Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:32 pm

that statue is just fvckin creepy
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:46 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Athers wrote:I once took a friend's dalmation for a walk and I've never felt as attractive in all my life.
Dalmation hump your leg then? :wink:
:D

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:17 pm

thebish wrote:Image
Ha, the mrs will love that.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:22 pm

Can we get off the dog subject? I get an involuntary kick reflex with every picture. Open a dog thread ffs!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:35 pm

William the White wrote:Can we get off the dog subject? I get an involuntary kick reflex with every picture. Open a dog thread ffs!
OK - I've done it for you... The 'Dogs Are Wonderful' thread is available... Enjoy...

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:37 pm

See - this is why I wasn't going to post pictures, GtE!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:42 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:See - this is why I wasn't going to post pictures, GtE!
Post them on the appropriate thread to be shared with the numerous other lovers of the smelly shit machines... I know it will be one of the most popular threads. Please make full use of it.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:26 pm

thebish wrote:
William the White wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
William the White wrote:Finally filled in online tax return.

They say they will refund me £774.

I'm surprised. But happy. :D
I am too, being as you're retired?! :?
I retired during that year... Until end Sept they were taxing me at 40%, which would have ben accurate over a full year... But once retired had earned less than whatever the threshold for that band is... So had to be taxed at the lower rate at the end of the year... My royalities for play revivals that year were £328... :(
taxed at 40%?? I thought uni lecturers were poorly paid!!! (sometimes I think I have landed in some kind of football supporters rich-list club!)
I'm slightly bemused to be on anyone's rich list. My salary on retirement was £44,500.

Slightly above the 2012 average for train and tram drivers.

But, I'm sure, significantly above most clergy - but not far off a bish in the C of E.

And about the daily rate of an investment banker.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:39 pm

William the White wrote:Slightly above the 2012 average for train and tram drivers.
Yes... train and tram drivers are surely overpaid when compared to other jobs, given the modest skill set and qualifications required and the scope and need for decision-making in the role?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:43 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
William the White wrote:Slightly above the 2012 average for train and tram drivers.
Yes... train and tram drivers are surely overpaid when compared to other jobs, given the modest skill set and qualifications required and the scope and need for decision-making in the role?
Naah... they are walloping in the overtime... But a lot more socially useful than lawyers...

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:48 pm

Tube drivers do get plenty, too much maybe, but then again they are at risk of driving when some poor sod wants to end their life, and that's got to be stressful after the event. Can't imagine I'd be rushing back to work after seeing that.

My maths suggests 44.5k would put someone just into the 40% bracket, but not paying very much at that rate.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:49 pm

William the White wrote:
I'm slightly bemused to be on anyone's rich list. My salary on retirement was £44,500.

i'm sure you are worth every penny - but still sounds pretty rich to me! UK average earnings are somewhere in the region of £26,000..

probably doesn't sound rich to anyone else on here - as I said - it's a pretty rich forum!!

my response was one of genuine surprise as I was always given the impression that uni lecturers were poorly paid.. is all!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:51 pm

Athers wrote:Tube drivers do get plenty, too much maybe, but then again they are at risk of driving when some poor sod wants to end their life, and that's got to be stressful after the event. Can't imagine I'd be rushing back to work after seeing that.

My maths suggests 44.5k would put someone just into the 40% bracket, but not paying very much at that rate.
Yep. Was the threshold different in 2012-13?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:52 pm

William the White wrote:
Naah... they are walloping in the overtime... But a lot more socially useful than lawyers...
And those teaching Drama at the 115th best Uni of the 119 in the UK? :fingers: :mrgreen:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Prufrock wrote:
William the White wrote:
And those teaching Drama at the 115th best Uni of the 119 in the UK? :fingers: :mrgreen:
I wasn't teaching drama. And the university has moved up the league table since my retirement. Two assertions in your post. Both incorrect. nothing new then. :fingers: :mrgreen:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:58 pm

William the White wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
William the White wrote:
I wasn't teaching drama. And the university has moved up the league table since my retirement. Two assertions in your post. Both incorrect. nothing new then. :fingers: :mrgreen:
Effect and cause? :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:00 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Effect and cause? :wink:
I don't believe it can be a coincidence.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:02 pm

Surely the ranking is retrospective and therefore WW has contributed to said ranking. I'd be asking for a pension increase :)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:04 pm

Creative Writing? Something full of utilitarian benefit (imagine doing something with no obvious direct application at Uni!).

And the 2014 ranking would reflect at least 6 months of your time no? That or you were holding them back!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:05 pm

William the White wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
William the White wrote:
I wasn't teaching drama. And the university has moved up the league table [/b]since my retirement. Two assertions in your post. Both incorrect. nothing new then. :fingers: :mrgreen:

key phrase.

:wink:
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.