What are you playing tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2338
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Xanadu

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by jmjhb » Sun May 12, 2019 6:39 pm

Meh, it was just another one of his attempts to be edgy which failed and he's come across as a colossal bellend

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20094
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:33 am

Chased Glastonbury through to the latest effort of Noel G's High F-ing Bs. Lovely stuff. Sail On is an incredible song to throw away as a B aside.

Lot of time for the Gallaghers, me.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38532
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:30 pm

This is a bit er, different....Not quite what it seems... :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYSxOj6W7IQ
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38532
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:08 pm

My hearing is well gone now, but I had a reminder of what noise is all about tonight watching a vid of Axl Rose with Brian May and Queen doing "We will Rock You" at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert. That was some class noise with a million pairs of hands clapping it out. :D ...

Left it on for Sweet Child O Mine and Knocking on Heaven's Door, just for old time's sake.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7406
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri May 08, 2020 9:47 pm

Spent a happy few hours today wallowing in nostalgia thinking about what albums I would put in ‘those that influenced my choice in music’ for one of those things that is doing the rounds on Facebook.

I was a 90’s teenager and pretty much most of my choices are 90’s bands, so this lead me to pondering, what decade was the best for music? And is this opinion influenced by when you were a teenager with emotions running high and many memories attached?

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4267
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by Enoch » Fri May 08, 2020 10:14 pm

Aye, I think it's the decade one hits puberty.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7406
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri May 08, 2020 10:32 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:14 pm
Aye, I think it's the decade one hits puberty.
What was the music like in the 1930’s Enoch?! 😉

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4267
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by Enoch » Fri May 08, 2020 10:56 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:32 pm
Enoch wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:14 pm
Aye, I think it's the decade one hits puberty.
What was the music like in the 1930’s Enoch?! 😉
I know I liked it but I can't remember!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26135
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:47 pm
Spent a happy few hours today wallowing in nostalgia thinking about what albums I would put in ‘those that influenced my choice in music’ for one of those things that is doing the rounds on Facebook.

I was a 90’s teenager and pretty much most of my choices are 90’s bands, so this lead me to pondering, what decade was the best for music? And is this opinion influenced by when you were a teenager with emotions running high and many memories attached?
Nah. I’d say definitively that the 60’s were easily the best musical decade. But it wouldn’t necessarily contain most of my favourite albums it’s just packed full of greatness. And I wasn’t born then either.

60s, 90s, 70s...in that order.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12878
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 18, 2020 10:22 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 6:30 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:47 pm
Spent a happy few hours today wallowing in nostalgia thinking about what albums I would put in ‘those that influenced my choice in music’ for one of those things that is doing the rounds on Facebook.

I was a 90’s teenager and pretty much most of my choices are 90’s bands, so this lead me to pondering, what decade was the best for music? And is this opinion influenced by when you were a teenager with emotions running high and many memories attached?
Nah. I’d say definitively that the 60’s were easily the best musical decade. But it wouldn’t necessarily contain most of my favourite albums it’s just packed full of greatness. And I wasn’t born then either.

60s, 90s, 70s...in that order.
60's purely and simply for the mass mix of various music genre that was all popular.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26135
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 18, 2020 1:29 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:22 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 6:30 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:47 pm
Spent a happy few hours today wallowing in nostalgia thinking about what albums I would put in ‘those that influenced my choice in music’ for one of those things that is doing the rounds on Facebook.

I was a 90’s teenager and pretty much most of my choices are 90’s bands, so this lead me to pondering, what decade was the best for music? And is this opinion influenced by when you were a teenager with emotions running high and many memories attached?
Nah. I’d say definitively that the 60’s were easily the best musical decade. But it wouldn’t necessarily contain most of my favourite albums it’s just packed full of greatness. And I wasn’t born then either.

60s, 90s, 70s...in that order.
60's purely and simply for the mass mix of various music genre that was all popular.
Yeah its hard to look past it - you don't even need to like it all - but loads is genre defining like it or not. It was packed full of quality and innovation.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38532
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 18, 2020 1:38 pm

Including jazz remnants etc from the 40's, I've enjoyed music from every era since. There's something for everybody in all areas; I'm as happy with Prince Igor as Glenn Miller and Begin the Beguine (all-time favourite by Artie Shaw) as the full-scale Hallelujah chorus, Bach's Toccata and Fugue and Ravel's Bolero..Did I enjoy Dirty Dancing, Motown and The Beatles...too right.. and Sissell, the Norwegien nightigale is the finest singing voice ever heard by mankind. (-:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23447
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 19, 2020 5:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:38 pm
Including jazz remnants etc from the 40's, I've enjoyed music from every era since. There's something for everybody in all areas; I'm as happy with Prince Igor as Glenn Miller and Begin the Beguine (all-time favourite by Artie Shaw) as the full-scale Hallelujah chorus, Bach's Toccata and Fugue and Ravel's Bolero..Did I enjoy Dirty Dancing, Motown and The Beatles...too right.. and Sissell, the Norwegien nightigale is the finest singing voice ever heard by mankind. (-:
It does sorta seem a bit curtailed on the "every era" front at about the 1960's (with the exception of Dirty Dancing which was 33 years ago!) :-) How time flies. ;-)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23447
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 19, 2020 7:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:29 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:22 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 6:30 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:47 pm
Spent a happy few hours today wallowing in nostalgia thinking about what albums I would put in ‘those that influenced my choice in music’ for one of those things that is doing the rounds on Facebook.

I was a 90’s teenager and pretty much most of my choices are 90’s bands, so this lead me to pondering, what decade was the best for music? And is this opinion influenced by when you were a teenager with emotions running high and many memories attached?
Nah. I’d say definitively that the 60’s were easily the best musical decade. But it wouldn’t necessarily contain most of my favourite albums it’s just packed full of greatness. And I wasn’t born then either.

60s, 90s, 70s...in that order.
60's purely and simply for the mass mix of various music genre that was all popular.
Yeah its hard to look past it - you don't even need to like it all - but loads is genre defining like it or not. It was packed full of quality and innovation.
It had Woodstock. 'Nuff said.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests