creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:41 pm

I don't think it's fair to say they've "effectively found him guilty" of anything. The reason they have given, which seems fair to me, is that the racism story, and particular Yorkshire, is going to be discussed at length during the coverage and given he has been named in it (and the story had blown up and he's engaged) it would be a conflict to have him on when they need to discuss it. It's more like they've recused him.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:33 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:57 pm
So, the BBC has chosen to deselect Michael Vaughan from its Ashes coverage team.

It's not often I agree with Piers Morgan, but I'm inclined to here;

So let me get this straight … the BBC has effectively found
@MichaelVaughan
guilty of something he vehemently denies, but has no way to prove he didn’t do, after allegations from someone who spewed anti-Semitic slurs but hasn’t been banned by the BBC. How is this fair?
It’s a difficult one in that it’s such a big story and a lot of players including a current England World Cup wonder are accusing Vaughan of saying what he says he didn’t.

So it’s a tough one all round to handle. But given how embedded racism seems to have been in the club and Vaughan’s potential role and likelihood it will come up during coverage it probably was the only decision they could make.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:33 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:57 pm
So, the BBC has chosen to deselect Michael Vaughan from its Ashes coverage team.

It's not often I agree with Piers Morgan, but I'm inclined to here;

So let me get this straight … the BBC has effectively found
@MichaelVaughan
guilty of something he vehemently denies, but has no way to prove he didn’t do, after allegations from someone who spewed anti-Semitic slurs but hasn’t been banned by the BBC. How is this fair?
It’s a difficult one in that it’s such a big story and a lot of players including a current England World Cup wonder are accusing Vaughan of saying what he says he didn’t.

So it’s a tough one all round to handle. But given how embedded racism seems to have been in the club and Vaughan’s potential role and likelihood it will come up during coverage it probably was the only decision they could make.
We're also talking about a Club who wouldn't let anyone born outside the old county borders of Yorkshire, play for them, until 1992....(strangely that was to accommodate Vaughan)...hardly forward thinking.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:59 pm

Also, whilst considering our turmoil, I see Tim Paine has withdrawn his member from the Ashes, due to it being somewhat exhausted...

Cricket Tasmania pitched in with how badly treated he was, not that anyone denied he sent dick-pics around but given he was "exonerated" by a report into the matter....

Not just us needing to get our house in order, then.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:49 pm

8 days to the Ashes starting and only one warm-up match v England lions...All seems a bit bizarre - guess it's to do with COVID bubbles n the like. Could be a long 6 weeks...