What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:59 pm

eugh... I see all the luvvies are out and about getting worked up about congratulating themselves again... :roll:

apparently it's amaaaaaaaazing that ant 'n dec are being nominated for summat lots of times in a row...

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:57 pm

Watched The Great Gatsby.

In Baz Luhtmann's hands it becomes the Not All That Great Gatsby. He is a total self-indulgent director. Damaging the effectiveness of his movies in the process. This is infinitely better than the abysmal Australia though.

That's faint praise.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:11 pm

Watched the original "Oldboy" last night.... what a fecking mental film with an amazingly shocking twist-in-the-tale ending. Not sure if the forthcoming American remake with Josh Brolin will dare to have the same ending :shock:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Nina Conti. Ventriloquists have to be at least 40 years out of date. Not only that but she isn't even remotely funny. Embarrassingly poor. Really shit stuff. :hang:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:31 pm

Severance......

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:44 pm

watched the first two episodes of the netflix remake of House of Cards... excellent stuff - heard on t'radio that a new series is forthcoming...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:38 am

wigan white wrote:Watched the original "Oldboy" last night.... what a fecking mental film with an amazingly shocking twist-in-the-tale ending. Not sure if the forthcoming American remake with Josh Brolin will dare to have the same ending :shock:
an all time favourite. the remake is not forthcoming, its been, and sank thankfully.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:24 am

General Mannerheim wrote:
wigan white wrote:Watched the original "Oldboy" last night.... what a fecking mental film with an amazingly shocking twist-in-the-tale ending. Not sure if the forthcoming American remake with Josh Brolin will dare to have the same ending :shock:
an all time favourite. the remake is not forthcoming, its been, and sank thankfully.
Thank feck for that. Definitely a film that should be left to its original form. Absolutely bizarre but loved every minute of it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:49 am

That'll do for me. It's going ont' list.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:06 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
make sure its the original!

its always a bit shit when they do hollywood remakes, but none have angered me like this one. the original is so near perfect and cool, just leave it the feck alone!

btw, you may as well stick 'Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance' and 'Sympathy for Lady Vengeance' on the list while youre at it...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:08 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:

its always a bit shit when they do hollywood remakes, but none have angered me like this one. the original is so near perfect and cool, just leave it the feck alone!

btw, you may as well stick 'Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance' and 'Sympathy for Lady Vengeance' on the list while youre at it...
Cheers, General. Will do. Just checking with you - it's the 2003 Oldboy that I'm ordering, right? Korean director and whatnot.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:27 am

yep... its fecked up :mrgreen:

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:24 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:yep... its fecked up :mrgreen:
Have you seen "Audition", thats another good yet fecked up film.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

What did you think of 'The Departed'? I hadn't even heard of 'Infernal Affairs' when I watched it so I guess I didn't go in with the mindset of 'Oh, another shitty hollywood remake', although I did go 'Oh, another shitty accent from Ray Winstone'.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:54 pm

wigan white wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:yep... its fecked up :mrgreen:
Have you seen "Audition", thats another good yet fecked up film.
Yes. Love films like that. As mentioned above, Oldboy is brilliant, part of the vengence trilogy.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:02 pm

a lot to catch up on...

The Arbor - documentary about Andrea Dunbar, the playwright, her life and the life of her closest. Real life audio is used and then actors lip sync over it. Shouldn't work. But it does. So, so well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvahJ-SjMZU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Royal Affair Machiavellian thriller dressed up as a costume drama. Awesome. Mads Mikkelsen brilliant, as per.

As if I am not thereFilm about a young women who is held prisoner in the bosnian war, tortured and sexually abused. Grim as hell, but very powerful

Blue Velvet - Lynch wotsit from 1986. Some of it is incredible. Other bits just terrible. still, that's better than being boring, I guess.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:04 pm

And, in terms of telly, everyone should be watching True Detective the new HBO series. Currently broadcasting in America but available online at [REDACTED]. Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey (since when did he become brilliant) star as two cops investigating a murder in southern US in the nineties. The narratives flashes from them giving an account in the present day to going back in time to the case itself. Really, really good. Only two episodes broadcast so far, but the potential for this is really something. LOOK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXwCoNwBSkQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:06 pm

welcome on board fellah - pop over to the new arrivals board sometime and tell us who you are! :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Why don't you go to new arrivals and let is know a bit about yourself :D.

You know, get used to the board.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Dammit.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.