Strictly get watching.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Strictly get watching.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:27 pm

Just know you'll all be waiting with bated breath next Saturday evening ( after the match of course) for this to start. Well, Kelly Brook and a few others should be worth a look surely as well as a dozen of the fittest female dancers on the planet. Also the chance to see John Barnes and Willie Thorn tripping it. Know you'll just lurrvve it. Get in there:mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:28 pm

Strictly not-a-bastard-gain you mean.

Is Brucie dead yet?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:29 pm

Batman wrote:Strictly not-a-bastard-gain you mean.

Is Brucie dead yet?
Fraid not caped one. Never mind, you can always watch X Factor instead. :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:30 pm

Batman wrote:
Is Brucie dead yet?
You askin'? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Batman wrote:Strictly not-a-bastard-gain you mean.

Is Brucie dead yet?
Fraid not caped one. Never mind, you can always watch X Factor instead. :wink:

I'm working next Saturday, methinks I shall get blind drunk thereafter and fall asleep on the couch around seven o'clock.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Batman wrote:
Is Brucie dead yet?
Can you get me a quote?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:41 pm

Batman wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Batman wrote:
Is Brucie dead yet?
Can you get me a quote?
That's a bit mean! :(

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:51 pm

Gee, almost forgot to post this. :wink: http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:00 pm

:lol:

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:37 pm

Be worth watching it for a week to see Barnes fall flat on his arse.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:56 pm

I'm expecting John Barnes to have all the grace of a railway sleeper, but the public do make a real farce of the show with voting. I know Charities benefit from the calls but asking people to vote before the couples even dance shows how fair it all is. Worst ever was that Pinochio kid of an actor from Eastenders but another Eastender really had it going. You'll only look if you're interested (either in dancing or great legs) but Jill Halfpenny is definitely worth a watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gENwlVjh ... ed&search=
Last edited by TANGODANCER on Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:35 am

TANGODANCER wrote:I'm expecting John Barnes to have all the grace of a railway sleeper, but the public do make a real farce of the show with voting. I know Charities benefit from the calls but asking people to vote before the couples even dance shows how fair it all is. Worst ever was that Pinochio kid of an actor from Eastenders but another Eastender really had it going. You'll only look if you're interested (either in dancing or great legs) but Jill Halfpeeny is definitely worth a watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gENwlVjh ... ed&search=
maybe, but as much as the bbc do?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:14 pm

John Barnes out...John Barnes out! :twisted:

Only joking really; credit to the big clonker for doing okay and having the balls to enter. Just can't see him as Fred Astaire is all, more Fred Flintstone. :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:John Barnes out...John Barnes out! :twisted:

Only joking really; credit to the big clonker for doing okay and having the balls to enter. Just can't see him as Fred Astaire is all, more Fred Flintstone. :wink:
Never thought I'd say this but I'm actually warming to John Barnes (at least on this show). Barnes is one of the few on the show who has no ego problems, listens to the judges without arguing when they slate him and genuinly tries. He's also doing very well in something totally foreign to him. Genuinely surprised me and I'm holding my hand up and supporting him. Go fella.

Not so the arrogant "Do you know who I am?" Kelly Brook who not only argues "why can't the woman be the bullfighter and wave the cape instead?" but persuades her professional partner to let her have her own way and they screw up grand style. Free dance, her showing off all the way and more like a Beef Rissotto than a Paso Doble. Almost as bad as Kenny Logan's "Caveman in a kilt" attempt. Also agree that Bruce Forsythe should call it a day. His awful weak attempts at humour and almost childish desire to be "in charge" should get the chop in favour of a younger presenter.(Never thought I'd say that either. :(

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:43 pm

Isn;t the problem that the best dancers are turfed out in place of the viewers' fave?

Hardly a proper comp is it?

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Strictly get watching.

Post by WhiteArmy » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:53 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Just know you'll all be waiting with bated breath next Saturday evening ( after the match of course) for this to start. Well, Kelly Brook and a few others should be worth a look surely as well as a dozen of the fittest female dancers on the planet. Also the chance to see John Barnes and Willie Thorn tripping it. Know you'll just lurrvve it. Get in there:mrgreen:
next saturday i shall be recovering from my 4 day european beer sampling exercise, then getting ready to attend the Remembrance Sunday commemorative event.

Strictly come dancing may well be forsaken.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:54 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

Never thought I'd say this but I'm actually warming to John Barnes (at least on this show). Barnes is one of the few on the show who has no ego problems, listens to the judges without arguing when they slate him and genuinly tries. He's also doing very well in something totally foreign to him. Genuinely surprised me and I'm holding my hand up and supporting him. Go fella.

Not so the arrogant "Do you know who I am?" Kelly Brook who not only argues "why can't the woman be the bullfighter and wave the cape instead?" but persuades her professional partner to let her have her own way and they screw up grand style. Free dance, her showing off all the way and more like a Beef Rissotto than a Paso Doble. Almost as bad as Kenny Logan's "Caveman in a kilt" attempt. Also agree that Bruce Forsythe should call it a day. His awful weak attempts at humour and almost childish desire to be "in charge" should get the chop in favour of a younger presenter.(Never thought I'd say that either. :(
Isn't this the first sign of madness? :conf:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:56 pm

Batman wrote:Isn;t the problem that the best dancers are turfed out in place of the viewers' fave?

Hardly a proper comp is it?
Wish I could say differently Bats but unfortunately have to agree. You just have to see it as entertainment and forget the rest. Can hardly be a level platform to start when a couple of sixty year olds, an overwight footballer and a newsreader who doesn't know right from left are put up against athletes, pop-stars who dance, current soap stars and models. I like the show because of the dance, but a dance competition it ain't. Doesn't help when the forum boards get crap like "I'm voting for Letitia cos I think she's sexy"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Isn't this the first sign of madness? :conf:
Guess it must be, but you knew that already. :wink:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:59 pm

She's also top heavy.

Which is nice.
Businesswoman of the year.