Summer 2020 transfers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
nicholaldo
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1095
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:27 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:07 am
It’s a fair point on Santos. I thought he grew into it though - Harrogate was a back four for example? For me we have two positions we have no adequate player for - GK and LWB. Trying to plug those round holes with the best square pegs!

It was a back three. I think we played a back four a few weeks before that.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19764
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:30 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:07 am
It’s a fair point on Santos. I thought he grew into it though - Harrogate was a back four for example? For me we have two positions we have no adequate player for - GK and LWB. Trying to plug those round holes with the best square pegs!
We reverted to the back three at Harrogate. The two back-four games were Colchester, where he fell asleep and had us all thinking we'd signed the worst player ever; and Newport, where we allowed the visitors just the 24 attempts on goal.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19764
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:32 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:16 am
Maybe DSB can scout out someone decent at one of the local Prem teams and we can forward the thread over to big Toby P.
The problem now is that if Evatt asks for a promising youngster from a big club, the manager (and/or academy manager) there will quite understandably wonder about the whole Man Up thing. He's going to have to do some smooth talking.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20875
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by Prufrock » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:34 pm

I mean Crellin has been bobbins but calling him a square peg is harsh :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10153
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:01 pm

Well are you convinced he’s a goalie? 🤣

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8865
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:44 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:32 pm
The_Gun wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:16 am
Maybe DSB can scout out someone decent at one of the local Prem teams and we can forward the thread over to big Toby P.
The problem now is that if Evatt asks for a promising youngster from a big club, the manager (and/or academy manager) there will quite understandably wonder about the whole Man Up thing. He's going to have to do some smooth talking.
That and wondering whether to send a player to a club that looks an amateurish shambles. If they've got any youngsters they don't like we might get lucky.
...

The_Gun
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 845
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 am

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by The_Gun » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:45 am

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... -19255262t

Don't know anything about him and never seen him play, but if he's after first team football I'll pay for his cab to the UniBol myself.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3565
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by malcd1 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:11 am

The_Gun wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:45 am
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... -19255262t

Don't know anything about him and never seen him play, but if he's after first team football I'll pay for his cab to the UniBol myself.

That's a broken link.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

The_Gun
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 845
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 9:54 am

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by The_Gun » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:45 am

malcd1 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:11 am
The_Gun wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:45 am
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... -19255262t

Don't know anything about him and never seen him play, but if he's after first team football I'll pay for his cab to the UniBol myself.

That's a broken link.
Hmm... I took it from the BBC's Gossip column. See if the below works:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... t-19255262

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10153
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:19 pm

Never heard of him but I would take him in a flash!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24912
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Summer 2020 transfers

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:24 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:19 pm
Never heard of him but I would take him in a flash!
He says he wants to go out on loan to help him position for first team action at Liverpool...We have a strong record on sending first team keepers to Liverpool :-)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests