Does Allardyce really think....

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:06 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Plus, have you noticed that fat boy is always described as "former Newcastle boss". Y'know like the twenty minutes he spent in charge there were his greatest achievement.
Well it was his most recent job, and when talking in connection with the Sunderland position is arguably the most relevant job that he's held.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:34 pm

Y'know, if I didn't know better I'd think an awful lot of people on here really disliked Sam...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:07 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
William the White wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Verbal wrote:
jaffka wrote: Peter Reid :conf:
Alan Ball didn't do too badly either.
Bally got told by Bill Ridding he's be better trying for a job as a jockey. :wink:
Franny Lee did ok... :wink:
I forgot there were so many owd farts on here! :P
:D

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:13 pm

jaffka wrote:
William the White wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Verbal wrote:Alan Ball didn't do too badly either.
Bally got told by Bill Ridding he's be better trying for a job as a jockey. :wink:
Franny Lee was a shite jockey ... over the fences, anyway.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:29 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
jaffka wrote:
William the White wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Bally got told by Bill Ridding he's be better trying for a job as a jockey. :wink:
Franny Lee was a shite jockey ... over the fences, anyway.
Aye he did have this knack of falling over :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:53 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Not sure he had much choice really - media already had him linked to the job (as did half the population of the Mackem's Forums) before Kean's arse had hit the out door.

Once he's been put in the frams by the media, he's only got a couple of options available - No I'm not interested, Yes I am or No Comment which would probably be interpreted as "yes I am" anyhow...
Or simply say nothing and apply for the job like every other out of work manager does.
Doesn't that fall under "no comment"?

Why are you so bitter and twisted? Who gives a flying feck what Allardyce does other than you? :conf:

Ask your GP for tablets. You are one fecked-up individual.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Not sure he had much choice really - media already had him linked to the job (as did half the population of the Mackem's Forums) before Kean's arse had hit the out door.

Once he's been put in the frams by the media, he's only got a couple of options available - No I'm not interested, Yes I am or No Comment which would probably be interpreted as "yes I am" anyhow...
Or simply say nothing and apply for the job like every other out of work manager does.

Why are you so bitter and twisted? Who gives a flying feck what Allardyce does other than you? :conf:

Eh?????

For what its worth Fat Sam would keep them up IMO, He's ex Bolton boss, the plastic geordies are our compitition, its the other football thread so why should he not have an opinion about it?? :shock:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:18 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

My point was that Allardyce's obesession with the media doesn't do him any favours when it comes to getting a job in the premiership.

Not quite sure how that makes me "bitter and twisted". There are plenty of Bolton fans who agree with me. In fact I'd say I'm in the majority.

If Allardyce could keep his big trap shut he might well be more highly regarded.

If I was Quinn I'd employ Allardyce in a heartbeat. But I would be put off a little by the fact that 24 hours after Keane left he was already publically putting himself forwards.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:02 pm

William the White wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Verbal wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:When will these people learn NEVER LEAVE BOLTON WANDERERS!!!

There is only probably Anelka that has successfully gone onto bigger and better things.

Personaly, I can't see Sunderland taking on a manager that Newcastle sacked.
Peter Reid :conf:
Alan Ball didn't do too badly either.
Alan Thompson eventually found his way to a UEFA Cup final and an England cap. You could even argue that Nigel Jemson was more successful after leaving Bolton.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:20 pm

I see Peter Reid has ruled himself out of the role

So I gave it some thought and figured I'd best come out and put the record straight

I'm not interested in the Sunderland job either

So stop these feckless rumours

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:33 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:I see Peter Reid has ruled himself out of the role

So I gave it some thought and figured I'd best come out and put the record straight

I'm not interested in the Sunderland job either

So stop these feckless rumours
You can't manage Bolton and Sunderland ffs! :roll:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:36 pm

i'd just like to say, it would be an honour to manage a great club like Sunderland, with all it's traditions and such a great set of fans who are so knowledgable about the game.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:13 am

communistworkethic wrote:i'd just like to say, it would be an honour to manage a great club like Sunderland, with all it's traditions and such a great set of fans who are so knowledgable about the game.
It has long been my dream to manage Sunderland and put myself in the 45% tax bracket.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:21 pm

"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm

Doesn't do humble does he?

Everything that went well was down to him.

Everything that didn't was down to lack of investment.

Interesting to hear a bit of freudian slip when he referred to Bolton as "we". I still think we are the club he has most passion and feeling for.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:58 pm

Sam Allardyce has feeling and passion for Sam Allardyce, and not a whole lot else.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:12 am

Tombwfc wrote:Sam Allardyce has feeling and passion for Sam Allardyce, and not a whole lot else.
There's certainly ego there, but it's clear what he's saying - in a restrained way by Sam's lights... 'I didn't have the financial backing that gary has had...' Can there be ANY argument with that?

But, mostly, I think the interview is measured. He avoids arkward questions about lee and megson - good for him. He doesn't need to play a dishonest game of backing people he doesn't believe in, but he doesn't say anything negative about them. why should he?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:57 am

I think the following just sums up why sometimes he just irritates me....
the former Wanderers manager was asked if he was impressed with Gary Megson's recent efforts at the Reebok: 'There was a hugely successful operation that I built there,` he said, 'that`s no longer the case, that`s completely changed from every aspect now, and of course, rebuilding takes time and the rebuilding has taken place on the field and off the field and if that rebuilding is as good as what I did, they might get back to where I did, and if it`s not, they probably won`t.`

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:07 am

Why does that irritate you?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:26 am

FD wrote:Why does that irritate you?
Because despite the question being about Megson he manages to make it about himself, tell everyone how good he is.

A bit of humility can go a long way sometimes.

He's becoming the Simon Cowell of football!