mild annoyance

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Verbal
Icon
Icon

mild annoyance

Post by Verbal » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:36 pm

Has been happening for a few weeks now. When I read a thread and want to reply to it, I see that the 'quick reply' button isn't there. BUT...when I in turn click the 'post reply button' it completely chucks me out of the forum and onto the board. Give it a few goes and in the end the quick reply button will reappear and all is well. But can anyone explain it? FYI I use firefox.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: mild annoyance

Post by Bench » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:38 pm

Verbal wrote:Has been happening for a few weeks now. When I read a thread and want to reply to it, I see that the 'quick reply' button isn't there. BUT...when I in turn click the 'post reply button' it completely chucks me out of the forum and onto the board. Give it a few goes and in the end the quick reply button will reappear and all is well. But can anyone explain it? FYI I use firefox.
Tis a new one on me. In the interests of IT Helpdesks everywhere....have you tried turnin' t off and on again? (or you could just try deleting all your cookies)....
Smarties have answers.....

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:20 pm

Seems the cookie disappearing act worked. Thanks Bench.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:04 pm

...or it might be that it's not logging me in automatically like it used to, so obviously when I assume I'm logged in and I try to reply...oh no no no.

Woops.