Search...

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

blurred
Icon
Icon

Search...

Post by blurred » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:30 pm

...it's a bit shit, really, isn't it?

Can we not have an option to only search thread titles or something? Does it not include thread titles in its search remit? For example, I was looking for a thread I started ages ago called something like the 'good news, positivity' thread, so thought that positivity would be a good word to search under. And yet it does not appear in the results.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Search...

Post by Bench » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:30 pm

blurred wrote:...it's a bit shit, really, isn't it?

Can we not have an option to only search thread titles or something? Does it not include thread titles in its search remit? For example, I was looking for a thread I started ages ago called something like the 'good news, positivity' thread, so thought that positivity would be a good word to search under. And yet it does not appear in the results.
Depends how long ago it was. It was before we got 'hacked' then you won't be able to find via the Search function - somehow the hack managed to wipe the search function beyond that date. If not - then I'll have to let our techy guru have a gander.....
Smarties have answers.....

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:45 pm

Fair enough, might have been pre-hack I don't know. I recant my assertion of 'shitness' if that be the case :D

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:16 pm

are you just using the search box at the top right?

click the search link in the menu at the top for a more advance search.