Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:48 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:13 am
Not angry just slightly, possibly irrationally, annoyed. Took my youngest dog on the school run this morning. She’s a small to medium sized shaggy mongrel with a friendly face. Queuing to get into the playground and she sniffs the scooter of the pre schooler in front of us. Pre schooler cries out that there’s a dog and mum immediately lifts her up into her arms and says “sorry, she’s not used to dogs”. Now I’m in no way claiming to be an expert parent here, but surely rather then take her into your arms fulfilling the thought that dogs are something to be scared of, why not crouch down with said child, ask if you can stroke the dog and show the child they are nothing to be worried about? People! :roll:
It'll have been you tattooed forearms that did it. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:07 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:40 am
Nothing really unusual there G.G. As a child I was terrified of a relation's Alsatian and no amount of persuasion would get me near it. It wears off, like most things, with time. I think the woman reacted like most mother's would. Child first...
I have to confess there are still some breeds of dog that if I see off a lead I will do my best to avoid.
Aye, me too. A dog's behaviour is usually an indication of their owners mind-set, although they are still dumb animals end of day and behave as nature intends. Our Alfie,a harmless little Shi htzu about 12 inches high, (sadly departed now) was marvelous with kids who all loved him, but let another dog appear, regardless of size; Yorkshire terrier or Rottweiller, and he was off into attack mode. Way of life.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:06 am

It would appear that in a report finally released by the home office up to 300 boat arrivals have simply disappeared including two who where supposedly on intelligence watch lists.
Add to this that a certain number were caught with weapons, guns/knives on arrival it seems pretty useless is doing a sterling job keeping our borders safe.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:25 am

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:06 am
It would appear that in a report finally released by the home office up to 300 boat arrivals have simply disappeared including two who where supposedly on intelligence watch lists.
Add to this that a certain number were caught with weapons, guns/knives on arrival it seems pretty useless is doing a sterling job keeping our borders safe.
Has she Tweeted this week's grandstanding solution yet? She seems to have a new one every week - each one a little more ridiculous than the last, and every single one of them a non-starter.

Has their been a more ineffectual cabinet member in our lifetime (from either side)?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:37 am

Hoboh wrote:
It doesn’t seem that hard to me to establish some proper secure holding camps (not as punishment but to work out who is who) whilst we process applications and make decisions on people coming in. Then we let those who pass asylum in and send the rest back.

It’s not beyond the wit of man. Instead of some grandstanding Rwanda policy nonsense why haven’t we just done this?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:39 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:25 am
Hoboh wrote:
Has she Tweeted this week's grandstanding solution yet? She seems to have a new one every week - each one a little more ridiculous than the last, and every single one of them a non-starter.

Has their been a more ineffectual cabinet member in our lifetime (from either side)?
Sure. Half a dozen or more in the current government. The bar is so low it’s embarrassing.

I’m amazed she didn’t run for leader though.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:51 am

Aye don't think she's even nearly the worst. Which is...not ideal. Dominic Raab says hello.

Home office is a shit show tbf. It's too big.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:17 am

Feck me, we had Robert Jenrick running Housing....Basically spinning many different ways to build £500k houses for the Tory donors, to "solve the housing crisis" - you couldn't make it up.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:48 pm

We'll have to disagree, as I can't remember anyone promise/threaten so much yet deliver absolutely not a single jot of it, on anything (and I include Johnson's bus).

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:48 pm
We'll have to disagree, as I can't remember anyone promise/threaten so much yet deliver absolutely not a single jot of it, on anything (and I include Johnson's bus).
In a field as large as the Grand National, she'd certainly by up there with the favourites, mate. :-)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:20 pm

Apparently, Rwanda has hostel space currently available for just 200 immigrants....that'll solve everything then! I wonder how much we've spent in court fees on the public tab....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:36 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:20 pm
Apparently, Rwanda has hostel space currently available for just 200 immigrants....that'll solve everything then! I wonder how much we've spent in court fees on the public tab....
Last month's flight of six people out of an expected 37 cost £500,000. On top of that, and bear in mind there were several challenges, we again have the legal costs (ballpark figure, Pru?).
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:00 pm

Tough to say as everyone seems to have been pretty hush on exactly what challenges there were. Ball park £10-20k for the govts own costs on each claim (that's barristers on cheaper Govt rates they do because the work is interesting and steady and guaranteed to be paid, but not including govts own in-house lawyers on salary). Probably a bit more again if they had to pay the claimants' costs, though immigration work is dreadfully paid (but not legal aided any more) and there are no costs awarded in the immigration tribunal (no idea on ECtHR).

Swamping all that though is that reported £120m down payment we've made to Rwanda for the privilege of not sending anyone.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:02 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:20 pm
Each "export" has cost tax payer £670,000.00

So when Tories and their supporters say, "its not about Racism, or Xenophobia, it's because we can't afford to keep them hear" they are lying to you (of course)
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:31 pm

On what planet, do UK police, use pepper spray, a baton and a fcuking taser on a one legged, 93 year old in a wheelchair? Jesus wept!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:42 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:31 pm
On what planet, do UK police, use pepper spray, a baton and a fcuking taser on a one legged, 93 year old in a wheelchair? Jesus wept!
Planet Britain, 2022.

We're a year away from a full blown, fascist dictatorship

I'm waiting for the day when a protester gets a bullet through the eyes from a copper outside downing street to remind us all to behave
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:00 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:42 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:31 pm
Planet Britain, 2022.

We're a year away from a full blown, fascist dictatorship

I'm waiting for the day when a protester gets a bullet through the eyes from a copper outside downing street to remind us all to behave
It’s exactly how I feel. When you have people bidding to be the next PM talking about cracking down on ‘people who talk Britain down’ what does that mean exactly? Criticism of the government gets you ten years?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:03 pm

It means "keep believing in myth and unicorns:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:09 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:03 pm
It means "keep believing in myth and unicorns:
Both are more believable than any politician.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:01 pm

Aye and those who don’t believe in unicorns and myths and point it out are the enemies that hold us back. Not those that peddle these utter lies.

Dangerous times indeed.