The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:44 pm

I see Boris 'Arthur Daly' Johnson has been caught out again pursuing the wishes of PM Carrie by assisting, which he claims he didnt do, the evacuation of the dogs from Afghanistan.
The bloke is a bad joke and wouldn't even make a certain thread on this forum.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:46 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:44 pm
I see Boris 'Arthur Daly' Johnson has been caught out again pursuing the wishes of PM Carrie by assisting, which he claims he didnt do, the evacuation of the dogs from Afghanistan.
You were warned and STILL you voted for him... :-)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:49 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:04 am
I'm just waiting for a few people unknown outside of number 10 to get a £200 ticket and a disciplinary...Under the bus they go!
And some of the list has just been published by Sky...

https://news.sky.com/story/downing-stre ... t-12525256

There's only one person that needs to go, they were all doing it on his watch, in his house and under his guidance...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:51 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:46 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Mate, give it a rest if Corbyn had got in or even worse the limp Dems after this time do you think I'd still be playing games?
Actually you sound like one of those weeping remainers who thought they were nailed on to win and cannot except they lost :D
Look I would string him and that stupid bint of his up tomorrow there are far more important things to be getting on with only not with a proven liar leading.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:56 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:51 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Mate, give it a rest if Corbyn had got in or even worse the limp Dems after this time do you think I'd still be playing games?
Actually you sound like one of those weeping remainers who thought they were nailed on to win and cannot except they lost :D
Look I would string him and that stupid bint of his up tomorrow there are far more important things to be getting on with only not with a proven liar leading.
I'm sure whoever got in, you'd be pointing at the democratic mandate they had from the electorate and that anyone who didn't agree was unpatriotic....

Oh.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:02 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

Steady on here, Worthy. I for one said that I would never vote for Johnson, but like many, many others, I did so in a vote against Corbyn.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:02 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

Steady on here, Worthy. I for one said that I would never vote for Johnson, but like many, many others, I did so in a vote against Corbyn.
Culpable...Then again, I just put "None of the above" on mine :-)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:06 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:56 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:51 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
I'm sure whoever got in, you'd be pointing at the democratic mandate they had from the electorate and that anyone who didn't agree was unpatriotic....

Oh.
There CLEARLY was a mandate for Brexit the rest of this stuff? No.
Johnson and his bunch of cronies have totally lost the plot to the extent I wouldn't be arsed if there was a general election in the next couple of month's just to shut some up. The thought of a drip like Starmer getting in is actually incredibly unlikely, folk like fatty 'lady' Nugent, lamentable permanent race card Lammy and boover boots Ange would see to that

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:03 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Mate, if that was an option then that's exactly what I'd have selected. BTW, and I seem to recall having discussed this with BWFC-I at the time, whenever I filled out one of those 'who should you vote for?' questionnaires, mine always came back as Lib Dem :?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:15 pm

Look - you vote for someone, elect them, that's the mandate...

Johnson never had a plot. He had an oven ready turkey (well about 17m of them to be fair)....

I'm not at all as convinced as Insano there isn't a choice to make, but around the current cabinet, they have Rees-Mogg, Truss, Clueless Nadine, Pritti useless

Zero point game...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:18 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:15 pm

Johnson never had a plot. He had an oven ready turkey (well about 17m of them to be fair)....

I'm not at all as convinced as Insano there isn't a choice to make, but around the current cabinet, they have Rees-Mogg, Truss, Clueless Nadine, Pritti useless

Zero point game...
Hang on are you saying you think that the Tories might be the better option at the next GE?

Or that some might think that?

The latter sure. But I think now Labour have established the centre ground. The Tories are off in the extremes somewhere and only likely to get more so with the ERG and CRG pulling the strings.

I’m not betting the mortgage on the Tories not winning but I think them losing is more than just a mere possibility. A year ago they were absolutely nailed on to win again.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Where was the vote for pack Corbyn and Johnson off to Timbuktu and bring some sanity back eh?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:07 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:03 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Mate, if that was an option then that's exactly what I'd have selected. BTW, and I seem to recall having discussed this with BWFC-I at the time, whenever I filled out one of those 'who should you vote for?' questionnaires, mine always came back as Lib Dem :?
I made it my democratic right by putting it on there meself, Brother Rioja! :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:32 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

Zero point game...
Set against Abbott? Nowadays set against Starmer, Ashworth, Rayner, Dodds, Lammy. BWFC-I claimed only last week that Labour has a strong front bench. He's fecking joking, no? Not that the Tories have a stronger front bench (with the exception of Sunak) British politics has never been in a worse place!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:19 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Where was the vote for pack Corbyn and Johnson off to Timbuktu and bring some sanity back eh?
Chuck in a dozen or so off both sides and I'd support you although Timbuktu is a soft option.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:32 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

Zero point game...
Set against Abbott? Nowadays set against Starmer, Ashworth, Rayner, Dodds, Lammy. BWFC-I claimed only last week that Labour has a strong front bench. He's fecking joking, no? Not that the Tories have a stronger front bench (with the exception of Sunak) British politics has never been in a worse place!
Starmer, Cooper, Streeting and Rachel Reeves are all without any question in my mind far better than anyone on the other side. That’s before we get to Nandy and Milliband.

I also think Ashworth and Lammy are both far better than their counterparts.

When the Labour front bench was Corbyn, McDonnell and Burgon and Abbott…sure.

Now I think it’s just prejudice taking over if you seriously don’t think labours front bench is more serious and competent than the Tories.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:39 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:37 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:19 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Chuck in a dozen or so off both sides and I'd support you although Timbuktu is a soft option.
Mate you’d need more than a dozen. Christ it is bad that was the choice.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:39 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote: Look - you vote for someone, elect them, that's the mandate...

Zero point game...
Starmer, Cooper, Streeting and Rachel Reeves are all without any question in my mind far better than anyone on the other side. That’s before we get to Nandy and Milliband.

I also think Ashworth and Lammy are both far better than their counterparts.

When the Labour front bench was Corbyn, McDonnell and Burgon and Abbott…sure.

Now I think it’s just prejudice taking over if you seriously don’t think labours front bench is more serious and competent than the Tories.
Pixie ears, namby cry baby Pamby and ............. MILLIBAND!!
COME on, you cannot be serious :lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:49 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Zero point game...
Abbott's not on Labour's front bench, nor in the Shadow Cabinet :-)

I agree, neither frontbench looks appealing. And to Insano's question no I wouldn't want the current incumbents either....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:02 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:49 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Zero point game...
Abbott's not on Labour's front bench, nor in the Shadow Cabinet :-)

I agree, neither frontbench looks appealing. And to Insano's question no I wouldn't want the current incumbents either....
Out of the choices which would you prefer? I’m pretty shocked that anyone wouldn’t clearly say Labours. Without them being brilliant. They are far better. It’s not Blair and Brown, it’s well short. But the alternative is so so bad it doesn’t warrant thinking about.

In my mind it’s like USA anyone but Trump. Even an old man.