Will it be Heaven in Devon for the Magnificent eleven? Away to Exeter, 3-0'clock Good Friday.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will it be Heaven in Devon for the Magnificent eleven? Away to Exeter, 3-0'clock Good Friday.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:07 pm

Now that combined with Toal and lack of options does feel like enough to mean a) we’ve zero chance today and b) probably derails the play off bid.

Oh.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will it be Heaven in Devon for the Magnificent eleven? Away to Exeter, 3-0'clock Good Friday.

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:21 pm

Groin injury - so he’ll be missing Monday at least.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:07 pm
Now that combined with Toal and lack of options does feel like enough to mean a) we’ve zero chance today and b) probably derails the play off bid.

Oh.
Here he is! Do you have even 1 positive cell in your body?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:31 pm

No Jerome either - so nlundulu on bench.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:32 pm

They have two big strikers, the sort Santos would normally have for breakfast. Hopefully Johnston can step up in his place.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:43 pm

A hammer blow to lose your 2 top Central Defenders. We will need to keep possession of the ball today and score many.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:48 pm

I'd be tempted to put Mbete in the Santos role. Whenever he's played he's looked solid enough but offered little going forward and looked unsure. Have Johnston in his natural role. Hope he's up to two lots of 90 minutes in 3 days.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:49 pm

I’m hoping the talk that Santos is out for the season is just nuisance rumours rather than true. Ominously or not Dearden says there will be more news on Rico after the game - which suggests to me the injury was known and kept under wraps.

Bit of a killer blow watching Aimson the other end in the circumstances.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:58 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:29 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Oh.
Why does it matter? If I’m wrong I will be delighted as will you be. But losing two out of three proper centre backs we have available is a big blow and there isn’t any other way to describe it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:00 pm

COME ON YOU WHITES... :oyea:

I BELIEVE....

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:01 pm

Hopefully Santos isn't out for the season. I suspect any little injury concerns would be taken seriously.

Evatt certainly is one for rotating on the Friday / Monday games so it's not surprise that we've got a rotation going. I would've thought it would be Santos on Friday with Johnston on Monday, but I guess this is as good. Exeter away is the harder of the two fixtures, at least on paper.

Hopefully we'll carry on like the last match.

Grounds and Aimson available for Exeter in todays match with Aimson captaining Exeter.

All in all, i'm surprised that we've got a relatively unchanged side here. Would've thought Shoretire or Adeboyejo would've been in contention. Perhaps we've got Mbete in the game today to make up for the fact he had to miss out on the cup final.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:58 pm
dave the minion wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Oh.
Why does it matter? If I’m wrong I will be delighted as will you be. But losing two out of three proper centre backs we have available is a big blow and there isn’t any other way to describe it.

It's a loss of course, but we've got Johnston returning at least and Mbete looks like he could step up. Add to that we've got plenty of time before the play offs for one of those CB's to get back to fitness.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:49 pm
Bit of a killer blow watching Aimson the other end in the circumstances.
Was wondering how long this one would take to surface! Pre kick-off. Impressive! :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:04 pm

Mar wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:02 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Oh.

It's a loss of course, but we've got Johnston returning at least and Mbete looks like he could step up. Add to that we've got plenty of time before the play offs for one of those CB's to get back to fitness.
Forget the play offs we’ve got a lot to do to make the play offs. I don’t fancy our chances without those two centre halves. We will see. I’m afraid I don’t think Mbete is close to ready.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Oh.
All true I guess.
Maybe just me, but I tend to prefer to be positive than negative, that's all.
I kind of feel sorry that your default starting poiint is so ultra negative.
But as you say, I hope you're wrong and then we can all be happy...

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:04 pm
Forget the play offs we’ve got a lot to do to make the play offs. I don’t fancy our chances without those two centre halves. We will see. I’m afraid I don’t think Mbete is close to ready.
We do have a lot to do and it's not a sure thing. I'm taking positives in that other teams have a lot to do also, they're having to face one another whereas our fixtures are outside of the playoffs. We should have it easier on paper than our counterparts.

As for Mbete not looking the part, i'd disagree, I think his drop off was synonymous with the rest of the teams drop off. I don't think he was the reason why we were underperforming.

I'd be concerned over whether or not we're going to have issues with Dempsey's court ruling as that would also be a big hit. One or two of these I would expect us to be able to cover, but not too many.

In other news, Dapo faces Heidenheim tonight. His team have won every game since his transfer so tonights the big test, we shall see.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:15 pm

Greetings from San Francisco, where it’s 7am

Derby winning at FGR
interestingly, Plymouth losing at Morecambe.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:17 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:15 pm

Derby winning at FGR
Off on holidays I take it?

The ability to watch remotely is a nice plus when holidays come round.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:23 pm

Not clear sailing here. Feel like he's been mainly Exeter causing us problems than us causing them problems. Can't remember anyone getting any shots off as of yet, just a relatively even game. Seemed a positive opening 5 minutes, then they've settled and we've balanced each other out.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:24 pm

Mar wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:17 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:15 pm

Derby winning at FGR
Off on holidays I take it?

The ability to watch remotely is a nice plus when holidays come round.
Yeah, California’s one of my favourite slices of the world and my niece is getting married so it’s a great excuse.