European Finals.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Re: European Finals.

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:15 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:58 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:49 am
Mourinho sacked by Spurs. Twitter reports suggesting it's because he refused to take training this morning, in protest at their ESL involvement. Good for him, if that's the case.
Keep up. I put that on the Spurs thread ten minutes ago :roll: :wink:
It was 5 mins actually. You clearly can't count. :wink:

Just came out of a meeting and didn't have time to check who had posted what, especially as mine is on the correct thread! 8)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:19 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:15 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mourinho sacked by Spurs. Twitter reports suggesting it's because he refused to take training this morning, in protest at their ESL involvement. Good for him, if that's the case.

Just came out of a meeting and didn't have time to check who had posted what, especially as mine is on the correct thread! 8)
Only on correct thread if that’s the actual reason he quit :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:22 am

Well this thread is about European Finals and the Spurs thread is about watching paint dry - which is probably as entertaining. This probably needs a thread of its own! :-)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:22 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:19 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Which it is, as my contacts tell me. :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:34 am

Think the reports that Mourinho going has anything to do with the ESL are wide of the mark - seems to be just a sacking.

If they have anything about them at all, all management and coaching staff from these 6 clubs should resign immediately. They won't though as they are on the gravy train too. Players should quit too.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:49 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:34 am
Think the reports that Mourinho going has anything to do with the ESL are wide of the mark - seems to be just a sacking.

If they have anything about them at all, all management and coaching staff from these 6 clubs should resign immediately. They won't though as they are on the gravy train too. Players should quit too.
6 days before a major cup final?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:53 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:49 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Looks that way. Its Spurs isn't it...

Final hopefully won't even happen anyway.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:59 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:22 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Your contacts! :lol: Mabel got her ear to the ground in the footballing world, has she?!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:00 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:49 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Let’s not call It major cos Spurs might win it. New manager syndrome and all that!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:27 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:59 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:22 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Your contacts! :lol: Mabel got her ear to the ground in the footballing world, has she?!

Mabel is a well respected football journo, i'll have you know!

We won't have long to wait either way, as Mourinho won't be able to keep his gob shut. That's if hasn't signed a NDA.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:37 pm

Mourinho gets reportedly £50M from being sacked. So lets just be clear - he's been sacked. IF this was a protest about the breakaway move he'd have had to resign and forfeit his pay off. Its clear and being reported by all credible journalists now that this was just a normal, run of the mill, sacking.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:08 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:

You may scoff but BP definitely has his ear to the ground.

Mainly because he's only 5ft 3 :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:37 pm
Mourinho gets reportedly £50M from being sacked. So lets just be clear - he's been sacked. IF this was a protest about the breakaway move he'd have had to resign and forfeit his pay off. Its clear and being reported by all credible journalists now that this was just a normal, run of the mill, sacking.
The figure of £50m seems to be his career pay offs to date. £16m and £24m are being bandied around for his latest one. A huge amount still, but surely he's accrued enough money to wave goodbye to this one on principle, if he as any? I'm not saying that he has gone on principle, but i'd rather wait for the facts to come out than rely on the resident forum know all telling me the 'facts'!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:19 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:08 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:

Prick! :lol:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:21 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:08 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:

Ha, that proper made me :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:33 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:19 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:37 pm
The figure of £50m seems to be his career pay offs to date. £16m and £24m are being bandied around for his latest one. A huge amount still, but surely he's accrued enough money to wave goodbye to this one on principle, if he as any? I'm not saying that he has gone on principle, but i'd rather wait for the facts to come out than rely on the resident forum know all telling me the 'facts'!
Yes you are correct re £50M. But the rumour he was leaving due to ESL came from a random Spurs fan twitter account. Since then a number of recognised paid football journalists have said this is not true. I wish it was true but not sure there is any real evidence at all to support it.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:36 pm

I mean, obviously it's an outrage but we've seen the direction of travel since the PL was formed. Even our own chairman attempted to introduce a PL2 so we'd always have squillions to continue to squander. The CL was practically a closed shop cartel as it was.

I hope the PL, UEFA and the EFL are all bold enough to threaten expulsion and stick to their guns. Yes, it will lead to less income for the rest of us but then wages will have to take a significant drop too if the TV money is going down.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:44 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:36 pm
I mean, obviously it's an outrage but we've seen the direction of travel since the PL was formed. Even our own chairman attempted to introduce a PL2 so we'd always have squillions to continue to squander. The CL was practically a closed shop cartel as it was.

I hope the PL, UEFA and the EFL are all bold enough to threaten expulsion and stick to their guns. Yes, it will lead to less income for the rest of us but then wages will have to take a significant drop too if the TV money is going down.
Gartside's plan was to re-distribute money more fairly and the top clubs opposed it. So not quite the same. He revised it to include relegation and promotion. It wasn't a good idea but in fairness he always said it was never going to be implemented but was about opening a discussion around how you could move away from a model dominated by the top 6 clubs and one where fear of relegation from the premiership drove decisions everywhere else. It was a bad answer but at least was posing the right questions.

The difference with the ESL is the top 6 clubs are saying they should have even more money, control of the competitions and even decide who is allowed to compete with them. Its abhorrent as opposed to a very misguided attempt to solve an impossible problem.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:51 pm

Aye, plenty justified criticism of the existing model and the way football is run and power allowed to accumulate and solidify, but this is a complete step change even from that. The lack of competition/jeopardy and an opportunity for others to compete is a joke.

It'll get binned off, but they'll come out with more money and more power.

Instead UEFA have decided to pointlessly dick about with the CL, and feck over the smaller European countries. Excellent
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:51 pm

Arsene knows.

(And also thinks it’s a bad idea!)
Attachments
ED58AECB-F189-4E05-96DA-13F49BE5EBD0.jpeg
ED58AECB-F189-4E05-96DA-13F49BE5EBD0.jpeg (328.52 KiB) Viewed 22693 times