The athletics/running thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:34 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:32 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:25 am
Managed to get 60K in for May, was aiming for 75 until slipping on last Monday's run and pulling a muscle in my back. Been in fecking agony all week with it but have woke up this morning and it feels a thousand times better. Will try to start June with something short, flat and gentle tomorrow.
I’m impressed with 60k - you must have been getting out around 3 times a week? I can’t even drag my lazy arse out once at the moment! However I have been doing a 10 minute abs work out around 4/5 times a week for the past couple of weeks. Definitely slowly getting easier. Children don’t laugh at me struggling to get off the floor quite so much now.
Cheers, matey. Yeah, been getting out three times a week. Of course, lo and behold, just when it feels like you're starting to get on top of it all again and injury strikes :roll:
Just been out to see how far I could get and ended up doing 5K without problem, which I wasn't expecting, but I'll have to see how everything is in the morning.
Glad the abs stuff's getting easier. It was BP who coerced your children into laughing at you getting up. I did say I wouldn't say out but, you know... :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:34 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Managed to get 60K in for May, was aiming for 75 until slipping on last Monday's run and pulling a muscle in my back. Been in fecking agony all week with it but have woke up this morning and it feels a thousand times better. Will try to start June with something short, flat and gentle tomorrow.
I’m impressed with 60k - you must have been getting out around 3 times a week? I can’t even drag my lazy arse out once at the moment! However I have been doing a 10 minute abs work out around 4/5 times a week for the past couple of weeks. Definitely slowly getting easier. Children don’t laugh at me struggling to get off the floor quite so much now.
Cheers, matey. Yeah, been getting out three times a week. Of course, lo and behold, just when it feels like you're starting to get on top of it all again and injury strikes :roll:
Just been out to see how far I could get and ended up doing 5K without problem, which I wasn't expecting, but I'll have to see how everything is in the morning.
Glad the abs stuff's getting easier. It was BP who coerced your children into laughing at you getting up. I did say I wouldn't say out but, you know... :)
Yeah, he’s always been a bad influence on them - thankfully they can’t understand his accent half the time so most of the stuff he says goes right over their heads!

Well done on the 5k! No back ache? Flash new trainers arrived here today so I will get out this week! Tried a bike ride with little Miss GG in them tonight! Pretty comfy!
Attachments
52E41885-4F3F-4AD4-ADB5-987022737693.jpeg
52E41885-4F3F-4AD4-ADB5-987022737693.jpeg (3.32 MiB) Viewed 5245 times

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:09 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:45 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:34 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Yeah, he’s always been a bad influence on them - thankfully they can’t understand his accent half the time so most of the stuff he says goes right over their heads!
It's funny, because it's true! Though I do recall you telling me that eldest son shouted 'Come on Bolton' the day after I met him for the first time. Job done! 8)

Nice trainers. Thick heels will make you look taller too. :wink: #newmaterial

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:07 am

Gooner Girl wrote:

Well done on the 5k! No back ache? Flash new trainers arrived here today so I will get out this week! Tried a bike ride with little Miss GG in them tonight! Pretty comfy!
No excuses now with your new Asics speedy demons :)

Just a bit of a twinge in the back when I got up, but taken a couple of pain killers and so far - so good.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:07 am
Gooner Girl wrote:

No excuses now with your new Asics speedy demons :)

Just a bit of a twinge in the back when I got up, but taken a couple of pain killers and so far - so good.
It’s meltingly hot down here today! Tomorrow is supposed to be much cooler. Psyching myself up to go then!

Good need re the back bruce.

Aye, trainers make me as tall as you are now BP!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:07 pm

I'm quite demotivated with my exercise at the minute. Trained all winter for an epic Summer of tri races and marathons. At the moment my first race, that isn't postponed or cancelled, is Swim Serpentine in September...………

Just ticking over. Well done Bruce on your 60km and You LE on your 46 consecutive days.

BP I'm surprised you haven't done more as it's barely rained in the last two months. :)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:59 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:07 pm
BP I'm surprised you haven't done more as it's barely rained in the last two months. :)

Decided I don’t like to run in dry weather either!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:07 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:59 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:07 pm

Decided I don’t like to run in dry weather either!
:lol: That made me laugh out loud.

I hate running in the heat more then I do cold or rain I think! Though ask me again in winter and I may have changed my mind...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:41 am

A hot & humid 5k last night. Hard work, but definitely getting easier.

Rain forecast for the next couple of days. Hmmm! ☔️

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:45 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:41 am

Stay alert. Stay Home. Don't Melt

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:25 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:45 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:

:lol:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:15 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:45 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:

:lol: #toaman

You missed ‘you soft cnut’ from the end.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:20 pm

:)

It's kinda implicit. X

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:40 pm

I did it. Got out. Hated every minute of it and it was slow and short. Bit depressed now. Don’t want to go again!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:27 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:40 pm
I did it. Got out. Hated every minute of it and it was slow and short. Bit depressed now. Don’t want to go again!
Why depressed? It's not the first time you've been considered slow and short, surely? :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:42 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:27 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:40 pm
Why depressed? It's not the first time you've been considered slow and short, surely? :wink:
:Jedi:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:07 pm

3.5 mile plod tonight. Got out with a friend which helped the motivation no end. Admittedly we did stop at 3 miles for a 10 min chat before I ran the half mile back home but I’m taking it as progress for second run back. 7/8 of past 8 days done on my abs workout too.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:58 pm

After getting well into it and at one point not missing a run for 46 consecutive days, I can't be arsed any more. Not quite sure why but a combination of aches and pains and not seeing any real improvement despite doing loads and losing so much weight I look like I've been dug up. fecking running! Maybe when racing starts again. I'll be 45 by then and a fresh faced youngster in the new age group. 😁

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:52 pm

Just as I was getting my running mojo back, I have been laid low by an insect bite of all things. The ‘wound’ has become infected and I now appear to have a cankle and club foot! Hopefully, the antibiotics prescribed start to kick in and I can get back to it next week.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:12 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:58 pm
After getting well into it and at one point not missing a run for 46 consecutive days, I can't be arsed any more. Not quite sure why but a combination of aches and pains and not seeing any real improvement despite doing loads and losing so much weight I look like I've been dug up. fecking running! Maybe when racing starts again. I'll be 45 by then and a fresh faced youngster in the new age group. 😁
Also going an age group up this year. :cry: Though will miss all my t & f ‘season’ thanks to Covid.

Sounds like you’ve been over doing it! 46 days on the trot?! Give it a brief rest then come back to it slightly less hard core?! And eat a few pies/sink a few beers if you’ve lost that much weight. Shouldn’t be too much of a trial for you?!