Summer 2020 transfers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:16 pm

Last one for me...booze is kicking in now 🤣
I’ve concluded every left footed player we’ve recruited is shit. Right footed ones are fine. Taft, Greenidge, Gordon, mascoll, comley, all wank.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:31 pm

Is Comley left footed :lol: ?!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:57 pm

Well if he’s right footed he’s even worse than I thought he was.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:57 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:27 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:04 pm
He looks like in a better team he’d be ok. Our only outlet at times. Only one who can win a header. But ultimately suffers from an inability to cross the ball. Which means unless he’s in behind he’s cutting back in and slowing the game down.
That's where are right now. We have a few who look like they'd be okay in a better side and that hopefully means there's room for improvement here.

Doyle can score given service, but he's getting none. Delf can link if the players around him make the right runs, but they're not. Comley can win the ball and would be okay if the players around him would do the creative work, but they're not doing. etc etc

We either have a group of lads who can all develop together into a mid-table team, or we have a load of pieces from different jigsaws that will never fit together not matter how many times we try and smash them into place. Hopefully the former.
I thought Doyle had a poor game and should have been replaced instead of Crawford who was having a greater impact.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:07 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:57 pm
I thought Doyle had a poor game and should have been replaced instead of Crawford who was having a greater impact.
Doyle isn't playing well. We were warned about him by previous clubs' fans when he showed up. Either he scores, or you wish he wasn't on the pitch. At the minute he is under immense pressure. He's "the man" in this fairly crap squad and he's not seeing the ball. So when he does have a chance he snatches at it, because they're hen's teeth. He goes roaming to get the ball and because he's not got great all round game he loses it a lot, which puts him under more pressure. Then again he has a bumper 3 year contract to sit on, so maybe he's not that fussed :conf:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:54 pm

There is no point at all having Doyle starting now. I understand why he's stayed in until now in the hope that things will turn, but it's not happening. He needs to be a sub while we scrap it out and and sort the midfield. Defence has improved, so.sirt the midfield. If chances are being created and missed, bring him back. Until then he's a passenger. And that's not meant to scapegoat him, just pragmatism.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:34 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:04 pm
He looks like in a better team he’d be ok. Our only outlet at times. Only one who can win a header. But ultimately suffers from an inability to cross the ball. Which means unless he’s in behind he’s cutting back in and slowing the game down.
Which is, of course, still a huge improvement on the rest of the bunch who lack the ability to either cross, run in behind or cut in.
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:04 pm

What keepers are out there on a free? They need to sort this situation as a matter of urgency - Billy the kid is all over the place and doesn’t command his defence at all.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:21 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:04 pm
What keepers are out there on a free? They need to sort this situation as a matter of urgency - Billy the kid is all over the place and doesn’t command his defence at all.
Ben Alnwick?
May the bridges I burn light your way

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:36 pm

Rob Elliot.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:05 pm

Moneyball progress check. Young players signed who can be sold on for a tidy profit.

Taft, Mascoll, Gordon, Hickman, Comley, Greenidge.

Our recruitment model is not looking too good at the moment Tobias.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:41 pm

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler ... e&yt0=Show

Luke Steele
Alnwick
Lonergan
Paul Jones

Any of them!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:06 am

Of the dozen or so freebie goalkeepers I looked at over the summer, this lad seems to be the only one still available. Which might tell its own story.
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:15 pm

JOSH VICKERS
6ft4, 24-y-o Londoner, one of those released en masse by Lincoln. Started at Arsenal, dipped into non-league, then 100-odd lower-league games over the last four seasons for Barnet and Lincoln.
Bit later I noted that “Josh Vickers, released by Lincoln (played against us at theirs in January), was described as an Arsenal youth as having "quick feet" and "great distribution skills".“

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:04 am

look on the bright side
WE'RE ONLY 9 POINTS AWAY FROM A PLAY OFF PLACE !
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:55 pm

Faal joins Barnet on loan for the season, ie the remainder of his contract. Always a curious signing.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:25 pm

Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:55 pm
Faal joins Barnet on loan for the season, ie the remainder of his contract. Always a curious signing.
That seems odd given our lack of decent striking options unless he's way behind Gnouhua, Miller and Amoateng. Was he a Hill or a Phoenix signing I wonder?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:23 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:25 pm
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:55 pm
That seems odd given our lack of decent striking options unless he's way behind Gnouhua, Miller and Amoateng. Was he a Hill or a Phoenix signing I wonder?
He signed on 6 January (LINK).

On 11 Jan he came on for the last 24 minutes of the 2-0 loss at Rochdale.

On 14 Jan he came on for the last minute of the 5-1 loss at Lincoln.

He was out of the squad for the next two games and then an unused sub for three.

Tobias Phoenix was announced on 6 Feb (LINK).

On 13 Feb Hill said this (LINK) about Faal:
He is not ready, nowhere near ready. He’s on the bench because we have no other options, simple as. I don’t want to expose him and I get smashed up and he gets smashed up. I don’t want to do that.
In all he made two appearances totalling 25 minutes, plus five selections as unused sub. He featured in Evatt's first three pre-season friendlies (scoring at Bamber Bridge) but none since Loughborough, which now seems a very long time ago. There has been talk of injury but I don't think Evatt has exactly been pacing the corridor outside the treatment room like a nervous father-to-be. Barnet say they could make the move permanent in January, and I don't see any reason we'd stop them.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:07 pm

I always thought he was one of Kawri's signings. It felt like he was anyway. It seemed clear it wasn't going to work out here so I'm not surprised he's been moved on. Good luck to him.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:25 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:07 pm
I always thought he was one of Kawri's signings. It felt like he was anyway. It seemed clear it wasn't going to work out here so I'm not surprised he's been moved on. Good luck to him.

Nailed on he'll score a hat-trick against us next season.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:48 pm

Something went terribly wrong in January's recruiting. Hill no longer was able to get the players he wanted as he did in the Summer. Other forces took over. The team then went into freefall. Faal, when I first saw him I thought to myself, this young man is way out of his depth in L1. A very bad signing but I wish him well.