Season ticket questions....

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Season ticket questions....

Post by dave the minion » Wed May 31, 2023 4:07 pm

All
Quick question on season tickets if I may....
I've taken the plunge for next season and bought the family season tickets - not had one for a long number of years but we're now able to get to enough games to make it worthwhile, so I've bitten the bullet.
Being late to the party the choice wasn't the greatest of locations, but I bought them anyway.
I've just become aware of the "seat swap window" - does anyone know how this works? Presumably we can go back in and see what additional availability has popped up from people not renewing and can change if we need to?

How does this happen - do we get invited to check with a link or anything? Can we do it online? Anything else I need to be aware of (eg when they go on open sale, there's nothing daft like additional seats becoming available or anything is there - there weren't many option left when I bought ours and I can't believe we've almost sold out the stadium already??).

I'm currently overseas in a different time zone so just want to make sure I don't miss anything...

Also - genuine question - presumably away ticket allocations sell out quite quickly for most games? Does being a season ticket newbie put me at the bottom of the pile?

Dave

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Season ticket questions....

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed May 31, 2023 10:10 pm

If you can - ring the club. There's a small window when you can swap seats and I've a feeling it may be opening next month.

Away tickets go on sale to STHs first. Doesn't matter how long you've had one, you're all in the same queue. It was problematic for a few games last season, I missed out on Accrington, Bristol Rovers and Barnsley tickets but generally for most games it's not a problem.

There was talk of changing the system if we went up, no idea if they'll bother now. You could buy an away season ticket, which guarantees you tickets and allows you to miss up to 4 away games. That's pretty hard-core!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Wed May 31, 2023 11:36 pm

Nice one. Ta muchly

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:13 am

I suspect the away ticket thing will change - it’s much harder to get a ticket at some of the grounds in this league than the champ anyway.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:47 pm

These are nice season ticket questions to have. I remember the horrid questions of yesteryear where we were asking whether we had a striker signed as there were none on the books at the time. Can't remember the season but it's fairly obvious it's in those troubled years

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:46 pm

Seat swap window open now until Saturday

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2023/may/se ... -deadline/
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:54 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:13 am
I suspect the away ticket thing will change - it’s much harder to get a ticket at some of the grounds in this league than the champ anyway.
It will. They are going to pilot a loyalty scheme next season.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:17 pm

Mar wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:47 pm
I remember the horrid questions of yesteryear where we were asking whether we had a striker signed as there were none on the books at the time.
"Can we rely on Eddie Brown?"

Eddie recently left Hyde United. He's 22. Bless him and all those who tried their best in our hour of need.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:42 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:17 pm
Mar wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:47 pm
I remember the horrid questions of yesteryear where we were asking whether we had a striker signed as there were none on the books at the time.
"Can we rely on Eddie Brown?"

Eddie recently left Hyde United. He's 22. Bless him and all those who tried their best in our hour of need.

Hadn't even considered our youth players at that point. Was left wondering can we trust the board to actually bring a striker in to give the season a go.

Mental to think that was someone's attempt at running a football club. Could've quite easily signed someone akin to Mo Faal and said we've got a striker with potential but are looking to bring more in the future. Instead we got no information whatsoever while season tickets were being sold.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:09 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:46 pm
Seat swap window open now until Saturday

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2023/may/se ... -deadline/
Quick Burnden Paddock, now’s your chance! :D :wink:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate