Crawl over the finish line (please!) sat 8/5 @3pm on the Sky box

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Crawl over the finish line (please!) sat 8/5 @3pm on the Sky box

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 04, 2021 5:22 pm

^^ Not as good as the one where you get 3 in the first 30. I mean what's the world coming to. :-)

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue May 04, 2021 7:28 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:22 pm
^^ Not as good as the one where you get 3 in the first 30. I mean what's the world coming to. :-)
3 goals in 30 minutes. That was a good day. Struggling to remember the match though but I know we had an early 3 goal lead.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 05, 2021 9:03 am

T-minus 78 hours.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Wed May 05, 2021 12:36 pm

Mar wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:28 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:22 pm
3 goals in 30 minutes. That was a good day. Struggling to remember the match though but I know we had an early 3 goal lead.
Actually found out which one it was. It was a 4-1 win over Hull City in 2013 where we went 3-0 up within the opening 10 minutes.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 05, 2021 1:24 pm

This may have already been asked and apologies if so, but does anybody know how those of us who've binned Sky Sports off can get to watch it? I can get Sky Sports through NOW TV so maybe that's an option?
Otherwise it's going to be - break the Covid laws and pile round to my mate's place, avec tinnies! :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 05, 2021 1:39 pm

Yeah you just need a pass for now TV. They do daily, weekly and monthly depending how much else you want to watch. There are often new joiner codes etc for those who haven't used it before.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 05, 2021 2:19 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:39 pm
Yeah you just need a pass for now TV. They do daily, weekly and monthly depending how much else you want to watch. There are often new joiner codes etc for those who haven't used it before.
Ah, good stuff. I got set up with them for our telly game the other week so hopefully I'm pretty much good to go. Cheers.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 05, 2021 2:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 2:19 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Ah, good stuff. I got set up with them for our telly game the other week so hopefully I'm pretty much good to go. Cheers.
IIRC you get a 24-hour pass (assuming you go for the day rather than the week/month) so it might not be a bad idea to test that a wee bit before kick-off. I know I shall.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 05, 2021 2:49 pm

Sorry if it's been mentioned - I've not read through the thread, but apparently each club are getting £50k for this match being televised - I'd bet my house on it, that we'd have double that on iFollow subs... Bit of a financial kick in the teeth for us!

We can't even refuse!

Anyway, I'm less than confident about Saturday - I was convinced we'd get it over the line on Saturday, but the 2nd half was very lethargic. Didn't give a shit about the 2nd goal - The situation wouldn't have changed had it stayed 1-1 so I see why we pushed players up on the set-piece.

I'm not sure what I would change.. Dapo looks like he could be a matchwinner but never really delivers and Doyle's legs have stopped moving. 2 crucial players who look like the season has caught up with them. Lee is a huge blow if he's missing but Sarce is a big plus - We do look a more rounded team with him in there, albeit he may not be able to shine as much, if Lee isn't alongside him

Thommo has been encouraging, but I don't know if I trust him in, or out of possession in a game like this.

My heart says a 1-0 win, but my head says we'll lose 2-1 and then we're just hoping that Bradford can do us a favour, which I severely doubt
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 05, 2021 2:52 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 2:49 pm
Sorry if it's been mentioned - I've not read through the thread, but apparently each club are getting £50k for this match being televised - I'd bet my house on it, that we'd have double that on iFollow subs... Bit of a financial kick in the teeth for us!

We can't even refuse!

Anyway, I'm less than confident about Saturday - I was convinced we'd get it over the line on Saturday, but the 2nd half was very lethargic. Didn't give a shit about the 2nd goal - The situation wouldn't have changed had it stayed 1-1 so I see why we pushed players up on the set-piece.

I'm not sure what I would change.. Dapo looks like he could be a matchwinner but never really delivers and Doyle's legs have stopped moving. 2 crucial players who look like the season has caught up with them. Lee is a huge blow if he's missing but Sarce is a big plus - We do look a more rounded team with him in there, albeit he may not be able to shine as much, if Lee isn't alongside him

Thommo has been encouraging, but I don't know if I trust him in, or out of possession in a game like this.

My heart says a 1-0 win, but my head says we'll lose 2-1 and then we're just hoping that Bradford can do us a favour, which I severely doubt
Point of order - we might not say that should we lose this one and Morecambe only scramble a draw.....or Cambridge sprung a real surprise and lost...

Unlikely I know. I could see he rationale of keeping someone up and taking the risk - 2 though? Not so sure on that.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 05, 2021 2:56 pm

My presumption was that Morecambe will win this weekend, so a 2 point lead would be irrelevant, as even a point in our last match sees us 4th on GD - But yes, when you put it like that...
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 05, 2021 3:06 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 2:56 pm
My presumption was that Morecambe will win this weekend, so a 2 point lead would be irrelevant, as even a point in our last match sees us 4th on GD - But yes, when you put it like that...
At the time I felt like you it made no real difference. But as the days have passed I sort of think a point would have perhaps stopped the players from feeling so low and also potentially meant that unless Morecambe WIN we'd be up regardless of what we did. Of course we expect Morecambe to win but stranger things have happened. Hard to see Bradford winning there though but you never know might be a draw.

The psychology of Exeter's last minute winner is a bit unknown. Did it knock stuffing out of us OR is having to win helpful to us rather than potentially being stuck not knowing what we need to do as the minutes tick by?

Its a strange game because Bradford scored a very undeserved equaliser against us in the last minute and were at the time pushing for play offs themselves, since then they've fallen off the rails. But had we held on there for a few extra seconds we'd have gone into Exeter and Crawley needing a point and I suspect we'd have been able to scrape one against Exeter as even though we didn't play well on Saturday if we knew a point would do....Bradford now go to Morecambe with nowt to play for.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 05, 2021 4:17 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 2:31 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 2:19 pm
Prufrock wrote:
IIRC you get a 24-hour pass (assuming you go for the day rather than the week/month) so it might not be a bad idea to test that a wee bit before kick-off. I know I shall.
Yep, absolutely, mate. I spent that long fannying about last time that I missed the first 15 mintues, so yes, set up good and early.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 05, 2021 4:21 pm

boltonboris wrote:
On the face of it, absolutely. However, do we know what percentage the club receives from every Tenner paid to iFollow?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 05, 2021 5:30 pm

I've moved a couple of posts over to the Club Business thread to keep this one relevant to the match. Please, gentlemen, try to keep relevant ones to the correct thread to save confusion. Ta. :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed May 05, 2021 6:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 2:52 pm
boltonboris wrote:

We can't even refuse!

Point of order - we might not say that should we lose this one and Morecambe only scramble a draw.....or Cambridge sprung a real surprise and lost...

Unlikely I know. I could see he rationale of keeping someone up and taking the risk - 2 though? Not so sure on that.
Sadly it takes more than one in our team to score a goal.

I think it might have been one if Elbo had been on the pitch as he would have the speed to get up top.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed May 05, 2021 6:58 pm

Evatts a gambler isn’t he, said that himself. We’ll see. I certainly understood it on Sat but in must confess to only checking the league table today so it only dawned on me it had a downside!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 05, 2021 7:24 pm

I was fretting at the time! As I said in the match thread though I understand the choice. They'd sent everyone up as they needed the win, Gilks catches it and hits the pitch and it's a goal and we're up. And as well as he defends I'm not sure Doyle stops their centre back with a run at the back post. So hey ho. But ever since I've had horror visions of Morecambe drawing/Cambridge losing and it not being enough.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Wed May 05, 2021 7:59 pm

"horror visions of Morecambe drawing/Cambridge losing and it not being enough"
brrrrrrr

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Wed May 05, 2021 8:14 pm

I'm slightly perturbed by how low morale within the squad seems to be, or at least how low Evatt's comments seem to suggest it is.

Hopefully he can shake them out of it.