Will the wheel drop off? Barrow (h) 27/02/21 15:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will the wheel drop off? Barrow (h) 27/02/21 15:00

Post by Prufrock » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:59 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:56 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:47 pm
In 80 minutes their keeper has barely had a save to make. Where is the tempo and impetus? For me it’s disappointing this when we are on a good run. Want to see us play like we mean it not knocking it round the back aimlessly. Sometimes you just need to push things. For me we’ve not done nearly enough. Could be costly come the end of the season. Still not seeing a side that is determined to go out and win these games.

Haha you don't half talk some shit.
We were shite today. Anyone who doesn’t see that hasn’t got a clue. The performance was wank. We got lucky at the end. Lucky. I don’t care so long as we win. But my post was absolutely spot on and I’m prepared to defend it to the absolute hilt. We got out of jail. But did we deserve it? No.
No one is going to argue we played well. I'd argue we just about deserved it on the balance of the 90 but with their penalty shout out could of course have gone the other way.

But this team that isn't "determined to win these games" has won 5 in a row, with 3 of the last 4 won by 80+ minute goals, one of which involving coming from 2-0 down.

Absolute bullshit man :lol:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:00 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:58 pm
Never a pen for them btw
Look like a foul to us, for me :oops:
Same, MJ dallied a bit but he was playing the ball.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:06 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
In 80 minutes their keeper has barely had a save to make. Where is the tempo and impetus? For me it’s disappointing this when we are on a good run. Want to see us play like we mean it not knocking it round the back aimlessly. Sometimes you just need to push things. For me we’ve not done nearly enough. Could be costly come the end of the season. Still not seeing a side that is determined to go out and win these games.

We were shite today. Anyone who doesn’t see that hasn’t got a clue. The performance was wank. We got lucky at the end. Lucky. I don’t care so long as we win. But my post was absolutely spot on and I’m prepared to defend it to the absolute hilt. We got out of jail. But did we deserve it? No.
Oh give it a rest you determinedly miserable shitehawk. Try to enjoy a late goal - or at least let others. You're a black hole of misery and, like all of them, you want company and attention.

Screenshot 2021-02-27 at 16.59.14.png
You know someone can be absolutely delighted whilst not losing all sense of their critical faculties don’t you? We had 72% possession yet according to the stats each side created 1 clear cut chance each. Says it all. We won. We didn’t deserve it. Who cares? My post isn’t in any way invalidated by a very late goal. That was my point. I don’t want to see us play like that anymore. When we play quicker we look a good side. When we are aimlessly knocking it around we look shocking. It’s simple, don’t do it.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:08 pm

I think people are underestimating how well barrow played. Their two centre halves were magnificent. We were too patient but fair play to them for keeping such a good shape.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:08 pm

Do you want a brew Mr Insano?
Last edited by sonicthewhite on Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:08 pm

Div 2 manager of the month meeting will be the shortest one ever.
Crap game and we looked devoid of ideas as to how to break them down, in my opinion Barrow got what they deserved they came for a 0-0 and almost got it. That is a massive result. Roll on Tuesday.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:08 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:03 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Are you probably right? Yeah. Do I agree with you? Nah. How many times have we done that to bigger and better teams over the years? I'm a firm believer in that you make your own luck and for once we did. All teams from the Prem to the Conference at some point come away with a result/s that don't reflect the balance of the game. Is it fair? Don't know, as nothing in life is fair. Lets just enjoy the 3 points and relish the fact we're in the play-off spots :pissed:
Don’t disagree with any of that at all. You win and take it and enjoy it. We easily might have drawn or lost but snatching games is a good thing. My point was merely we didn’t play well and really for a home game against Barrow you expect their keeper to be worked far more. I don’t enjoy watching us play like that it’s pretty awful stuff. But we won and are on a roll. Arguably without ever having actually played really at the peak of our capabilities. That’s a great thing. Just keep going. And stop the sideways stuff.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:02 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Do they call that Fergie time?

Totally undeserved but as they say, when you win playing poorly there is something in it.

Gary Henshaw needs to be told to shut up as I didn't celebrate that goal with his persistent calls for offside. Take a look at the linesman you dick.
It was embarrassing that. He said offside before he even hit it so I didn’t celebrate either. Then realised Henshaw was a moron so my iPad ended up across the room in delayed triumph.
Me too. Man's a f**king moron.
It's our equivalent of VAR. Realising we have in fact scored a goal when that idiot says "well it certainly *looked* offside"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

Totally undeserved but as they say, when you win playing poorly there is something in it.

Gary Henshaw needs to be told to shut up as I didn't celebrate that goal with his persistent calls for offside. Take a look at the linesman you dick.
It was embarrassing that. He said offside before he even hit it so I didn’t celebrate either. Then realised Henshaw was a moron so my iPad ended up across the room in delayed triumph.
I sat here feeling sorry for Miller as he was busy celebrating a goal which he didn't know hadn't been given, based on what Henshaw had me believe, the rank amateur prick!
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:09 pm

And yea sooner I can celebrate those in a fecking ground rather than waiting for blind man henshaw to take what sounds like his last gulp of oxygen before he concludes it really was a goal, the better!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:10 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:08 pm
I think people are underestimating how well barrow played. Their two centre halves were magnificent. We were too patient but fair play to them for keeping such a good shape.
Yep. We were a long way from good but we were ok. They defended excellently for 92 mins.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:10 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:08 pm
Div 2 manager of the month meeting will be the shortest one ever.
Crap game and we looked devoid of ideas as to how to break them down, in my opinion Barrow got what they deserved they came for a 0-0 and almost got it. That is a massive result. Roll on Tuesday.
I hope the Bradford lads or Morecambe s man gets it!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:09 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

I sat here feeling sorry for Miller as he was busy celebrating a goal which he didn't know hadn't been given, based on what Henshaw had me believe, the rank amateur prick!
:lol: same, sat here wallowing in dramatic irony waiting for Miller's face to fall.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:13 pm

Is it time to give Doyle a rest? Miller I guess could be our Solskjaer. Might be better off the bench. Doyle today was not good and I fear he’s tiring. Not easy playing up too on your own all season. Good that bench can now impact games.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:13 pm
Is it time to give Doyle a rest? Miller I guess could be our Solskjaer. Might be better off the bench. Doyle today was not good and I fear he’s tiring. Not easy playing up too on your own all season. Good that bench can now impact games.
I'd agree with the fact that Doyle may need a rest.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:14 pm

Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:05 pm
Iles: "The goal came from Gnahoua's cross. Delfouneso had a swipe at it and it broke to Miller. Wow."

So that's three subs involved again...
Well he might need to go on a course. Gnahua had the last touch before Miller though it was less of a swipe and more of an awful first touch for himself :D

Seen a replay and I don't think it was a pen for them. Their guy knows MJ is going to swipe at it and tries to nick it first bit thankfully MJ realised and pulled out I think without making contact.

Can't wait until we develop the determination to win games, we'll be some team then!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Delf or Dapo would be my next options. Physical presence or pace in behind. Miller can keep doing what he's doing!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:17 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:15 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Delf or Dapo would be my next options. Physical presence or pace in behind. Miller can keep doing what he's doing!
I’d like to see what we look like with one of them up front. Agree Miller probably best from bench.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:19 pm

It's amazing how the stats can totally misrepresent the game.

If you look then we appear on paper to deserved the last-minute winner as we've dominated the game however, we all know that we weren't the best. I agree with DSB that Barrow were superb at the back and had that been us against a better team we would be applauding it.

I know it's little comfort as it could have been different but we've just got 3 points without breaking into a sweat.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:06 pm
You know someone can be absolutely delighted whilst not losing all sense of their critical faculties don’t you?
Not from a decade of listening to you, no. Not on either score. :lol:

I'm sure you were very briefly happy when we scored, but then you regained your determination and preference to being right over being happy. That, I will never agree with.

What sort of person reacts to a last-minute winner (which gets us into the play-off spots) by saying "We were still shit"? What sort of person is that?