Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:22 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:10 pm
Classic Granit :lol:
He’s a liability! :evil:

Still, super proud of the boys again. 10 men against Liverpool for most of the match and held out for a draw after they messed us around with their imaginary Covid cases and ‘threadbare squad’ last week! I said to my son I’d have taken a draw 11 vs 11. Going to the second leg next week. Was worried we would be starting 4-0 down, at least we still have a fighting chance! Heart was in my mouth for a good deal of the evening though. Not good for my blood pressure!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:13 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:06 pm
Blooming Covid. Not sure how Liverpool got away with the postponement request for the league cup semi final Thursday given they always play a weaker team out of choice anyway, but I was going to that and now it’s had a knock on effect for the league game end of month that I was also going to. Thankfully I can make still both but I do feel for fans who have made travel arrangements from far away to get to matches. I know Bolton have been worse hit that way then Arsenal, and maybe it’s better then just cancelling the season completely but not sure if it carries on when all these league games will end up being played.
Looks like if you can't beat 'em join 'em!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:13 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:06 pm
Blooming Covid. Not sure how Liverpool got away with the postponement request for the league cup semi final Thursday given they always play a weaker team out of choice anyway, but I was going to that and now it’s had a knock on effect for the league game end of month that I was also going to. Thankfully I can make still both but I do feel for fans who have made travel arrangements from far away to get to matches. I know Bolton have been worse hit that way then Arsenal, and maybe it’s better then just cancelling the season completely but not sure if it carries on when all these league games will end up being played.
Looks like if you can't beat 'em join 'em!
Well, other teams have had games postponed for less and we played at the start of the season with shed loads of players off with Covid!! If the FA are being consistent they will grant it us but I’m willing to bet they won’t!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:53 pm

Off to Arsenal tonight. Nervous. Only got one central midfielder available still and pretty threadbare in other areas too. Could be a long and cold evening. 🥶

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:13 am

Gabriel Jesus. Finally. Happy with this signing. Can’t score many less then Lacazette did last season so should improve our squad.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:10 am

He's a fab signing for you. But Spurs have recruited really well too :D

Chelsea going to have to spend a lot of money to stay where they are though. And God knows with United. Can't see any of you challenging City or Liverpool though.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:31 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:10 am
He's a fab signing for you. But Spurs have recruited really well too :D

Chelsea going to have to spend a lot of money to stay where they are though. And God knows with United. Can't see any of you challenging City or Liverpool though.
No, I don’t think anyone will come close to those 2 again next year. League of their own sadly. Funny to see how far United have fallen though.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:53 pm

I see Jack Wilshere has retired age 30. Shame for the lad. (Know he wasn't still at Arse, but seem like the best place forrit). Good luck to him, with whatever next.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:01 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:53 pm
I see Jack Wilshere has retired age 30. Shame for the lad. (Know he wasn't still at Arse, but seem like the best place forrit). Good luck to him, with whatever next.
Yes, real shame all his injuries, could have been one of the greats. Hope he gets a coaching role of some kind at the club. We have helped him with training last few years so still lots of links there and he’s a gooner through and through so a real fan favourite still.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:11 pm

Happy Arsenal fan tonight, far better start this season then last. Not getting carried away but pleased with our progress and can’t wait to get to The Emirates next week.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:21 pm

Nowt to beat at the minute! :-) But I think you'd always settle for 9 out of 9 first three games....

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:04 pm

Douglas Luiz scores direct from a corner for Villa against Arsenal. Now where have I seen that before? 🤔

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:00 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:21 pm
Nowt to beat at the minute! :-) But I think you'd always settle for 9 out of 9 first three games....
I’ll settle for 15/15 in the first 5 too even if they have been relatively ‘easy’ fixtures. Showing a bit of tenacity when we concede too. Definitely improvements from last year though I’m sure the bubble will burst at some point. Probably against United at the weekend! :evil:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:01 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:04 pm
Douglas Luiz scores direct from a corner for Villa against Arsenal. Now where have I seen that before? 🤔
Whilst Ramsdale was being wrestled to the floor :shock: :roll:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:28 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Exactly what I thought. Similar impediment to the goalkeeper but nothing untoward. I said at the time Dixon had no chance of getting it.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:29 am

Yeah, who taught him how to goalkeep...
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:05 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:28 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Exactly what I thought. Similar impediment to the goalkeeper but nothing untoward. I said at the time Dixon had no chance of getting it.
Is it not a foul though? I only saw it once and the Villa player isn’t trying to play the ball just block the Arsenal keeper from getting to it. Without the Villa player there who has little interest in the ball that’s not a goal….

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:04 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:05 am
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Is it not a foul though? I only saw it once and the Villa player isn’t trying to play the ball just block the Arsenal keeper from getting to it. Without the Villa player there who has little interest in the ball that’s not a goal….
Not for me, no. Goalkeeper should have tickled his balls in a Vinny Jones stylee........

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:13 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:04 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:05 am
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Not for me, no. Goalkeeper should have tickled his balls in a Vinny Jones stylee........
Probably not for me either but you seem to get fouls against the keeper for standing within 5 yards of them nowadays. So I’m sure someone is going to look at this and start instructing refs on it if Villa keep doing it. You could argue that it’s an impossible goal to stop if a keeper is blocked off like this and he can curl it in like that every time.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:24 am

Not sure in our case we were contending GK got fouled. Weren't we grumbling about whoever was scrabbling to get to the back post?