CLUB BUSINESS/SUNDRIES ETC.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: CLUB BUSINESS/SUNDRIES ETC.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:05 am

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:59 am
What a weird prick.

Anyway, anyone who thinks Big Sam's "£100m stadium" is anything different in quality to the countless folk who've signed here over the past few years and talked about a "premier league training ground" is batty. It wasn't a valuation, it was a turn of phrase.
Someone once described Declan John as a potential £20M player. Where is that asset in the books? I'd suggest you start by finding a record of Ken's old number plates and go from there.....

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:59 am

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:59 am
What a weird prick.

Anyway, anyone who thinks Big Sam's "£100m stadium" is anything different in quality to the countless folk who've signed here over the past few years and talked about a "premier league training ground" is batty. It wasn't a valuation, it was a turn of phrase.
Of course it wasn't a valuation. It was pure bullshit, as was the amount he claimed was the club's debt.
You might like bullshit smothered in hogwash but I can't say I 've ever developed much of a taste for it.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:27 pm

I listened to Kieran Maguire on the LoV podcast recently and my limited knowledge of the situation seemed to concur with his view. The level of debt is not surprising not necessarily a concern but certainly something to watch. There isn’t enough information to know on some of the loads now problematic or otherwise they might be, but a basic assumption can be that most are likely to be rearranged rather than repaid. And the losses sustained considering the circumstances seem pretty reasonable.
[/quote]

It was honest of you Insane to admit to your limited knowledge but it was unnecessary. There's nothing Kieran Maguire likes so much as an audience with limited knowledge, the more limited the knowledge the more he likes it. He's the veritable embodiment of the maxim 'those who can do, those who can't teach'.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:08 pm

I'd advise those with the ability to do so to nip this in the bud and bring our visitor's stay here to a quick end. As Harry Genshaw has pointed out, this partictular poster has repeated the same routine on a number of forums - vague allusions to something revelatory without ever expanding on what it might be, all served with a healthy dollop of condescension towards those he feels are his inferior.

The motive behind it all is anyone's guess, but engaging with him really will be a waste of your time.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:44 pm

Gudnib wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:15 am
There's more work to be done to figure out where £8million of this has actually been paid out and whether the £7.3million spent on administration includes any payments to the Administrators or not.
Where do you think the players registrations are accounted for? These are usually in the Intangible Fixed Asset section of the Accounts...
[/quote]

You don't say. Has it occurred to you that Gudnib might have been a qualified accountant before you were in nappies?
[/quote]
Patronizing c*nt.

You still haven't answered the question.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:08 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:08 pm
I'd advise those with the ability to do so to nip this in the bud and bring our visitor's stay here to a quick end. As Harry Genshaw has pointed out, this partictular poster has repeated the same routine on a number of forums - vague allusions to something revelatory without ever expanding on what it might be, all served with a healthy dollop of condescension towards those he feels are his inferior.

The motive behind it all is anyone's guess, but engaging with him really will be a waste of your time.
Everyone then? :lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:21 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:08 pm
nicholaldo wrote:

Bollocks! My name is Ozymandias. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:36 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:08 pm
nicholaldo wrote:

Pretty much. :D

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:20 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:44 pm
Gudnib wrote:
There's more work to be done to figure out where £8million of this has actually been paid out and whether the £7.3million spent on administration includes any payments to the Administrators or not.
Where do you think the players registrations are accounted for? These are usually in the Intangible Fixed Asset section of the Accounts...
You don't say. Has it occurred to you that Gudnib might have been a qualified accountant before you were in nappies?
[/quote]
Patronizing c*nt.

[/quote]

You don't mean to say that I have unfairly judged you? That you weren't playing silly beggars and genuinely wanted to know where the £61,824 spent on player registrations could be found?

Now I have thought about that again and you know what, I still think you were playing silly beggars?

For anyone who is actually interested, the £61,824 can be found alongside the £5.9million spent on Goodwill and the £10million spent on Intellectual Property in the 2020 accounts that you can see here:

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history

I wonder what the £237K due to Ken Anderson has been booked down as. Goodwill? Intellectual Property?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:45 pm

Gudnib wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:20 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:44 pm
Gudnib wrote:
Patronizing c*nt.

[/quote]

You don't mean to say that I have unfairly judged you? That you weren't playing silly beggars and genuinely wanted to know where the £61,824 spent on player registrations could be found?

Now I have thought about that again and you know what, I still think you were playing silly beggars?

For anyone who is actually interested, the £61,824 can be found alongside the £5.9million spent on Goodwill and the £10million spent on Intellectual Property in the 2020 accounts that you can see here:

I wonder what the £237K due to Ken Anderson has been booked down as. Goodwill? Intellectual Property?
[/quote]

Can we have it listed down as a mistake and get it back? :D

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:08 pm

[/quote]

Can we have it listed down as a mistake and get it back? :D
[/quote]
Its a thought, Mar, and call me nitpicking if you like, but I'm more interested in where the EIGHT MILLION QUID has gone
Last edited by Gudnib on Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:53 pm

So where's your interest in the £10m asset gone? You know that one that isn't directly related to a bean
counted cost? Just woke up.have you? feck*.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:58 am

I hope you are not too hung over this morning, Worthy.

Sometimes I think its better not to spoon-feed or be too wordy and I thought I'd given you enough clues.

Anyway, for the benefit of those who don't know much about fair value accounting or tax, it would appear that FV have stuck a figure of £10million against 'intellectual property' to get a tax deduction should they ever make a profit and to write it off over 50 years to reduce the annual amortisation charge.

But if you've got a better idea, I would be interested to hear it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:12 am

Gudnib wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:58 am

Sometimes I think its better not to spoon-feed or be too wordy and I thought I'd given you enough clues.

Anyway, for the benefit of those who don't know much about fair value accounting or tax, it would appear that FV have stuck a figure of £10million against 'intellectual property' to get a tax deduction should they ever make a profit and to write it off over 50 years to reduce the annual amortisation charge.

No, that's it, so why three pages of trying to wind people up about what they've "spent it" on when you know they haven't other than you're just a wum? Making your MO plain to see has been fun, but can you fcuk off back to WW now?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:52 am

Oh you love to see it. Bien joué.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:01 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:12 am
Gudnib wrote:

No, that's it, so why three pages of trying to wind people up about what they've "spent it" on when you know they haven't other than you're just a wum? Making your MO plain to see has been fun, but can you fcuk off back to WW now?
Apart from being a bit on the unprofessional side, aren't you a bit out of your depth Worthy?
Maybe you could have a think about where the £8.1million has actually gone. Should I give you a fortnight, say?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:24 am

Gudnib wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:01 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:12 am
Gudnib wrote:

Apart from being a bit on the unprofessional side, aren't you a bit out of your depth Worthy?
Maybe you could have a think about where the £8.1million has actually gone. Should I give you a fortnight, say?
There's a time for professionalism. On a message board isn't it. Bell end.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:03 am

Worthy's clearly an individual out of his depth and seemingly with anger management issues. I suspect Biggish Dave on WW might be a bit out of his depth too but he, at least, hasn't been clutching at straws and playing silly beggars.

If Kieran Maguire hadn't been out of his depth, he might have noticed that the club and hotel debts (combined) were smaller in 2019 than they were, according to the administrators, in 2017. They weren't smaller, they'd actually increased by about £5million, but if you misstated the amount owed to Ken Anderson, that he in turn owed to the Eddie Davies Estate, they looked smaller. Even so an increase in debt of £5million over two years must have been amongst the lowest in the Championship where losses were running in aggregate to £300million per season.

Now then DSB, you seem to have accepted you are out of your depth but have you learned anything? Anything at all?
Its not true btw that ostriches bury their heads in the sand. Only humans do that.
Last edited by Gudnib on Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:24 am

Gudnib wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:03 am
Worthy's clearly an individual out of his depth and seemingly with anger management issues. I suspect Biggish Dave on WW might be a bit out of his depth too but he, at least, hasn't been clutching at straws and playing silly beggars.

If Kieran Maguire hadn't been out of his depth, he might have noticed that the club and hotel debts (combined) were smaller in 2019 than they were, according to the administrators, in 2017. They weren't smaller, they'd actually increased by about £5million, but if you misstated the amount owed to Ken Anderson, that he in turn owed to the Eddie Davies Estate, they looked smaller. Even so an increase in debt of £5million over two years must have been amongst the lowest in the Championship where losses were running in aggregate to £300million per season.

Now then DSB, you've accepted you are out of your depth but have you learned anything? Anything at all?
The question wasn't addressed towards me, but I've learned that you're a pathetic attention-seeker, pal.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:34 am

The question wasn't addressed towards me, but I've learned that you're a pathetic attention-seeker, pal.

[/quote]
The question wasn't addressed to you, no. But if there were any clubs in the Championship in both 2017/18 and 2018/19 with smaller losses than Bolton Wanderers I'd be interested to know which clubs. I don't mind who tells me so long as they know what they are talking about.