What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by thebish » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:09 pm

Prufrock wrote:Why don't you go to new arrivals and let is know a bit about yourself :D.

You know, get used to the board.

ahhhhhhh - all becomes clear... in that case - welcome withdrawn!! :D

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:18 pm

:( and I was feeling so loved.

anyway, everyone watch The General: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncapCvkPgVw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:05 pm

Going for Spring Breakers tonight...

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:15 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Going for Spring Breakers tonight...
Let us know how it is!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:25 pm

Watched 12 Years a Slave this afternoon.

When the final credits started rolling, nobody moved for five minutes.

That's power.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:29 pm

HMX wrote:
Let us know how it is!
Will do....it's just t & a at the minute....

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:40 pm

HMX wrote:
Let us know how it is!
It's not that good....

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Tonight we watched Behind the Candelabra.

A very poor movie. Predictable from beginning to end. Repetitive. Bitchy and grimacingly sentimental at the same time.

Daughter gave up half way through - I don't like doing that. But I'm not saying she was wrong.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:43 pm

I thought it was terrific.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:44 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
HMX wrote:
Let us know how it is!
It's not that good....
Literally one of the worst films I've ever seen.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:45 pm

Fancied a comedy so I watched '21 Jump Street'. Wasn't that good.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:08 am

Saw Her with a great performance by Joaquin Phoenix, very sad and touching and beautifully filmed. Explores our relationship with technology and each other. Thought it sounded a bit shit but could not have been more wrong.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:55 am

Went to see the new Jack Ryan. .... Well ... OK, I went to see Kiera Knightly in something or other (just don't tell mummy's Mrs. I said that).

Perfectly good knockabout action film. No depth, no critical assessment of anything fundamental ... but it did have a good few sub-titles. I feel no more left, or right, wing for seeing it ... but perfectly entertained.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:53 am

bobo the clown wrote:Went to see the new Jack Ryan. .... Well ... OK, I went to see Kiera Knightly in something or other (just don't tell mummy's Mrs. I said that).

Perfectly good knockabout action film. No deepth, no critical assessment of anyhing fundamental ... but it did have a good few sub-titles. I feel no more left, or right, wing for seeing it ... but perfectly entertained.
I just caught the 2nd half of Airforce One, made me realise what good guys US presidents are and Harrison Ford's version can dodge bullets after they have been fired! Quite a skill.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:30 am

General Mannerheim wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
HMX wrote:
Let us know how it is!
It's not that good....
Literally one of the worst films I've ever seen.
I'd have to agree.....

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:38 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Saw Her with a great performance by Joaquin Phoenix, very sad and touching and beautifully filmed. Explores our relationship with technology and each other. Thought it sounded a bit shit but could not have been more wrong.
It really is great. Phoenix can do no wrong and deserves an Oscar for this.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:36 pm

Royal Rumble tonight!
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:08 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:I thought it was terrific.
Yes, i saw you liked it. One of the reasons I watched tbh. Why did you think it was so good?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:10 pm

still ploughing my way through the "24" back catalogue...

series 1: Oh no!! some bad foreigners are going to assassinate the president.. only Jack Bauer can help - only he's gonna have to break some rules to achieve it - and - oh dear - his family are threatened - and - oh double dear - there's a mole at CTU!!

series 2: Oh no!! some even badder foreigners are going to do summat even badder - they are going to set off a nuke in America!! only Jack Bauer can help - only he's gonna have to break some rules to achieve it - and - oh dear - his family are threatened - and - oh double dear - there's a mole at CTU!!

series 3: Oh no!! a former agent gone bad is going to do something utterly unspeakable - he's going to unleash a very bad form of the plague across America.. only Jack Bauer can help - only he's gonna have to break some rules to achieve it - and - oh dear - his family are threatened - and - oh double dear - there's a mole at CTU!!

series 4: Oh no!! some proper and seriously bad foreigners are going to do something really bad - but we are running out of bad things that they can do - errrrrrr.... oh no! some boffins have decided it was a good idea to invent a remote control that can melt down all 104 US nuclear reactors at the same time - and - oh drat!! the baddy terrorists have stolen it.. only Jack Bauer can help - only he's gonna have to break some rules to achieve it - and - oh dear - someone he loves is threatened - and - oh double dear - there's a mole at CTU!!

having said that - good escapist stuff - and they know how to keep the pot boiling! 8)

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:25 pm

thebish wrote:still ploughing my way through the "24" back catalogue...

series 1: Oh no!! some bad foreigners are going to assassinate the president.. only Jack Bauer can help - only he's gonna have to break some rules to achieve it - and - oh dear - his family are threatened - and - oh double dear - there's a mole at CTU!!

series 2: Oh no!! some even badder foreigners are going to do summat even badder - they are going to set off a nuke in America!! only Jack Bauer can help - only he's gonna have to break some rules to achieve it - and - oh dear - his family are threatened - and - oh double dear - there's a mole at CTU!!

series 3: Oh no!! a former agent gone bad is going to do something utterly unspeakable - he's going to unleash a very bad form of the plague across America.. only Jack Bauer can help - only he's gonna have to break some rules to achieve it - and - oh dear - his family are threatened - and - oh double dear - there's a mole at CTU!!

series 4: Oh no!! some proper and seriously bad foreigners are going to do something really bad - but we are running out of bad things that they can do - errrrrrr.... oh no! some boffins have decided it was a good idea to invent a remote control that can melt down all 104 US nuclear reactors at the same time - and - oh drat!! the baddy terrorists have stolen it.. only Jack Bauer can help - only he's gonna have to break some rules to achieve it - and - oh dear - someone he loves is threatened - and - oh double dear - there's a mole at CTU!!

having said that - good escapist stuff - and they know how to keep the pot boiling! 8)
:lol: :lol:

The amount of times they go back to the mole in CTU storyline is ridiculous. Still, they do it well enough for it not to really get old.

Season 3 is the best for me.
Last edited by hi there, i'm chris on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.