration policy went from a highly restrictive approach to one of the most expansive in Europe. Work permit criteria were relaxed, the number of international students was doubled, the government expanded existing low and high-skilled migrant worker schemes and launched new ones and, from 2005, initiated a new points-based immigration system. Overshadowing these important reforms was the 2004 decision to allow citizens of eight countries that were about to join the EU the immediate right to work in Britain. This decision alone resulted in one of the largest migration flows in Britain’s peacetime history.

Put into historical context, Labour’s reforms were an unprecedented policy reversal. With 2.5m foreign-born workers added to the population since 1997 and net migration averaging 200,000 per year between 1997 and 2010 – five times higher than under the previous administration government of 1990-1996 – immigration under Labour quite literally changed the face of Britain.
Yep, sure is.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:59 am

So, we had a points based system after all. Why did we have to leave the EU to get one?

Can we not just accept that governments of all stripes have allowed huge amounts of immigration to support our economy? You still get to argue if that is good or bad.