Is Salford City an away fixture? Sat Feb 6th 3-0'clock

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Is Salford City an away fixture? Sat Feb 6th 3-0'clock

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:35 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:21 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:18 pm
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:13 pm
On the bright side, by Tuesday we're gonna be two and a half weeks unbeaten...
And packed with more content than wiki. [citation needed]
:lol:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:37 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:16 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:09 pm
If it was doubtful why didn’t they flip it to our ground? It’s not like there is a home advantage is there?
The bit about home advantage. They're 6th in the Home game table and 12th in the Away. They might see that as advantage. Strangely enough we're 18th or so at home and 13th away...
We’re shite at home! Should of had a word this morning and flipped it. Mansfield will deffo have to look elsewhere pretty soon.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:37 pm

Ah well, Six Nations it is then. :( Oh, TV signal is on the blink now. ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:37 pm
Not a fan of the angry cuddling, but a work colleague asked if I would watch Burnley-Brighton instead. Er, no?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:09 pm

ver gaffer:
We all wanted the game on but you can see with your own eyes that the pitch just isn’t playable.

We're in the lap of the gods with the weather at the minute but you could see by the roll and bounce of the ball, it just wasn’t happening. A team like us that try to play football, it was just going to be a complete lottery, especially as there's more rain forecast. The referee has made the right call, I think.

I know Richie Wellens well and when I got here today I went out to look at the pitch I went back in to say him and said ‘I’d be amazed if this game is on.’ Richie said: ‘Really? I've been told all day it would be on but I’ve tried not to get involved myself.'

The ref said he was looking at the pitch at 1.45pm and to be fair to the Salford ground staff they put a good shift in to try and get the game on, they were doing their best.

But, for me, we’d have been better off tossing a coin on a pitch like that to decide who wins, you couldn’t play football on it. And the conditions were only going to get worse because the forecast is heavy.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... ord-pitch/

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:11 pm

There’s a quote doing the Twitter rounds about Kieron Lee self isolating as well...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:14 pm

Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:39 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Not a fan of the angry cuddling, but a work colleague asked if I would watch Burnley-Brighton instead. Er, no?
Haha. I remember meeting my now ex s-i-l's new fella up in Glasgow for the first time around 35 years ago, I mentioned that I wouldn't mind taking a game in whilst up there, only to be told we couldn't because Celtic were away up at Pittodrie. My suggestion that we simply go watching Rangers instead wasn't welcomed one jot. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:49 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:14 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Haha. I remember meeting my now ex s-i-l's new fella up in Glasgow for the first time around 35 years ago, I mentioned that I wouldn't mind taking a game in whilst up there, only to be told we couldn't because Celtic were away up at Pittodrie. My suggestion that we simply go watching Rangers instead wasn't welcomed one jot. :D
Ha! No Partick-ular place to go...? :mrgreen:

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:08 pm

Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:49 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Not unless one of you was queen of the south.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:11 am

Tootling back up the M62 and M61 to Lostock, Ian's on the phone to Ilesy worrying about a pile-up – of fixtures.
The fixture list is becoming more and more difficult to set out. We’ve got a lack of available Tuesdays now where we’re going to have to fit this in and my fear is if we have any more and the weather forecast from what I understand is bad again this week, if we have any more postponements, then are we going to the stage where we’re going to be playing Saturday-Tuesday-Thursday? I don’t know. Hopefully not and obviously we’ve got the benefit of great facilities at the UniBol, so fingers crossed we can get these next two games on and then look at fitting in the ones that have been cancelled.
I mean, it's less than ideal but it's far from disastrous. Bolton have played 25 games – only Mansfield Drowned (24) and Windy Old Carlisle (23) have played fewer – but we still have six free midweeks left:

• Tue 16 Mar
• Tue 23 Mar
• Tue 30 Mar
• Tue 13 Apr
• Tue 27 Apr
• Tue 4 May*

No D4 clubs are left in the FA Cup or League Cup, and only Tranmere (who've played 26 league games) are left in the Sherpa Van. I reckon we'll be alright.

*Last midweek of the season, and on this occasion it's the 28th anniversary of Julian Darby's goal beating Stoke and us overhauling Port Vale to reach the automatic promotion slots in Rioch's first season. I remember it rather well, as it was my 19th birthday. If that fresh-faced fella knew what was to come...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:21 pm

Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:49 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Well, being as you ask, Firhill it was for Partick Thistle vs Airdrie. My host told me, quite excitedly, about a young fella signed to play up front by Airdrie and who'd scored a hat-trick for them in each of his first three games (this was to be his fourth) The striker, a young Owen Coyle missed the game through injury. The game itself was a 1-1 draw, Partick scoring in the first minute with Airdrie equalising in the 90th. What lay in between was beyond a shadow of a doubt the most tedious game of football I've ever seen. 🙂

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:15 pm

Game rearranged for Tue 13 Apr, making three successive three-game weeks (Easter Monday is 5 Apr).

I suppose theoretically there's also the chance fans will be back in by that time, but I wouldn't hang a hat on it. (Home only too, presumably, but that might not deter some...)

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:04 pm

Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:15 pm
Game rearranged for Tue 13 Apr, making three successive three-game weeks (Easter Monday is 5 Apr).

I suppose theoretically there's also the chance fans will be back in by that time, but I wouldn't hang a hat on it. (Home only too, presumably, but that might not deter some...)

The govt is telling me to not even think about booking my holidays in Salford this summer. No chance, theoretical or otherwise, fans will be back in grounds this season.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:25 pm

^^ I will be having my holidays in Salford...

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:52 pm

I wouldn't be certain any Government advice not to book your holidays in Salford is anything to do with Covid, to be fair.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:47 pm

Does Hapless Shapps even count as the government? I mean, it’s not like they’ve changed their kinds before...

(Still not hanging my hat on it, as originally advertised)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:18 am

nicholaldo wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:52 pm
I wouldn't be certain any Government advice not to book your holidays in Salford is anything to do with Covid, to be fair.
:lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:44 pm

Salford's game tomorrow at Bradford's off due to the kip of the pitch. They'll be playing two games a day in April 😁

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:56 pm

I must confess when we had that glut of postponements I looked at the table thinking at least we’ll have a load of games in hand...nope we were 20th and had played as many as most! Think the fixture list is going to be carnage for a few now.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:18 pm

Look at Carlisle, loads in hand. That what happens when they're practically beyond the wall, wildling country. How does Scottish football even happen?
I imagine the more embarrassing and juvenile of our fans will be on Twitter talking down to fans of clubs 15 points ahead of us about how massive we are with our heated pitch.