Broken Posts

Tell us how to make the site a better place, and we'll pretend the idea was ours all along.....

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Armchair
Hopeful
Hopeful

Broken Posts

Post by Armchair » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:24 pm

Yeah, hi, I'd just like to report a problem with the site that seems to have happened recently. It appears that when people are submitting their posts, the said posts are being translated by babelfish or such into the language of "senseless arguements and insults". My own post's used to be fine but now they seem to be translated into "frustration and abuse", it seems that you can use the "Preview" option to see the problem because I just tried posting a reply but instead of it saying "yes, that's a good point, I understand that now" it came out as "u feking joking pal, u is a complete cripple n know nowt abo' football". I know there are always some people that have strong opinions and I think that's why I didn't notice at first but it seems to have happened since the weekend, most of the posts over pre-season seem to be ok. I hope you can fix this because I used to really like this site and it seems a shame that the posts are now full of abuse.

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:25 pm

Only for certain posters, mainly the kids

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:27 pm

I want you to stay cos your avatar rocks

Armchair
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Armchair » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:35 pm

Why thank you, I'm not going anywhere though, I'm just getting a bit fed up with reading pages and pages of arguments and abusive posts :(

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:38 pm

Welcome to the internet.

Armchair
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Armchair » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:47 pm

touché :)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Broken Posts

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:46 pm

Armchair wrote:Yeah, hi, I'd just like to report a problem with the site that seems to have happened recently. It appears that when people are submitting their posts, the said posts are being translated by babelfish or such into the language of "senseless arguements and insults". My own post's used to be fine but now they seem to be translated into "frustration and abuse", it seems that you can use the "Preview" option to see the problem because I just tried posting a reply but instead of it saying "yes, that's a good point, I understand that now" it came out as "u feking joking pal, u is a complete cripple n know nowt abo' football". I know there are always some people that have strong opinions and I think that's why I didn't notice at first but it seems to have happened since the weekend, most of the posts over pre-season seem to be ok. I hope you can fix this because I used to really like this site and it seems a shame that the posts are now full of abuse.
I'm sorry, Armchair - are you saying the TW system altered your nice post into some kind of offensive text speak? That sound impossible. Perhaps I have misunderstood you. Perhaps you are saying all the insults make your own Mr. Hyde personality is taking over. :?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:54 pm

The MOD's do there best to keep the forums free of abuse without being to heavy handed. It's a very fine balance, yet there are times when abuse can go unnoticed by the MODs.

If you think you are recieving abuse from another poster, just give one of us a shout and we'll make him/her stand in a corner facing to wall until we think they have learnt their lesson!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:06 pm

hmmmm, i'm not too sure about you soldiers and standing in a corner. back to you and all that. i'll mind my own business thanks

Armchair
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Armchair » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:40 pm

Nah, I'm not receiving any abuse myself, I was just saying (all be it in dry sarcastic humour) that there seems to a lot of arguing and abuse in the post's recently. I'm putting it down to the bitter taste left in people's mouths from the Newcastle game. No doubt everyone will be much happier when we record the first win of the season. I don’t like wading through pages and pages of arguments between a few people though, but as Batty has mentioned that’s the nature of t’internet and will always be the case. I am curious though, thinking about it while typing, can the mods remove personally offensive posts and if so, does this happen? Because some recent posts have been just that and do no contribute anything, other than annoying other people reading them.

Montreal Wanderer - Apologies for you not understanding my humour, NEVER take any post from me seriously :P

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:43 pm

Armchair wrote:Nah, I'm not receiving any abuse myself, I was just saying (all be it in dry sarcastic humour) that there seems to a lot of arguing and abuse in the post's recently. I'm putting it down to the bitter taste left in people's mouths from the Newcastle game. No doubt everyone will be much happier when we record the first win of the season. I don’t like wading through pages and pages of arguments between a few people though, but as Batty has mentioned that’s the nature of t’internet and will always be the case. I am curious though, thinking about it while typing, can the mods remove personally offensive posts and if so, does this happen? Because some recent posts have been just that and do no contribute anything, other than annoying other people reading them.
They can and do. They have even removed mine which are never personally offensive.... :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:46 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Armchair wrote:Nah, I'm not receiving any abuse myself, I was just saying (all be it in dry sarcastic humour) that there seems to a lot of arguing and abuse in the post's recently. I'm putting it down to the bitter taste left in people's mouths from the Newcastle game. No doubt everyone will be much happier when we record the first win of the season. I don’t like wading through pages and pages of arguments between a few people though, but as Batty has mentioned that’s the nature of t’internet and will always be the case. I am curious though, thinking about it while typing, can the mods remove personally offensive posts and if so, does this happen? Because some recent posts have been just that and do no contribute anything, other than annoying other people reading them.
They can and do. They have even removed mine which are never personally offensive.... :wink:
Yes, but you had spelt a word wrong. I was simply saving you a whole page of 'Oooooohhh look at what Monty did' posts! :wink:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:59 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Armchair wrote:Yeah, hi, I'd just like to report a problem with the site that seems to have happened recently. It appears that when people are submitting their posts, the said posts are being translated by babelfish or such into the language of "senseless arguements and insults". My own post's used to be fine but now they seem to be translated into "frustration and abuse", it seems that you can use the "Preview" option to see the problem because I just tried posting a reply but instead of it saying "yes, that's a good point, I understand that now" it came out as "u feking joking pal, u is a complete cripple n know nowt abo' football". I know there are always some people that have strong opinions and I think that's why I didn't notice at first but it seems to have happened since the weekend, most of the posts over pre-season seem to be ok. I hope you can fix this because I used to really like this site and it seems a shame that the posts are now full of abuse.
I'm sorry, Armchair - are you saying the TW system altered your nice post into some kind of offensive text speak? That sound impossible. Perhaps I have misunderstood you. Perhaps you are saying all the insults make your own Mr. Hyde personality is taking over. :?
are you sure you're not american???
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:13 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Yes, but you had spelt a word wrong. I was simply saving you a whole page of 'Oooooohhh look at what Monty did' posts! :wink:
For which I am forever grateful. :D

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:15 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
are you sure you're not american???
Given your feelings on the subject of America, Americans and Americana, I would not admit it if I was.