No More of the usual, please - Morecambe (H) Tue 16 Aug @7.45pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Result prediction

Poll ended at Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:50 pm

Bolton by 3+
21%
Bolton by 2
36%
Bolton by 1
29%
Draw
7%
Morecambe by 1
7%
Morecambe by 2
No votes
Morecambe by 3+
No votes

Total votes: 14

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Re: No More of the usual, please - Morecambe (H) Tue 16 Aug @7.45pm

Post by The_Gun » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:41 am

Who voted for Morecambe to win???

Anything less than victory against bottom-feeders like this lot will be a big disappointment, but I'm confident. No Stockton, no party for the prawns.

3-0 Bolton.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:51 am

Yeah this is an absolute must win fixture if we truly want to be hammering on the top 6 door. If we don’t win tonight I think the squad needs re-evaluating before the end of this month as it would suggest some key ingredient is still missing.

Port Vale a lack of professionalism from the captain cost us two points.

Tonight should be routine. We might need patience. But ultimately these are the games you need to win and move on from if you want to be challengers.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:20 am

The_Gun wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:41 am

Anything less than victory against bottom-feeders like this lot will be a big disappointment, but I'm confident. No Stockton, no party for the prawns.

3-0 Bolton.
Unless he's on strike, I think Stockton will play tonight. For a start, he may be hoping that we would be interested in signing him. Certainly he would hope that scoring 23 last season will attract the attention of clubs higher up the food chain than Fleetwood. Rotherham have been consistently linked, and with a fortnight of the window to go, I doubt Morecambe will accept the first lowball cheque waved under their nose.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:38 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:20 am
The_Gun wrote:

3-0 Bolton.
Unless he's on strike, I think Stockton will play tonight. For a start, he may be hoping that we would be interested in signing him. Certainly he would hope that scoring 23 last season will attract the attention of clubs higher up the food chain than Fleetwood. Rotherham have been consistently linked, and with a fortnight of the window to go, I doubt Morecambe will accept the first lowball cheque waved under their nose.
He's signed for Fleetwood apparently.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:42 am

The_Gun wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:38 am
The_Gun wrote:

3-0 Bolton.
Where's it been confirmed?

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:50 am

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:42 am
The_Gun wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:38 am
The_Gun wrote:

3-0 Bolton.
Where's it been confirmed?
Not confirmed anywhere, but some of Morecambe's fans seem to think the deal's done.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:05 am

Excellent piece DSB.

I'm liking LEs confidence and in all honesty if we're going to be contenders in this division we've got to be taking a minimum of 4 points off these kind of sides.

There's definitely more of a harder edge about this side though and I'd like to think we can't be bullied out of games like we have been in the past. I'm not there tonight but keeping an eye on things from afar. Put them to the sword boys :oyea:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:15 am

I hope he has because I don't fancy the idea of him running at Aimson much.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:31 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:51 am
If we don’t win tonight I think the squad needs re-evaluating before the end of this month as it would suggest some key ingredient is still missing.

There's no guarantee of anything in football (Manchester United how many ? :shock: )On the unthinkable of not beating the shrimp-boaters, it may be for several reasons, the least of which I'd see as squad evaluation. Let's give it a chance hey, we've only played three games, got the captain and manager as spectators and still got some players fully fit. Don't call the jury in just yet. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:36 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:15 am
Evatt seems content:
I’m really pleased with Will. He was very unlucky not to start the season. I thought he had a really good pre-season. He’s a valued member of the squad. I think every time he has played for us, he has never let us down. Rico was missing for the last five or six games of the season last season, Will played every game and I think we won the majority of those. His record in the team is pretty good.

He never lets anybody down, he knows exactly what to do, can defend one v one in big spaces, can handle the ball. He’s an important player for us.

I think he’s just getting an understanding of what we want to do and how we want to do it but he was frustrated not to start the season and I understand the reasons why. But we also know things change pretty quickly in football and as has been seen, they do, and he’s going to play games and he’ll be an important player for us this season.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/2 ... morecambe/

Then there's the famous Brommers stat when Aimson topped the division for 1v1 duels, winning 89.9% of them: Wonder if that data settled down a bit as the season progressed, but I still don't think Stockton is as much of a danger to Aimson as a very fast dribbler would be.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:55 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:31 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:51 am
If we don’t win tonight I think the squad needs re-evaluating before the end of this month as it would suggest some key ingredient is still missing.

There's no guarantee of anything in football (Manchester United how many ? :shock: )On the unthinkable of not beating the shrimp-boaters, it may be for several reasons, the least of which I'd see as squad evaluation. Let's give it a chance hey, we've only played three games, got the captain and manager as spectators and still got some players fully fit. Don't call the jury in just yet. :wink:
We aren’t talking guarantees or divine right. We are saying that in looking at markers for where you will finish this season Morecambe at home is a game any side pushing the top 6 will be looking to win. No disrespect to Morecambe is just the reality. Doesn’t mean it will be easy.

But if we don’t win it having only drawn with port vale we should be looking at the reasons why and starting to ensure we are placed for that top 6 and if we lack the answers in the squad now to win these games there is still time to fix it.

League one as we’ve seen is not a place you want to be playing catch up in. If we fall off the pace then I think it’s tough to catch up.

I’m not suggesting any single game is a measure of likely success but merely that after 4 games two of which against sides almost certain to be ‘lower reaches’ 6 points or under is likely to be off the pace required.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:00 pm

Shit 'em. 4-0.

Tired jokes aside I do feel we will do the business this evening. Sweeping aside the lowest of blocks will be a good confidence booster and should we do that tonight I'll be as encouraged by that as I was the Wycombe dismantling or the battling 10-man draw at the weekend.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:20 pm

Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:36 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:15 am
Then there's the famous Brommers stat when Aimson topped the division for 1v1 duels, winning 89.9% of them: Wonder if that data settled down a bit as the season progressed, but I still don't think Stockton is as much of a danger to Aimson as a very fast dribbler would be.
The data did settle down a bit DSB, but Aimson still ended the season as the 5th best CB* for defensive duel win % with 78.01% (Ricky S was 6th with 77.97% and Georgey J was 33rd with 71.60%)

*minimum 1000 minutes played

Aimson is a good L1 defender. Off the top of my head I can't remember any instances where he's let us down defensively, he's just a bit jittery on the ball but more than capable to play well against Morecambe. I'd also say aerially he's our best defender.

Anyway, about time we gave these lost a good hiding and I think tonight's the night :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:18 pm

Interesting line on MEN:

"A big announcement is coming up at Wanderers and it's not the team news - stay tuned for what it is."

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:22 pm

Presumably this, fresh from the BN: We get to pick next season's kit.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/2 ... asons-kit/

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:28 pm

Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:22 pm
Presumably this, fresh from the BN: We get to pick next season's kit.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/2 ... asons-kit/
A long time ago there was talk that Sharon had a vision of some sort of ‘app’ that would generate revenue and boost supporter interaction with the club. This is described as a ‘supporter engagement platform’. I wonder if this is that idea bandied about by iirc Nixon at time of the takeover or just a coincidence?

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:49 pm

Unexpected start for Kachunga…

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:51 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:49 pm
I'd say deserved. He's been solid when called upon so far.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:07 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:51 pm
The_Gun wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:49 pm
I'd say deserved. He's been solid when called upon so far.
On last season's performances I thought he was the new Delf but he's looked sharp and quick in preseason and against Salford, good luck to him.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:28 pm

Go Kachunga. Send the Shrimpers home despondent. COME ON YOU WHITES.. ... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?