GK Howler #2: Artur Boruc

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Verbal
Icon
Icon

GK Howler #2: Artur Boruc

Post by Verbal » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:37 am

"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:32 pm

Loved it, though I can actually vouch that Rankin does practice such shots; Derek Riordan and him were taking pot shots from 40 yards out when they were warming up before the Motherwell game a couple of weeks back.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:09 pm

Heard an interview with him earlier where he said that him and Derek practice them all the time. Still, he was helped somewhat by the 'Boruc Boluc' (I'll get my coat)

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:14 pm

jimbo wrote:Heard an interview with him earlier where he said that him and Derek practice them all the time. Still, he was helped somewhat by the 'Boruc Boluc' (I'll get my coat)
Love the signature btw mate - I tried to get that going at the aforementioned Motherwell game, but it appears 2-Unlimited didn't reach Scotland.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:35 pm

Stingey Scottish bastards have stopped it from being shown and I haven't seen it yet.

How come he gets called The Holy Goalie, by the way? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:42 pm

cos he loves crosses
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Stingey Scottish bastards have stopped it from being shown and I haven't seen it yet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 770320.stm

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:30 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:
jimbo wrote:Heard an interview with him earlier where he said that him and Derek practice them all the time. Still, he was helped somewhat by the 'Boruc Boluc' (I'll get my coat)
Love the signature btw mate - I tried to get that going at the aforementioned Motherwell game, but it appears 2-Unlimited didn't reach Scotland.
Excuse me, it was sung by Dons fans when he played for us.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:27 am

fatshaft wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:
I thought he played for Aberdeen before he came to Bolton? :?

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:32 am

Leyther_Matt wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:
Thats what he said. Fatty's a jock but we try not to hold that against him. :wink:

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:19 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:
Thats what he said. Fatty's a jock but we try not to hold that against him. :wink:
Oh aye I know that; what I meant was that 'No Limit' (ie the Mixu song) only came out in 94ish, and therefore only once he'd left Aberdeen to join the Whites? :?

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:47 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote: Love the signature btw mate - I tried to get that going at the aforementioned Motherwell game, but it appears 2-Unlimited didn't reach Scotland.
Oh aye I know that; what I meant was that 'No Limit' (ie the Mixu song) only came out in 94ish, and therefore only once he'd left Aberdeen to join the Whites? :?
Ah sorry read it wrong. Thats twice this week n'all. I think Ive destroyed too much of my brain.
Anyhow the song was out in 93.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Stingey Scottish bastards have stopped it from being shown and I haven't seen it yet.

Can be viewed here.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:34 pm

Plenty more howlers where that came from here

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:27 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote: Love the signature btw mate - I tried to get that going at the aforementioned Motherwell game, but it appears 2-Unlimited didn't reach Scotland.
You sure? feck, must stop taking whatever it was then :oops: Apologies.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:17 pm

AND, why does he get called The Holy Goalie? Someone must know! :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:AND, why does he get called The Holy Goalie? Someone must know! :conf:
No idea, Bruce, although the name is not particularly original - forty years ago that was the nickname of Joe Daley, one of the last to play without a mask. The Bishop of Chicago who plays goal in an over 30s league has the same nickname for obvious reasons.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:50 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:AND, why does he get called The Holy Goalie? Someone must know! :conf:
No idea, Bruce, although the name is not particularly original - forty years ago that was the nickname of Joe Daley, one of the last to play without a mask. The Bishop of Chicago who plays goal in an over 30s league has the same nickname for obvious reasons.
August 2006 Old Firm game, and he gives the Hun crowd a blessing, for which he both earned the nickname, and got himself in hot water with the courts.

However with my record of accuracy in this thread, I'll let one of the forum Huns (Willie the White?) confirm or deny that as correct.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:22 pm

fatshaft wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
August 2006 Old Firm game, and he gives the Hun crowd a blessing, for which he both earned the nickname, and got himself in hot water with the courts.

However with my record of accuracy in this thread, I'll let one of the forum Huns (Willie the White?) confirm or deny that as correct.
Eh???

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:16 am

Not one of the 'forum Huns', as you put it, but I think you're not far from the mark there.