I've got ten on Riga mortice - Charlton (A) 18/4/14

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

A Dick's Errand - Charlton Away Moved

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:06 pm

News is: CHARLTON UPDATE: Game at The Valley to now take place on Good Friday, April 18. Kick-off 3pm.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: A Dick's Errand - Charlton Away Moved

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:News is: CHARLTON UPDATE: Game at The Valley to now take place on Good Friday, April 18. Kick-off 3pm.
Oh crap. That will stuff the Bish up and he has already bought his train tickets :(

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:News is: CHARLTON UPDATE: Game at The Valley to now take place on Good Friday, April 18. Kick-off 3pm.
Oh crap. That will stuff the Bish up and he has already bought his train tickets :(
Might stuff a few of us up. :?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:35 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
I should imagine 3-0'clock in the afternoon of Good Friday would be a no-no for him anyway? Somewhat insesnsitive organising.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
I should imagine 3-0'clock in the afternoon of Good Friday would be a no-no for him anyway? Somewhat insesnsitive organising.
Dunno, just texted him, he's off in Wolverhampton today but I am imagining its a no go :(

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:46 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Do the United Reformed Church do a Benediction TD? I thought it was just us.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:54 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

All denominations have some kind of Good Friday service and I don't suppose its so easy for Bish to skive off his. Slight chance it might be early morning I suppose and he can still make it, but unlikely.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:10 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

All denominations have some kind of Good Friday service and I don't suppose its so easy for Bish to skive off his. Slight chance it might be early morning I suppose and he can still make it, but unlikely.

The Catholics have (or had) a specific service starting at 3.00 pm (the alleged time that Christ is supposed to have died) starting with the Stations of the Cross (again, not sure if you have those) and going on to a full Benediction.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:16 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Don't know, I'll leave thebish to answer that one Gary, although I'm pretty sure they'll have some sort of service.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:28 pm

Good Friday football puts me to recall me sneaking off to play a match despite my Dad's instructions that it was the Holiest day and we should refrain from any pleasures (!!) until Easter Sunday. He realised where I'd gone, appeared at our pitchsude and, literally, marched onto the pitch and dragged me away. It took months for me to live that down .... & a long while till we spoke other than in basic grunts.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:40 pm

And you've been a rubbish footballer ever since!
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Well ... quite. It's hard enough watching out for the opposition let alone wondering if a spectator is going to come on and drag you off the pitch. Quite put me off my game.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:10 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Well ... quite. It's hard enough watching out for the opposition let alone wondering if a spectator is going to come on and drag you off the pitch. Quite put me off my game.
Absolutely nothing to do with playing in size seventeen boots then?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:17 pm

Well, it works for me. I can go and play on the Sat. So hooray.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:20 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:And you've been a rubbish footballer ever since!
Since? Since? Oh my giddy aunt. :D

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

The Catholics have (or had) a specific service starting at 3.00 pm (the alleged time that Christ is supposed to have died) starting with the Stations of the Cross (again, not sure if you have those) and going on to a full Benediction.
Nope, I'm a baptist. Don't go in for the smells and bells and all that. It's a bit simpler. No idea what stations of the cross or benedictions are. :oops:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Nope, I'm a baptist. Don't go in for the smells and bells and all that. It's a bit simpler. No idea what stations of the cross or benedictions are. :oops:

Sorry, Baptist. And nor should you. It's all a bit high church proddy/ Catholic stuff. But you do do tambourines and guitars and that don't you?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:07 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Sorry, Baptist. And nor should you. It's all a bit high church proddy/ Catholic stuff. But you do do tambourines and guitars and that don't you?
Not tambourines! Guitars and drums though, yes.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:10 pm

Anyway, sorry for digressing chaps!

Charlton date moved. Boooooo!

Freedman out. Gartside out. Davies out. etc, ad nauseum.

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:13 pm

I think that given I am the forum member with the best spelling and punctuation skills I should write a letter to the F.A and Charlton F.C.
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"