A Barrow load of trouble. Barrow (A) League 2. 20/10/20 KO 7pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: A Barrow load of trouble. Barrow (A) League 2. 20/10/20 KO 7pm

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:02 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:59 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:58 pm
FCUK ME
I’ve just typed out a massive rant about Phoenix, Kenyon etc

You lucky
Lucky
Set of bastards
Save it for Saturday when we play the leaders, the mighty Cambridge
Didn’t watch it
Second half seemed a lot calmer? Who the feck played left back? Or left wing back or whatever? I only logged on to see what the team was about and it was already 0-2.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:04 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:02 pm
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:59 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:58 pm
FCUK ME
I’ve just typed out a massive rant about Phoenix, Kenyon etc

You lucky
Lucky
Set of bastards
Save it for Saturday when we play the leaders, the mighty Cambridge
Didn’t watch it
Second half seemed a lot calmer? Who the feck played left back? Or left wing back or whatever? I only logged on to see what the team was about and it was already 0-2.
Usual shape - Brockbank at LWB, back three of Delaney, Santos and the shuffling wreck that used to be Baptiste

Gnahoua played well IMO

Don't think Comley had his worst game either, and Sarce kept going

Mind you I am slightly out of my mind on adrenalin

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:04 pm

Whilst it was good to see the last minute goal, nothing papers over just how inept both sides were. It was like watching a pub game.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:05 pm

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:06 pm

:lol:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08 pm

Well, Brockbank at lwb is a strange one. Bringing the stuck in reverse Gordon on for him when you need a goal also strange. I suspect Evatt will cite character.

I am pleased the lad whose name I can’t spell played well. Unfair of me to criticize him without watching!

I think White is a miss - Tutte is not a 90minute man. Politic would also walk into this side. That left hand side needs some work though, as much as I like young Brocky I’m not sure he’s a centre back never mind a left back.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08 pm

Well fecking hell, I've missed an eventful one there.

Didn't watch so can't comment with any accuracy, but Evatt's team sections and substitutions really concern me. I wonder if he's falling into the Guardiola trap of over-thinking and overlooking the obvious? Obviously he doesn't seem to have many of Guardiola's good attributes either.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:11 pm

Some stats:

Highest number of attempts on goal all season, highest number of accurate attempts on goal all season, joint-lowest number of conceded attempts on goal all season

Absolutely standard 62% possession - the only games we haven't had 60-64 were FGR (56) and Harrogate (39)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:13 pm

To Mr Gun. You missed two really shit teams, with little plan or formation. Schoolyard football, with a schoolyard scoreline and some headless bastards running round. This was not a high quality affair where two brilliant attacks just happened to get the better of two world class defences.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:14 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08 pm
Well, Brockbank at lwb is a strange one. Bringing the stuck in reverse Gordon on for him when you need a goal also strange. I suspect Evatt will cite character.

I am pleased the lad whose name I can’t spell played well. Unfair of me to criticize him without watching!

I think White is a miss - Tutte is not a 90minute man. Politic would also walk into this side. That left hand side needs some work though, as much as I like young Brocky I’m not sure he’s a centre back never mind a left back.
I'd heard from a well-placed source that Evatt didn't fancy Brockbank at either centre-back or wing-back, and now he's played him in four successive league games, at the back and on both sides... I'd like to take that as being big enough to change his mind, but Brocky at LWB is fkn ludicrous even if we din't have two LWBs on the bench. Bizarre.

I also backed Evatt's decision to start Comley on Saturday thinking he was saving Tutte for tonight, so that's weird too.

Gnahoua looked confident is not always capable. Can cross though, and so can Kioso, so we're starting to get more "entrances" as the new term has it.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:18 pm

Have to say that the fact we didn't win that game falls squarely on the manager and the fact we scraped a draw is down to some players actually wanting it. Darcy got bullied physically when he came on, but did add some drive and a bit of the vocals we generally lack. Had Evatt made changes at the half, instead of after 70+ minutes we'd have got that goal far earlier. Barrow were awful...which is arguably worrying as regards the amazing team Evatt built.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:19 pm

Baptiste should never play another game, he's an absolute liability and Crellin isn't much better. We need a decent keeper ASAP

Why would Evatt play Brockbank (who I don't rate) at LWB when we have Mascoll & Gordon - absolutely awful team selection by Evatt tonight, but he got out of jail after a truly amateur Sunday League 1st 10 mins. Goals for Doyle & Sarce should improve their confidence - I thought Arthur & Kioso played well, Crawford poor IMO.

Decent comeback though even against an equally poor Barrow. Evatt got lucky tonight, he needs to stop this fcuking about with team selection, Taft & Greenidge must be poor in training if they can't get a game ahead of Baptiste & Brockbank.

I wonder if he will go for 7 defenders on the bench on Saturday ?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:20 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:13 pm
To Mr Gun. You missed two really shit teams, with little plan or formation. Schoolyard football, with a schoolyard scoreline and some headless bastards running round. This was not a high quality affair where two brilliant attacks just happened to get the better of two world class defences.
All this is true. We were also playing a winless team who only named six subs and had to make two injury subs before the hour.

But still, a 96th-minute equaliser when you've been two goals down and listening to their press box laugh out loud - you take fun where you can in this game. Very many questions to answer on Saturday - one of them being "Baptiste: Eh?" - but for now I'm still high.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:20 pm

Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:14 pm
[so we're starting to get more "entrances" as the new term has it.
I'd argue that we have plenty of "entrances" in that team at the minute. Useless entrances the lot of them.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:21 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:18 pm
Have to say that the fact we didn't win that game falls squarely on the manager and the fact we scraped a draw is down to some players actually wanting it. Darcy got bullied physically when he came on, but did add some drive and a bit of the vocals we generally lack. Had Evatt made changes at the half, instead of after 70+ minutes we'd have got that goal far earlier. Barrow were awful...which is arguably worrying as regards the amazing team Evatt built.
As we were breathing a sigh of relief and thinking Evatt has bought himself another game, Barrow fans were calling for Dunn’s head...

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:22 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:19 pm
Baptiste should never play another game, he's an absolute liability
His legs have gone. He had a 10 yard start on a Barrow player who himself had no pace and still lost out. He was shattered at half time.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:21 pm
As we were breathing a sigh of relief and thinking Evatt has bought himself another game, Barrow fans were calling for Dunn’s head...
Even with the point, they'd be well within their rights to sack Evatt after that.

Shambolic defending, a centre back on the left wing, not using his subs...diabolical stuff from the manager.

That is Evatt's worst performance as boss by a country mile.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:25 pm

Well from what’s been said above the obvious thing to me is to go to a 433 - Santos and Delaney at centre half with whoever (probably Gordon) at left back and Paddy K at right back. Comley/Tutte with Sarcevic and Darcy. Delfons, Hickman and Doyle up top.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:26 pm

So was our Ronan any good when he came on?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:28 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:25 pm
Well from what’s been said above the obvious thing to me is to go to a 433 - Santos and Delaney at centre half with whoever (probably Gordon) at left back and Paddy K at right back. Comley/Tutte with Sarcevic and Darcy. Delfons, Hickman and Doyle up top.
Definitely abandon 3 at the back. I’d put Kioso into the front three. He’s a real handful. Him, Gnaouha and Doyle. Or Delf if Gnaouha doesn’t fancy the travelling...