What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri May 28, 2021 12:33 am

Just finished season 4. Goodness. A number of superlatives in Unforgotten's general direction. Haven't been captivated like that in a long time.

I note season 5 has already been announced, I do wonder with both excitement and trepidation where it goes from here.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 30, 2021 1:23 pm

Accepting the good recommendations on here, I watched the first two episodes of "Unforgotten", last night. it does tend to deviate in a lot of directions, but no doubt it will all unfold as it goes on. I'll persevere.. :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 31, 2021 8:04 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 1:23 pm
Accepting the good recommendations on here, I watched the first two episodes of "Unforgotten", last night. it does tend to deviate in a lot of directions, but no doubt it will all unfold as it goes on. I'll persevere.. :)
It does, Tango; thus throwing-up several plausible scenarios and a good few curved balls of course. Do stick with it, Fella. It's very good.
May the bridges I burn light your way

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:40 am

On search for another series to binge and started watching Hinterland on Netflix last night. An enjoyable first episode, but one wonders whether I should start branching out from brooding police investigation dramas.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:29 pm

Prime has some decent stuff.. The Boys in particular is gory, brutal fun and the 1st season especially was just brilliant

I've just stared watching something called Home Game on Netflix. A docu-series exploring unique sports, such as The Highland Games and Calcio Storico which is played exclusively in Florence. A tournament once a year. My word.. Wouldn't fancy being caught up in a game of that
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:25 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:40 am
On search for another series to binge and started watching Hinterland on Netflix last night. An enjoyable first episode, but one wonders whether I should start branching out from brooding police investigation dramas.
We're watching something called McMafia. Nothing to do with the Ice Cream Wars, not yet anyway, but all to do with a previously honourable Russian banker from a dishonourable family whose business hits the skids and is offered a way out. I've just simplified it enormously but haven't given owt away.

Commands the attention to keep up, but well worth the investment.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:09 am

Just finished the Danish version of The Killing. Quite enjoyed it, though the first season was 20 episodes 😳

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:48 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:09 am
Just finished the Danish version of The Killing. Quite enjoyed it, though the first season was 20 episodes 😳
I started that one, but I do tend to do other things at the same time as watching the box. So had the first 3 episodes on permanent rewind as I kept missing subtitled dialogue...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:06 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:48 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:09 am
I started that one, but I do tend to do other things at the same time as watching the box. So had the first 3 episodes on permanent rewind as I kept missing subtitled dialogue...
I tend to do that too :)

I'm so busy at work at the moment that I'm having to force myself to not work some evenings to get a break. Having to watch subtitles I've found is a good way to not distract myself with work.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:54 am

Watched 'Believe Me: The Abduction of Lisa McVey' last night.

A quite incredible, often disturbing (true) story about a girl with an extraordinary strength of character and presence of mind.

There are some horrible bastards about.

It's on Netflix - definitely worth your while watching.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:18 pm

I see there is a new Jimmy McGovern three-parter tonight for those in need of a pick me up.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:54 am
Watched 'Believe Me: The Abduction of Lisa McVey' last night.

A quite incredible, often disturbing (true) story about a girl with an extraordinary strength of character and presence of mind.

There are some horrible bastards about.

It's on Netflix - definitely worth your while watching.
My sister was on about that, sounds interesting will watch it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:14 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:18 pm
I see there is a new Jimmy McGovern three-parter tonight for those in need of a pick me up.
Aye, strong cast too. I've set the whatever the feck it is that records stuff these days. Well, I've set that. 😊

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:14 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
Aye, strong cast too. I've set the whatever the feck it is that records stuff these days. Well, I've set that. 😊
Don't know if any of you caught 'Time', by the way, but certainly worth your while watching the first ep on catch up if not.

Some superb acting from both Stephen Graham (of course) and Sean Bean, whose characters are both heading towards dark places.

Very intense and, though I've never set foot inside a prison I can imagine it to be a lot like this.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:50 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:
Don't know if any of you caught 'Time', by the way, but certainly worth your while watching the first ep on catch up if not.

Some superb acting from both Stephen Graham (of course) and Sean Bean, whose characters are both heading towards dark places.

Very intense and, though I've never set foot inside a prison I can imagine it to be a lot like this.
Yet

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:54 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:24 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:

Yet
Only to smuggle drugs and phones in for you. ;)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:54 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:

Yet

Don’t forget his poppers!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:46 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:56 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:

Yet

No need after my last stretch (so to speak)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:13 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:46 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:56 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:

Yet

No need after my last stretch (so to speak)

🤮

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:05 pm

Went to see The Father on Saturday evening. I can't tell you anything about it that you don't already know without in some way posting a bit of a spoiler, so I won't.

It's excellent, and the performances of Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Coleman are (to be expected really) are nothing short of superb.

I really recommend it.