Evatt has a bag of Revells to contend with. Who'll turn up? Stevenage Away 21/11/2020 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Evatt has a bag of Revells to contend with. Who'll turn up? Stevenage Away 21/11/2020 3pm

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:00 pm

Hopefully the start of a good week. This time next Saturday we could be right up there with the chasing pack. Evatt wins manager of the month then it all goes ttis up in December.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Evatt has a bag of Revells to contend with. Who'll turn up? Stevenage Away 21/11/2020 3pm

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:03 pm

Yep, feels like the last couple of games are the springboard and we really shouldn’t be looking over our shoulder. First half spot on. Probably would have stuck Darcy on myself rather than Isgrove but no complaints really in how we set up. Doyle starting to fire - feels like it’s slowly coming together...no coincidence it’s since the keeper has changed.

BTW Southen canceled their game with the Rona - Fair chance we won’t play them next weekend.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:06 pm

Has anyone spoken with Doncaster to see if it's okay?

Surely we have to be awarded the win or they have to play their kids, etc, blah blah blah.

Hope their squad doesn't get dessimated by it.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:13 pm

Made that far harder than we needed to. Our more experienced players making some awful passes/choices (Delf, Sarc, Crawford).

When we attack and move the ball quickly we look way too good for sides like this. Unfortunately too often we're too pedestrian and cautious.

Still a wins a win. Particularly away from home where we've been poor for so long.

Jones MotM today.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:13 pm
Made that far harder than we needed to. Our more experienced players making some awful passes/choices (Delf, Sarc, Crawford).

When we attack and move the ball quickly we look way too good for sides like this. Unfortunately too often we're too pedestrian and cautious.

Still a wins a win. Particularly away from home where we've been poor for so long.

Jones MotM today.
Slightly harsh. We looked comfortable most of the time. We could have killed it off but definitely we at times make the wrong choice in the last third but I guess if we didn’t we’d win every week.

The lack of concentration for their goal was poor and I’d like that to be stamped out. Doesn’t rely on quality just relies on not being sloppy at all.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:29 pm

Hopefully the best is yet to come. A reincarnation of 96/97 post January when we sign a keeper and left wing back would do nicely 👍🤣

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:33 pm

Huge three points and some good football, but still a bit concerning that we’re having to hang on like that vs one of the worst teams in the league.

If we can finish the year in the top half then hopefully we can address some of the glaring holes in our squad in Jan. I’m currently shitting it that Sarce or Tutte are gonna get injured over the next few games.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:39 pm

I’ll wager not many clubs in the league could cope with losing Sarcevic. I had a defensive mid pretty high up the ‘want’ list a few weeks ago. Bet not many others have a back up with Comleys CV - albeit he has clearly not cut it so far.

Deffo need a keeper and a left sided player. Not sure how many more we can carry without moving some on.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:42 pm

If they'd equalised I'd also be pissed off at the finishing from our strikers. We had 5 decent opportunities and scored twice.

The whole last 5 minutes in the corner was down to this.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:44 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:39 pm
I’ll wager not many clubs in the league could cope with losing Sarcevic. I had a defensive mid pretty high up the ‘want’ list a few weeks ago. Bet not many others have a back up with Comleys CV - albeit he has clearly not cut it so far.

Deffo need a keeper and a left sided player. Not sure how many more we can carry without moving some on.
See Evatt's quotes this morning (they're in the new transfer thread) - "three or four" because the kids don't count toward embargo, but only if we're up the top end so the board don't see it as wasted money.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:46 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:42 pm
If they'd equalised I'd also be pissed off at the finishing from our strikers. We had 5 decent opportunities and scored twice.

The whole last 5 minutes in the corner was down to this.
That 3 on 3 late on – as soon as (?)Isgrove(?) passed to Doyle who was drifting left I thought it was the wrong choice. Play to Sarce, who's on the overlap and thus favouring his stronger right foot; he will also, as demonstrated for Brockbank's disallowed goal at Cambridge, usually pass* if it's the better option, whereas Doyle is a striker and thus greedy. His shot was awful.

*We'll ignore that chip the other night for the sake of argument (my argument)

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:53 pm

officer_dibble wrote:

Regardless of Comley’s CV, he’s been shite and White hasn’t been much better. We’re in a situation where we pretty much have to play Sarce and Tutte every game or else take a huge hit in the quality we have in the middle of the park. If we have ambitions of challenging for playoffs we need a viable third man.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:56 pm

Also how many more points would we have picked up if we’d played Gilks from the start of the season? No way we’d have won today with Crellin in goal.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:56 pm

News in,

Keith Hill is close to becoming the manager of Tranmere.

Carlsberg don't do Saturdays but if they did.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:57 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:56 pm
Also how many more points would we have picked up if we’d played Gilks from the start of the season? No way we’d have won today with Crellin in goal.
Dunno, I reckon he'd have got to their goal.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:01 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:56 pm
News in,

Keith Hill is close to becoming the manager of Tranmere.

Carlsberg don't do Saturdays but if they did.
Was just about to post this!
My Tranmere mate is livid. Was obviously delighted until he heard that. :lol:

Was at their game today.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:07 pm

Confirmed

:laugh:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:09 pm

They won 5-0 today however I doubt the players were playing for their places, more a show of look what we can do, we don't need him.

I think it'll be the best early Christmas present ever.

edit:

DECK THE HALLS WITH BOUGHS OF HOLLY

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:15 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:53 pm
officer_dibble wrote:

Regardless of Comley’s CV, he’s been shite and White hasn’t been much better. We’re in a situation where we pretty much have to play Sarce and Tutte every game or else take a huge hit in the quality we have in the middle of the park. If we have ambitions of challenging for playoffs we need a viable third man.
Mate I don’t disagree but I reckon most clubs in this league have a Tom White as back up midfield not a Comley. As other teams pick up injuries their squad strength will show.

I suppose what I’m saying is if I was paying the wages I would be asking Tobias to shift at least one of those two before signing another. We’ve no cup football.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:16 pm

Keith Hill eh
I knew he wasn’t a proper Boltonian