Tonight's Football

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Prufrock » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:30 pm

Hahahahahaha
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:36 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:30 pm
Hahahahahaha
We even got a mention! Last time they were 4-0 down at half time, at home...mighty Whites.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:41 pm

Christ alive. Who was on the coins then, Victoria?

To be honest, pre-game I'd have reluctantly gone for a United win (I can't stand the other lot either, and I'm a big fan of the Ole project) but if the ship is going down :lol:

They were genuinely lucky too. Maguire should've gone, Ronaldo could've gone and Liverpool took their foot off the gas for a full 40 mins.

My conclusion was that it was morally neural, but objectively hilarious.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:44 pm

Aye, was 70 years ago. :-)

Fernandes went over the top, too. They were lucky it wasn't 8.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:49 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:44 pm
Aye, was 70 years ago. :-)

Fernandes went over the top, too. They were lucky it wasn't 8.
Men, or goals :grin: ??

I was outside in the smoking area for that one, with my United mate who'd come along with 3 Bolton fans (+ a Chelsea).

There was also a maybe 6 year old Liverpool fan say a table along who took great glee in singing "is this a fire drill?" at the top of his voice.

What a day.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:01 pm

🤣🤣🤣

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:36 pm

Can’t stand Liverpool but let’s be honest there is nothing better than seeing United embarrassed in their biggest game of the season and their fans have to sit and watch a team in 3rd gear destroy them who are literally light years ahead of them having spent a fraction of the money they have.

It’s also brilliant to see Gary Neville squirm (though I quite like him) trying to explain why Solskjaer shouldn’t be sacked even when the whole world knows he’s an absolutely dreadful manager. The relegator of Cardiff wouldn’t even get the Bolton job if it were available tomorrow. Not sure he’d get a gig in league two. That’s how messed up it is. He’s spent the GDP of a small country and they are still dreadful.

Seeing Solskjaer on the verge of tears just made it better.

God I hope City do similar to them in a couple of weeks. Imagine that?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:02 pm

Was great to see but I'll be very surprised if OGS is still there tomorrow. Neville is a huge hypocrite if he's arguing that Solksjaer should keep his job, given how many managers Salford have got through during his time on the project. The worry is Utd may get someone else in who might know what they're doing.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:05 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:02 pm
Was great to see but I'll be very surprised if OGS is still there tomorrow. Neville is a huge hypocrite if he's arguing that Solksjaer should keep his job, given how many managers Salford have got through during his time on the project. The worry is Utd may get someone else in who might know what they're doing.
ZZ?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:06 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:05 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
ZZ?
Sorry to bore you! 😴

Conte was reported to have declared an interest in the job the other day
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:28 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Yeah Neville has said OGS is his mate so he can’t cal for his head. He also said he made mistakes sacking managers at Salford and clubs should be patient. But I don’t think he can really take on board that Solskjaer isn’t some top manager having a rough time. He’s literally a bloke that wouldn’t get a job at any other club in England’s top two divisions. And he’s spent a fortune without any result.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:41 pm

Watched Watford gub Man U on Saturday. If you haven't seen it, Watford get a penalty, their lad takes what to that point was the shittest penalty of the season, however, encroachment by both teams and the same lad re-takes it, only to 'hit' and even shitter penalty (basically the same as his first one only at a more convenient height for the goalie.

This lead the discussion onto 'the worst penalty you've ever seen'. My mate went with that one which Arsenal managed to make a dog's dick of, but this is still my favourite :)

May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:31 pm

Russell Coughlin for Blackpool in the Northern final of the SVT at Burnden in 89. Hit the Normid sign! 😂

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:42 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:31 pm
Russell Coughlin for Blackpool in the Northern final of the SVT at Burnden in 89. Hit the Normid sign! 😂
Sadly a gentleman who's no longer with us, but yes, who could forget this "shocking effort"? :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:27 pm

Is Omicron a bit choosey when it comes to football? Does it specifically target the elite?

I note that in today's FA Trophy, of the 31 games scheduled, including sides from Folkestone to Torquay, from Lancaster to Spennymoor and all parts in between, only three games have been called off as a result of 'other'. :conf:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:27 pm
Is Omicron a bit choosey when it comes to football? Does it specifically target the elite?

I note that in today's FA Trophy, of the 31 games scheduled, including sides from Folkestone to Torquay, from Lancaster to Spennymoor and all parts in between, only three games have been called off as a result of 'other'. :conf:
More testing in the PL and EFL apparently. We must be going for herd immunity in grassroots footy.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:28 am

Well I thought MOTD was great last night! No sitting through boring other matches trying not to fall asleep and an Arsenal win. What more could a girl want?! :grin:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:00 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:28 am
Well I thought MOTD was great last night! No sitting through boring other matches trying not to fall asleep and an Arsenal win. What more could a girl want?! :grin:

Did you see the goals second time around? 😂

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:53 pm

Toss up between Leeds and Newcastle as to which has the most horrific defence.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:14 pm

Lots of Owen Coyle about Leeds atm. Obviously a much better manager but a refusal to contemplate anything remotely resembling a plan B even when you don't have the players.

And Newcastle was insane. Two wingers alongside two Champo CBs. A striker in CM. Against City. Good luck.

This Spurs Liverpool game is belting.