Tonight's Football

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by danhorwich » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:07 am

Have just seen there last 7 games and they are by no means out of it yet, what a horrible run in. Hopefully they sack BSA and Spuds relegate them at Upton Park because they hate Spuds just as much as they hate Millwall.:
Sunderland V West Ham

West Ham V Liverpool

Arsenal V West Ham

West Ham V Crystal Palace

West Brom V West Ham

West Ham V Tottenham

Man City V West Ham
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:27 pm

Meanwhile ....Leeds lost, at home, to Doncaster. They'll be chucking themselves off the Parkinson Tower if this continues.

Players not paid this month, owners broke & desperate to sell, new buyer banned from buying it & racking up the debt and, in THEIR case, no assets to sell as they already sold the ground, the training ground and all other useful assets when they went bust last time.

Ooops !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:37 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Meanwhile ....Leeds lost, at home, to Doncaster. They'll be chucking themselves off the Parkinson Tower if this continues.

Players not paid this month, owners broke & desperate to sell, new buyer banned from buying it & racking up the debt and, in THEIR case, no assets to sell as they already sold the ground, the training ground and all other useful assets when they went bust last time.

Ooops !!
Players have been paid half of their wages BTW.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:47 pm

How hard is it for football commentators to learn the laws of the game. Albrighton running at full tilt down the wing has to jump a good five feet in the site to hurdle Buttner. Clear foul. Commentator seems to suggest it's not a foul 'cause he didn't actually touch him. Buy a book! It's your job!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:49 pm

Also, given his ability to play on the left wing is oft given as a reason he's a shoo in for the England squad, can anyone come up with one single convincing reason why Welbeck should go to the world cup over Rodriguez?

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:28 am

Prufrock wrote:Also, given his ability to play on the left wing is oft given as a reason he's a shoo in for the England squad, can anyone come up with one single convincing reason why Welbeck should go to the world cup over Rodriguez?
He plays for Utd is the reason quite a few know nothing's would give.

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:59 am

This I getting silly now - Chelsea have lost 1 game so now Mourinhio decides Chelsea aren't in the title race anymore despite being top of the league meaning the managers of all 4 of the top teams don't think they can win the title and to make things even sillier Pellegrini says that 4th placed Arsenal can still win the title.

Who would have thought that the silly mind games could be taken several levels higher after the king of mind games Fergie had retired. Its redicoulas.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26805592
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26806213

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:09 pm

The good news is, when Moyes say's United can't win the title, I believe him!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:21 pm

danhorwich wrote:This I getting silly now - Chelsea have lost 1 game so now Mourinhio decides Chelsea aren't in the title race anymore despite being top of the league meaning the managers of all 4 of the top teams don't think they can win the title and to make things even sillier Pellegrini says that 4th placed Arsenal can still win the title.

Who would have thought that the silly mind games could be taken several levels higher after the king of mind games Fergie had retired. Its redicoulas.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26805592
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26806213

I love Jose
"Clearly we have some players because of their profile who find it difficult to perform in some kinds of matches. You have Branislav Ivanovic, John Terry, Gary Cahill and César Azpilicueta who perform in the sun, in the rain, on small pitches, on big pitches, against aggressive teams, against non-aggressive teams, against possession teams, against non-possession teams, and they perform every game from day one to the last day. And you have other players who are fantastic in some matches and disappear in others. You can find easily in these matches something in common. You can find it clearly."

Asked what quality is required for his side, Mourinho said: "I cannot say in front of the cameras. I can write it on paper." Offered a notepad afterwards, the Portuguese wrote "balls".

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:41 pm

Just after cornflakes predictions for top and bottom

Citeh........ 86 points
Chelski.......82 points
Arsenal......82 points
Liverpool... 81 points

Cardiff.......36 points
Sunlan.......33 points
W Brom......32 points
Fulham.......30 points
Last edited by Gravedigger on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:24 pm

Do you really think Arsenal will finish 2nd, lose on Saturday and they will have a struggle on to finish 4th.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:41 pm

danhorwich wrote:Do you really think Arsenal will finish 2nd, lose on Saturday and they will have a struggle on to finish 4th.
You're right Dan. Cock up on the counting games front. Arsenal now in 3rd but I think they'll slaughter Everton. Chelski have some of them Euro games so will be knackered, Citeh have 2 in hand, so no change there and Liverpool have 1 in hand. Spurs losing to Liverpool, so 'pool go top temp. And I think of all of the top 4 Arsenal have the easiest set of games. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:15 pm

Either Liverpool are a seriously good side or Spuds are very average.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:01 am

Sunderland lose at home to West Ham. Worst home record in the league. I can't feckin WAIT!! to play them next season! Massive club and all that bollocks!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:49 am

ChrisC wrote:Sunderland lose at home to West Ham. Worst home record in the league. I can't feckin WAIT!! to play them next season! Massive club and all that bollocks!

We aiming to beat their record? :grin:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:04 am

ChrisC wrote:Sunderland lose at home to West Ham. Worst home record in the league. I can't feckin WAIT!! to play them next season! Massive club and all that bollocks!
Had a quick look on their forums and it seems a number of their fans have now turned on Poyet. He was the absolute best thing since sliced bread a few weeks ago when he was taking them to a cup final and had them in the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

Funny old game is football.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:51 am

Nowt to do with football and everything to do with being wankers (them, not you).

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:13 am

Will they be plundering our "tawdry little club" again? :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:39 pm

A friend of mine (Bolton fan) is at Blackburn vs Brighton and has told me that Keith Andrews now actually looks worse then when he was here. How is that possible?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:34 pm

It's always nice when someone you think is a cock, proves themselves to be a cock.

Take a bow, James Morrison.