The athletics/running thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:24 pm

40 sit-ups, 60 crunches and 100 squats leaves me
25 sit-ups
45 crunches and
65 squats for tomorrow.

🖕

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:49 pm

Caught up. And another 7 miles run under my belt. 😊

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:08 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:49 pm
Taking your running kit on work trips?! That is hard core! I’d see it as a great excuse to skip a run!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:16 pm

Missed the last three days. Not been in the best frame of mind tbh. Went out for a run, slow miles, and for the love of god if this leg problem go soon i'll saw the bastard off myself.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:31 pm

Squeezed in a 3.5 mile run and today’s abs workout (switched from yesterday) between work and the match. I really should have left more than 30 mins between the two! Still, it’s an easy day tomorrow!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:37 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:08 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:49 pm
Taking your running kit on work trips?! That is hard core! I’d see it as a great excuse to skip a run!
Literally nothing else to do. St. Andrew's in lockdown outside of the golf season is...…….dead.

Lots of American students though so.....yay! :roll:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:07 pm

Day 11 done
Yoga set too
Quickly followed by a 30km Team Time Trial on the indoor bike.

Quads are shot.....🥵

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:03 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:07 pm
Day 11 done
Yoga set too

Quads are shot.....🥵
Well done, I did a slow 3 mile run earlier (unlike some who sacked there’s off because of ☔️) just need to psyche myself up for the abs and squats challenge before bed!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:05 pm

Tried running today and...the leg just still can't hack it. Tight at the top of the hammy and tight behind the knee. Boo, etc. Looking forward to a weekend cycle, looking forward to the pools reopening.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:13 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:05 pm
Tried running today and...the leg just still can't hack it. Tight at the top of the hammy and tight behind the knee. Boo, etc. Looking forward to a weekend cycle, looking forward to the pools reopening.
Oh dear, a prolonged break from running is needed? The squats may be good for it. Strengthen the thighs a bit to take some pressure off the hamstring?!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:32 pm

Well I managed 65 squats all in a row but 40 sit ups and 50 crunches nearly killed me. Had to take a few short breaks! :oops:

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:54 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:13 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
Oh dear, a prolonged break from running is needed? The squats may be good for it. Strengthen the thighs a bit to take some pressure off the hamstring?!
More likely, although I had a prolonged break in January! Likely a case of doing too much too soon after an initial injury, my knee went funny over christmas, rested it (and ate and drank like a Regency prince for the next month) before going back to a 'normal' workload when it was better. Silly. And yeah, more rest needed. But at least before i had the pools to burn the energy in! :mrgreen:

The squats helped a lot actually, need to get back in that routine. The cycling has also helped as well, and that isn't painful.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:55 am

KeyserSoze wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:54 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:
More likely, although I had a prolonged break in January! Likely a case of doing too much too soon after an initial injury, my knee went funny over christmas, rested it (and ate and drank like a Regency prince for the next month) before going back to a 'normal' workload when it was better. Silly. And yeah, more rest needed. But at least before i had the pools to burn the energy in! :mrgreen:

The squats helped a lot actually, need to get back in that routine. The cycling has also helped as well, and that isn't painful.

I know an excellent Sports massage therapist in Barnet. Happy to give you the details. I used them for the last four years. May help to get a professional opinion?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:09 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:03 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Day 11 done
Yoga set too

Quads are shot.....🥵
Well done, I did a slow 3 mile run earlier (unlike some who sacked there’s off because of ☔️) just need to psyche myself up for the abs and squats challenge before bed!
Health & safety grounds to be precise. Very high winds.......and some rain. :oops:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:10 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:32 pm
Well I managed 65 squats all in a row but 40 sit ups and 50 crunches nearly killed me. Had to take a few short breaks! :oops:
Exactly the same with the squats for me. Crunches weren't too bad, but the sit ups! OMFG the sit ups! More than a few short breaks were had!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:40 pm

Todays was tough 45 situps, 60 crunches and 70 squats!

Looking forward to tomorrow

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:03 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:40 pm
Todays was tough 45 situps, 60 crunches and 70 squats!

Looking forward to tomorrow
Bloody hell. If you’re finding it tough.... 😬

About to do mine. 😫

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:29 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:55 am
KeyserSoze wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:

I know an excellent Sports massage therapist in Barnet. Happy to give you the details. I used them for the last four years. May help to get a professional opinion?
I may well take you up on that if that's ok. Preoccupied at the minute with finding a new flat so not in a position to act on it immediately, but I would be grateful.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:59 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:29 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:55 am
KeyserSoze wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:

I may well take you up on that if that's ok. Preoccupied at the minute with finding a new flat so not in a position to act on it immediately, but I would be grateful.
When you're ready.....

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:31 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Day 11 done
Yoga set too

Quads are shot.....🥵
Zwifting? That’s kept me going over lockdown as work pressures have meant I’ve generally not been able to get out and ride.