Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:28 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:19 pm
Went out on a walk with my mum tonight for the first time in ages. We were walking my dogs down the village high street (one each) as I had picked up a hose from a friends garden and was carrying that too and had just turned a very narrow corner (old village pavements a few feet across or non existent in some places) when a car revved its engine making a throaty noise and my rescue dog who mostly walks ok on the lead suddenly tugged my mum towards it (doesn’t like the noise of them or motorbikes and I hadn’t reminded her) she kept hold of him, bless her, but lost her balance and fell on the floor, thankfully onto the very narrow pavement and not into the road. She’s 65, in good health and has fine mobility but it did wind her and she’s pulled her shoulder. I feel awful. Could have easily ended in a trip to the vets, hospital, something worse happening. :cry: The spooky thing is I came back home and recounted it all to the rest of the family and son number 1 said “that’s strange, whilst you were out I imagined Grandma would get pulled over by the dog” :shock:
Mystic Jack!

You shouldn’t blame yourself. You weren’t to know. Hope your Mum is ok!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:59 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:28 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:19 pm
Went out on a walk with my mum tonight for the first time in ages. We were walking my dogs down the village high street (one each) as I had picked up a hose from a friends garden and was carrying that too and had just turned a very narrow corner (old village pavements a few feet across or non existent in some places) when a car revved its engine making a throaty noise and my rescue dog who mostly walks ok on the lead suddenly tugged my mum towards it (doesn’t like the noise of them or motorbikes and I hadn’t reminded her) she kept hold of him, bless her, but lost her balance and fell on the floor, thankfully onto the very narrow pavement and not into the road. She’s 65, in good health and has fine mobility but it did wind her and she’s pulled her shoulder. I feel awful. Could have easily ended in a trip to the vets, hospital, something worse happening. :cry: The spooky thing is I came back home and recounted it all to the rest of the family and son number 1 said “that’s strange, whilst you were out I imagined Grandma would get pulled over by the dog” :shock:
Mystic Jack!

You shouldn’t blame yourself. You weren’t to know. Hope your Mum is ok!
I am blaming myself!! I should have thought to warn her! She’s walked him alone before but usually around woods off lead, not on busy roads.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:00 pm

Back to school tomorrow for my children and back to work (also at a school) for me. I have to go in early to get tested. Tbh I’m not worried about going back, I teach primary age with no concept of social distancing but I’m just glad things are back to normal and feel the risks to me are minimal. I do feel for older colleagues with underlying health issues though. Probably a lot of anxious children and adults tonight. Hope anyone else returning or with kids returning are ok.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:48 pm

I'm.part of the testing team at ours. 1000 kids (out of 1600) in 2 days. Given the low infection rates and accuracy of the LF tests, there's statistically more chance of a false positive than a real positive. Waste of time really!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:57 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:48 pm
I'm.part of the testing team at ours. 1000 kids (out of 1600) in 2 days. Given the low infection rates and accuracy of the LF tests, there's statistically more chance of a false positive than a real positive. Waste of time really!
And the fact that kids can opt out of testing yet still come into school and spread it anyway? Waste of money and time. I honestly don’t know why they bother given how inaccurate they are. Anyway, my first one tomorrow and then I can grab some and do them at home instead apparently.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:26 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:57 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:48 pm
And the fact that kids can opt out of testing yet still come into school and spread it anyway? Waste of money and time. I honestly don’t know why they bother given how inaccurate they are. Anyway, my first one tomorrow and then I can grab some and do them at home instead apparently.

Complete and utter waste of time and money. 49% accuracy rate and as you say being optional, makes a complete mockery of the process. Have to start doing at home tests from tomorrow, for what it’s worth.Be aware that the instructions inside the at home kits are wrong. We’ve been given a separate set. Really instills faith in the government? 🙄

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:40 pm

Not tonight, but next Friday. Got my Covid vaccine appointment through this evening. Earlier then expected! Not massively looking forward to it, worried about side effects, but I guess it’s better then having Covid! They seem to be cracking through them at a fair pace now! Who’s had there’s?!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:14 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:40 pm
Not tonight, but next Friday. Got my Covid vaccine appointment through this evening. Earlier then expected! Not massively looking forward to it, worried about side effects, but I guess it’s better then having Covid! They seem to be cracking through them at a fair pace now! Who’s had there’s?!
All of us. We're all old, remember? 😉

Seriously, I wouldn't worry regarding the side effects. You're young(ish) and in decent nick 👌😊
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:24 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:

One down for me and Mrs BP. Miss BP having her second on Saturday. Bit of a sore arm was all I had, but I know plenty that’ve been worse. You’ll be reet. The bad side effects only last a week or so. 😉

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:33 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:14 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:

Seriously, I wouldn't worry regarding the side effects. You're young(ish) and in decent nick 👌😊
:D I read somewhere that side effects are more in the young and healthy as their body produces more antibodies or something in response to it? Probably why you lot were all ok! :wink: Also worse if you’ve had Covid (which I haven’t).

Anyway, it’s booked for the Friday evening so if I feel rough I’ll take to my bed for the weekend and Mr GG can sort the kids. In fact, even if I don’t feel rough that sounds quite a good idea! Might fake it :wink:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:31 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Not up here, this old fart is still waiting patiently. I think there must be a lot of younger folk in the health problems category up here :?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:15 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:31 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Not up here, this old fart is still waiting patiently. I think there must be a lot of younger folk in the health problems category up here :?
That'll be all the Buckie you're selling them. Think of the profits. ;)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:15 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:31 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

That'll be all the Buckie you're selling them. Think of the profits. ;)
We don't sell that much. They're either voddie/whisky/rum or cider/beer. But yeah, there's a modicum of booze sells around these parts :mrgreen:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri May 07, 2021 4:15 pm

Off for my first Covid jab today! Little nervous! Weirdly my sister has also had her first today and my mum and aunt both had their second today. They seem to be whizzing through them now.

And what’s going on in Bolton? It’s got double the cases of the entirety of West Sussex!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 07, 2021 4:47 pm

Got notified today, my second jab is due Tuesday next. Alpha Zeneca? was the first, but don't know about this one. Wife has had both hers with no real bad effects.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri May 07, 2021 7:13 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:47 pm
Got notified today, my second jab is due Tuesday next. Alpha Zeneca? was the first, but don't know about this one. Wife has had both hers with no real bad effects.
I think if you had Astra Zeneca before that’s what you will have again.

Just been jabbed. Arms not dropped off yet! 8)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri May 07, 2021 7:51 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:13 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:47 pm
I think if you had Astra Zeneca before that’s what you will have again.

Just been jabbed. Arms not dropped off yet! 8)

Popcorn GIF 😉

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat May 08, 2021 12:30 am

Took 2 days for my arm pain to kick in. Bloody hurt!
Other than that just felt a bit achy and grotty like when i had covid.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 08, 2021 9:33 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:30 am
Took 2 days for my arm pain to kick in. Bloody hurt!
Other than that just felt a bit achy and grotty like when i had covid.
I despair.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 11, 2021 3:53 pm

Sorted. Had my second jab today. Me and the wife have both had two each now.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?